Aaron Maybin ....please...no....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by erasmus, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LolTolhurst

LolTolhurst Banned

He sucks so much it's fucking contagious...mark my words, the suck will rub off on the Jet D till he's cut

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Maybe he can bring some much needed levity, like pissing under a table at Denny's.

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

It's not my money. I don't give a shit.

I just hope they sign some OL depth.

4. LolTolhurst

LolTolhurst Banned

You really like that story, huh?

5. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Even though Maybin is garbage, the man has never stuck with a defensive coordinator for more than a year in his pro career, playing with Jauron and Fewell in year 1 and Edwards in year 2.....

Now going to Rex Ryan will mean a 3rd new defensive coach but maybe he can find something in Maybin. Maybin's problem has been he has refused to build up weight, not so much as what Gholston's problem was his heart. Overall they both are Big Ten busts to wrap it up but I do think Maybin got less of a chance than Gholston.

#65 BakerMaker, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  6. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I just consulted the magic 8-ball:

My sources say no

7. LolTolhurst

LolTolhurst Banned

Did you cap the ball off this esse?

[​IMG]

8. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

FYP............I capped the 8-ball off of this esse.

9. LolTolhurst

LolTolhurst Banned

Get your money back, he sold you schwag

10. Zeppelin

Zeppelin Member

I agree. :up:

11. LolTolhurst

LolTolhurst Banned

You'll love his sack dance.

12. REVIS ISLAND 619

REVIS ISLAND 619 New Member

can't hurt, def a no risk signing. our d' should benefit him more then the bills did as well. im tryin' to be optimistic! go jets.

#72 REVIS ISLAND 619, Aug 17, 2011
  13. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Ever heard of Matt Slauson? Sione Pouha?

Both were projects and both have turned out pretty well I'd say.

14. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

If they bring him in on a minimum, no-risk deal then what's the big deal?

Although I must say I don't see how this would work out.. a guy who failed on the BILLS, and couldn't get on the field, is going to come here and make the team? Just don't see it.. but if Rex wants him, I have all the confidence in the world in Rex..

15. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

We gave up our 6th overall to draft Gholston, and now we are giving up NOTHING to get Maybin. We also gave up $50 mil for Ghosts ghost services. We will most likely give up less than a mil for Maybin IF he survives the final cut.

I don't care what pick Maybin was drafted at, cuz its irrelevant. How do u compare a player we gave up nothing (or plan on) besides maybe $1mil max in salary against a player we gave up our 6th overall pick for PLUS about $50 mil for three years? You are only trying to compare their histories, not their worth.

To me, Maybin will just be any other signing. He'd have to clearly survive the cuts in order to make it. There is zero risk involved in this pickup where as Gholston pick was full of risk. The rewards may be similar and Im not arguing Maybin will walk on the Jets team and become an all pro.

16. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Lets not kid ourselves. Those players showed improvement on the field, be it in games, or in practice. The fact they were on the team contesting for starting positions meant they showed enough to keep em, unlike Ghost. I hate project picks, especially if they are a high pick like Ducasse. I don't mind drafting a project pick late in the 3rd day of the draft, not the first 2 days.

17. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Ghost wasn't a project, he was a projected starter and got put in the project role once Mangini got fired and Rex got hired. Ducasse was and still is a solid pick, the lockout really fucked up his development , he needs another year / off season under his belt too show us some improvement.

But besides that fact I was commenting on the jets and making project picks effective, the Jets can and have proven that they can make solid players out of low picks, look at even Mike Devito signed as a UDFA in 2007 and in 2010 he was one of the top run stoppers in terms of efficiency in the league. 3 years too develop him and he became more then we thought. Look at Ropati not much proof yet but id bet he will be an excellent role player on the Dline , the Jets signed him as a UDFA in 2008 as a project he should prove this year he was worth the time of development.

And if youd like too describe 2nd rounders or lower as projects David Harris in 2007 was seen as a project to develop in the future as a solid ILB, with time ( and one hell of a rookie year) he became more effective then we could of realized. Now im not saying Vlad will Excel like ANY of the guys I've mentioned here or in my other post ( Pouha, Slauson). But stating the Jets cannot develop project picks over time is a reach and can be proven so on our roster.

#77 JohnnyThaJet, Aug 17, 2011
  18. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Damian Woody was a cast off from the Lions (a team that had and is still is in bad need of olinemen) and he was a strength on our oline and there are people here that still want him to come back from retirement, don't put full stock in a crappy team's decision making process.

19. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

this is a perfect example, the Bills suck bad. He might turn into fools gold on this team, and for the vet min it sounds like a win to me.

20. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Fools gold is a bad thing though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.