Cotchery asks for and is granted his release

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pluvrr, Aug 4, 2011.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

we're in a thread titled "Cotchery asked for his release," of course I've read that he asked for his release.

sorry, for the comprehension impaired, how about "Cotchery did not ask for a release because the Jets would not pay him more."

better?

2. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

The jets have a no renegotiation unless we suggest it policy. Maybe J-Co thinks the Steelers will pay him more money and not ask him to take paycuts for the team?

3. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Can we please address this misconception that Cotchery was a "team guy". Just because he was on the team for a while doesn't mean he was a "team guy". Just means he was on the team for a while.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Cotchery is a team guy. Black and Gold runs through his veins!

5. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Cotchery is a turd. I was still a little upset that he wanted his release and was still defending him, but reading that article makes me say good riddance. He's like an ex-girlfriend who talks shit about her ex-boyfriends dick after a break up.

6. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

The irony is that he left because the Jets brought in Plaxico, and he was relegated to being our third receiver, but now in Pittsburgh, he may be their fourth receiver.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Wow. One little comment and he's already being cursed at? Big deal that he said what he said. I'm not going to hate him because he felt out of place in NY. That doesn't make any sense.

8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

a woman scorned.

9. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

He was here for awhile and we never heard him complain about anything. He sacrificed his body for this team on a number of occasions and never really got any recognition outside of NY for the things that he did. He has been nothing but professional about this whole thing and everyone complaining about what he said needs a tampon change.

He didn't feel like he fit into the future plans and now he is happy to be in a different situation. What a terrible guy.

10. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Cotchery was a solid Jet, but he chose to move on, and given that he's coming off surgery, I think Mason is going to be an upgrade.

11. REVIS ISLAND 619

REVIS ISLAND 619 New Member

ya, that's his prerogative to find a place that he thinks is a better situation but, when you bad mouth your prior team your subjected to criticism from the fans....even if his whole situation seems petty & not logical.

12. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Except that he's starting to sound like Francesa with his double-talk and said comment about what he likes about the Steelers:

“And the atmosphere. The way they handle their guys over here, it’s something I need at this time. It’s the best atmosphere for me to thrive in as a player and as a person.”

So basically he wasn't getting that from the Jets? That tells me he didn't like the in-your-face culture of Rex. I guess it isn't for everyone but we can end the myth about him being a team guy now.

13. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

How about the part where he took a demotion last season and didn't cry over it?

14. ukilledkenny

Not to mention nobody had a clue he was unhappy until it was reported a few weeks ago. He was professional enough to handle his issues behind closed doors.

15. ukilledkenny

He hasn't bad mouthed the jets at all. Some are grasping at straws to try to find some bad mouthing. Saying he is happy to be a steeler after signing a contract with them is hardly bad mouthing the jets.

16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Ellis is gone.
    Cotchery is gone.

I loved them while they were here, now they're gone and will act as such, so we should also.

/

[​IMG]

17. REVIS ISLAND 619

not really, i mean if he's just trying to find a better situation in his eyes then more power to him....but if your leaving a situation that you asked to be out of then why the comments about pennington or mason taking his spot? im not hating on him at all either cause i like mason alot better. he just sounds bitter & i don't really have any sympathy for him or his life when he makes millions of dollars playing a game.

18. ukilledkenny

He doesn't need sympathy, he jus shouldn't be made out be a selfish ass by some butt hurt fans after he was nothing but professional the whole time he was here.

19. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

20 pages for a number 3 receiver? WTF? On his best day as a Jet, he was an average receiver. Close this fuckin thread already

20. REVIS ISLAND 619

never said he needed any, just don't have any for his case. how was he not selfish? he had a contract and asked out of it & made those comments i pointed out. his coach & qb tried to pursued him not to leave. while it is a buisness before anything you do have teammates as well. i haven't heard woody, rex, or anyone from the jets knocking his decision. like i said he just sounds bitter haha. i agree though, that most criticism on him has been pretty harsh. best of luck to him.