My Friend Pats-Hater

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 17a_tailgater, Aug 6, 2011.

1. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Very sad news, not someone I knew personally obviously but I enjoyed his posts.

Peace be with him.

2. ........

........ Trolls

I can't even imagine what you're going through. I haven't lost any good friends since high school, and I didn't really appreciate what it meant then.

He was finally getting to spend all his time with the kids, too. He was telling me last week that it had been so great not having to travel for work. He loved being with his kids and wanted a new job that let him stay closer. Now he's gone. Unbelievable.

3. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Condolences to his family and friends.
    Such a young man to be gone so soon.

God bless his family.

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I will miss you Chris. this is heart breaking news.

5. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Ugh this is just so depressing , anything we can do too show our condolences? Any donations to his family? Anything special we can do for him?

I never knew the guy but I did feel as though I did. I've lost many family members before and the grieving process is just unimaginable. It must be so hard for his family too stay strong. If there's anything I can do too help out please, mods, 17a, or anyone keep me updated.

6. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Wow!

I'm in shock. This real tough to take.

TGG will never be the same, never. PH probably made me laugh out loud more than any other poster.

God Bless their family.

I know it's early, but as a community we need to honor Chris on this board. Maybe we can get together and dedicate a Forum or a special memorial on the Home Page. I'm sure Petro and Mack would support a permanent memorial.

7. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

This is awful! :sad: I feel sick. My heart goes to his family.

8. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

RIP Pats Hater. You were a great poster. Condolenscences to his family, to 17A, and all of the other posters who he touched. As a father of two boys of my own, I will hug them both a little tighter tonight. It's too sad.

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I'm getting a #74 Mangold jersey and will wear it every Sunday in honor of our departed friend.

10. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

I've been trolling these forums for Jet's information for about three years now. Hater was an excellent poster and from the descriptions of him and the photos many of you have posted I can tell that he was wonderful father and a stand up guy.

It's so tough to realize how truly fragile life is and how much we impact the lives of those around us with the short time we are all lucky enough to have on this planet.

My thoughts go out to his family and to those of you who met him personally. 17 A, be sure to cheer twice as loud for him from your seat.

11. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

I can't speak for the rest of you, but I feel my biggest honor towards pats-hater will party twice as hard on November 13th.

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'm saddened.

Pats hater emerged last year as one of my favorite people on this great website. Though PH may be gone, TGGers will never forget him.

17A hang in there brother. We got you.

13. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

Never met the man, and I'm fairly new here, but there is no doubt that Pats-Hater was one of my favorite people here. It really sucks to lose an amazing fellow Jet fan and, judging by many posters' condolences, a stand up guy.

RIP

14. jetsbabe68

jetsbabe68 New Member

I talked to Chris and his son on their way to football practice on Thursday. I can't believe it was the last time I ever would. God bless his family as all of my prayers are with them. Chris I'm going to miss you my friend, I can't believe this. I'd be very appreciative for the arrangements as they become available.

15. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I'm fucking speechless right now.
    I met him only once but I have, literally, tears in my eyes as I'm typing.

Chris is really the first person I connected with on this board, and when I saw Pam's post in the bunker, I figured he was banned or something (again). But, seeing this thread, I kept clicking up ahead hoping that this was some kind of a sick joke, because we all know what kind of sense of humor he has.
    But....this is crazy.
    I feel worst of all for his wife and his kids (his newest especially, who will really never get to know him) because they lost a special person. I only met him once (and it was a great time) but I pmed with the guy, we txted each other about our kids and pictures of them and what beer we were into at the time, we txted each other about whether or not the Jets had made any personnel moves while I'm at work or while he's on one of his excursions (which there were plenty of).
    This is just too upsetting. 17A, if there is any kind of fund please PM me, or set up some kind of thread for it. The guy, for all his kidding around on this board, was a gigantic family man first and foremost, and as much as we all will feel this big loss, his family will feel it every minute of their lives.

RIP, Chris, I'm going miss you, man.

16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I am pretty new here and he was one the people that earned my respect in a short time. I am sorry to hear about his passing. May his soul rest in peace. My condolonces to his family and his friends.

17. 624

624 Banned

I remember last year when I was posting in the p90x thread, pats-hater PMed me and offered to burn a dvd of the whole program for me and give it to me at the Texans game I was going too. Without even asking he offered to help me out when he knew I didn't have it. Unfortunately I didn't get to meet him because I received it another way...but to offer that to someone over the internet was really nice.

Seeing his posts from just a few days ago being at his 10 year old's football practice makes me sick..

RIP buddy

18. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Man this is awful. I am in a complete state of shock. Rest in peace Pats-Hater

19. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Sorry to hear about pats-hater's death. He was obviously cared for by many people and he was one of the posters I respected the most on this board. All condolences go out to his friends and family.

20. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

The first page of the tailgate thread is bone chilling.