Ryan Mathews = Sloppy Fatz?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Green Hurricane, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20110802_ryan_mathews_fails_conditioning_test

Ryan Mathews fails conditioning test
    Joe Fortenbaugh, The National Football Post
    Aug 2, 10:16 am EDT

I don’t think this is what the San Diego Chargers had in mind when they traded up 16 spots in the first round of the 2009 draft to select Fresno State running back Ryan Mathews(notes).

On the heels of a disappointing rookie campaign that included only nine starts, 678 rushing yards and a high ankle sprain, second-year running back Ryan Mathews currently looks like he spent his offseason focused on anything but the game of football.

Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune reports that Mathews failed a conditioning test last Wednesday.

“My cardio is real good; I don’t get tired,” Mathews told Acee. “It’s the speed work. I haven’t been doing much speed work like that. There’s a couple things I probably should have done differently in the offseason, conditioning my legs.”

While there’s still plenty of time for Mathews to get into game shape, keep in mind that the Bolts used a sixth-round pick on Connecticut running back Jordan Todman(notes) this past April and still have touchdown-machine Mike Tolbert(notes) on the roster as well.

Meaning if Mathews proves to be ineffective as the starting running back, the team could be quick to make a change.

2. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I guess we'd need to hear how he failed, but that doesn't sound good. Especially for a young RB.

3. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Mr E is not happy

4. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Fyposterollioliolio.

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

His toe hurts. Dude needs to get tougher - he missed games to Fresno with little injuries like this.

He'll be the starter on opening day.

You could change to thread title to Ryan Mathews = pussy, I'd be perfectly okay with it.

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Cam Newton = Brad Smith, right?

7. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Cam Newton is Jamarcus Russelesque

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...since they have completely different styles of play, that makes perfect sense.

You should contribute more around the board. Your football knowledge is outstanding.

9. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Thanks man.

10. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I think I'll let someone else draft Mathews in fantasy...

11. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

i drafted mathews this year and he did very well for me and he was more or less great throughout the season overall; i won the league yo. my 2 starters were shady mccoy and AD; mathews proved invaluable to me as a sub and down the stretch when peterson missed a few games.