Is derrick mason going to sign?????

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by section134, Aug 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ........

........ Trolls

And clearly he's not going to be demanding the ball every time it heads another receiver's way when he's trying to hit 90 receptions.

2. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Haha. That's a shitshow waiting to happen.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

He's been asking to leave a Super Bowl contending team since February.

Apparently his main reason is because he's not getting the ball enough - that's selfish.

I didn't call him a prick, but this is a selfish act. The Jets did him a favor by cutting him loose so soon.

4. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Bam !!!! TD !!!!!!!!!!!!

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Good point. Haha. How many catches did he have last year? That had to be his best.

6. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

The name we should all be watching is Malcom Floyd. He's going to be the first domino to drop. If he signs with Baltimore, I think we have a leg up on Tennessee and Mason signs with us.

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
    Rex Ryan on Derrick Mason: "I'm sure he'd have to leave money on the table to come here." #nyj
    2 minutes ago

Not looking good..

8. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

If signs with Tennessee because of money I'll be shocked.

9. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I wonder if Mr. T has something big lined up.. or if he plans on redoing contracts to move money to this year and alleviate future cap numbers or something.. because it looks like they freed up a bunch of room, yet aren't willing to offer a little more to secure guys like Mason or Ellis for one year deals that won't even impact future seasons. It's a little curious..

10. #28Martin

I mean do they want to offer these guys anything? Guarantee they offered Mason nothing,,, guarantee they offered Dig nothing,,, they offered Ellis nothing,,, they offered Braylon nothing. They either want to overpay for a star or pay guys the minimum.

They think that Rex will throw the charm out and that makes guys play for the minimum.

Pool gave in.

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

You bitch and moan too much

12. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Dude, what's your problem? All I ever see you do on this board is criticize every single move the team makes. It's like you bask in the glory of ANY negative move, so you can say "Poor me, this team always breaks my heart." Get over it, man. This is one of the best periods to be a Jets fan, we've got a QB who's about to make the jump into the upper echelon of the league, we've got one of the most aggressive and genius GM's, we have a defensive mastermind as coach and a master motivator at that, and we're stocked with talent on both sides of the ball.

Please, I'm not losing any sleep if Mason doesn't sign here. We'll take our chances with Kerley, and when Mark makes his huge improvements this year we'll forget we were talking to that guy.

13. #28Martin

If you're not a star,, aka Harris, Holmes, Mangold, Sanchez, etc., or a hot FA, aka Scott, etc., when you become a FA, they offer ya the minimum.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I wouldn't be shocked at all if Mason went back to Tennessee. He spent eight seasons in Tennessee before going to Baltimore.

He also lives in Nashville.

15. #28Martin

You know, some of the opinions of me are so off base... I totally agree with ya that this is the best period of Jets football in my lifetime. How is it poor me? I don't play for the Jets..... Where did I cry that they broke my heart? You're wrong.... And i'm alot more optimistic then ya think I am.

16. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I can understand that. It's just hard for me to understand why a player who hasn't won a Super Bowl yet would want to go to a team that's in the process of re-building.

17. ........

........ Trolls

Bryan Thomas is getting $3.7 million this season. He was never approached about a paycut, and Tanny laughed off the suggestion that he'd be cut because he's overpaid. It depends on the situation.

Mason is 37. You have no CLUE what they offered Ihedigbo. Pool signed before they finished negotiations. You also have no idea what they offered Braylon, but we know he had a bottom limit to what he'd accept from the Jets...and that limit wasn't very low. For the record, no one paid him more than $1 million guaranteed. The only one that you have a point for is Ellis.

18. #28Martin

You make a good point but they seem to value Bryan Thomas alot higher then alot of Jet fans do...

19. ........

........ Trolls

What? Not even close. He only had 55 catches for about 800 yards last season and 7 TDs. Good season, but his 07 season is the stuff that beasts are made of. 80 rec, nearly 1300 yards, and 17 TDs.

That still wouldn't earn him his $3.5 mil.

20. Boss Revis

Boss Revis Active Member

Hes right in the sense that we have cap room this year, and the ability to offer these guys more money.. still on a 1 year deal.. to ensure they come here.

I won't count Braylon because hes making $1 mill guarenteed. I will assume the Jets offered that or more, but he couldn't swallow his pride. Hope he gets hurt in SF.

Would it kill us to offer Ellis a little more than the min?

Go the extra mile to give Mason a little more so he doesn't spurn us?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.