Is derrick mason going to sign?????

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by section134, Aug 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

i know, but ukilledkenny's argument was about the contributions of guys picked from the fifth round and lower ... leaving 7th rounders and udfa off the list makes no sense

2. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Wayne Chrebet is 37. Let's sign that beast.

3. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

At this point it really seems like Mason is jerking the Jets around. I suppose they really don't have a choice, because there aren't many viable options left, but at this point, you've got to realize this is a guy who can't decide whether or not he wants to play for a Super Bowl contender that really needs him, and that's pretty absurd.

-X-

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Do you mean the Ravens? He is more needed their and they're a contender as well.

5. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

Slow down. The question is how likely is it that Kerley can contribute right off the bat. Every year a bunch of players who are picked late or not drafted contribute but how likely is it that Kerley is that guy? If you're going to put Blair White in the numerator of "good rookie wideouts" then you need to put all the rookie free agents who made camps that year(which is like 50 or something) in the denominator.

We all hope Kerley is one of the few late round receivers who kick ass as rookies but that's hoping for an awful lot.

EDIT: We all remember Chrebet; we all know that you don't need to be drafted high to be good as a rookie. But there are a lot fewer Chrebets and Davone Bess's then there are guys who get drafted.

#305 ManlyGenius, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

But he supposedly loathes them for being cut.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

haha, he'll actually be 38 when the season starts.

If it weren't for the parade of concussions, he might still be playing.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Right, but he was responding to an argument. So you're creating a new argument with a whole different dynamic.

ah, Manlygenius beat me to it.

9. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

its pretty hilarious how worked up some are getting over a 37 yo slot man w/diminishing skills.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

indeed.

He can still catch 45 passes and maybe hit 5 TDs.

That's all this team is asking from its slot guy - move the chains, and be a check down outlet. Cotch doesn't do it well from the slot. He's suited for outside. Mason can play inside and outside.

He's probably going to end up 9th in catches all time too.

#310 NDmick, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  11. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I'd be pretty stoked to have Mason

12. Don

What I find funny is that almost everybody loves to kiss Tannenbaum's and Rex's ass 99 percent of the time but as soon as they cut one of their boys then the FO is scum and shows no loyalty to their own..yada yada yada. Let them make the personnel decisions, they usually do ok.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Emotions. When they are the driving foundation of an opinion, this is what happens.

They'll get over it.

14. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Really? He is still that young. Damn, I thought he was in his mid-40's by now.

As for Mason, if it doesn't happen, I hope Tanny has a plan. Going into a season with 1 proven wr is dangerous. Sanchez has no accuracy anyway. If you allow teams to double and triple team his only weapon on passing downs, he might be flat out horrific this year.

15. Boss Revis

Boss Revis Active Member

I don't know why people are down on Mason if we bring him in.

800 YARDS AND 7 TOUCHDOWNS LAST YEAR

clearly still has game.. clearly. Would be a massive upgrade over what Cotch brought last year

it would eliminate any difference we may have lost in the Bray/Plax swap (I however believe Plax is better, and will put up better #s)

16. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Bray is a pretty big loss IMO. Plax is untested in two years and already dinked up. Holmes is nasty, glad to have him back. Keller is going to catch a lot of passes and I'm not really a fan of mason , but he would be a great pickup.

I believe our defense will be top 5 in the league. I hope shonn turns on early. He has been slow to get it started 2 years in a row. Granted the first year was a rookie season behind jones and Leon. Ground 'n pound is New York Jet football and then hit 'em with the play action pass. I hope plax can be a deep threat like before pulling a cheddar bob.

Going to miss Bray. I guess we all new it was going to cost too much to keep them all. Plus Bray is a bit of a fucktard. Maybe next year he grows up a little and we get him back. I expect another solid year out of Tomlinson. The man is a leader who loves football. Can he catch Curtis in all time career rushing yards?

Anyway, CAN'T WAIT!! Let's go Jets!

17. nixhead

nixhead Banned

You know what - the Jets can just up their offer to Mason if they need him that badly. They have the cap rooom. I think the media is once again blowing this out of proportion.
    Up the offer by 1/2 mil and he should be a Jet! I guess we will see how badly the Jets think they need him.

18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

D Mase has been an excellent and durable possession receiver. It would be great to have his experience, leadership and skills added to the mix. But it would also he great to give some new blood a chance to bust through and develop into a great slot man. If D Mase doesn't want to come to NYJ and be a part of this incredible 2011 season - thats his decision. The train is rolling its time to get on board.

19. REVIS ISLAND 619

REVIS ISLAND 619 New Member

^^^ well said. get on, or get off! lets go jets!

20. Don

They do have a lot of money and you have to wonder what they plan to do with it. They can't just hold on to it when a lot of it came from people like Scott, Pace, LT, etc. They need to spend it or give it back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.