How about replacing Cro with Nnamdi? (Merged x67)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Titans, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Sounds like it could involve torture.

2. laxin

laxin Active Member

I have a bad feeling...just dont know why he wouldnt just sign with the Jets- I mean all that talk with Revis about joining teams was obviously bull shit

3. bibigon

bibigon Member

If Nnamdi says to the Jets, "Sorry, this is a big decision. Gotta weigh my options. I'll let you know by Monday morning. If you've gotta move on, then move on, cause other teams will wait." Do you really think the Jets are going to walk away if he says that? I don't. I wouldn't want them to either.

I understand it's a hassle, but at the end of the day, him wanting to take some time with the decision isn't insanity. He can't even technically sign a contract until tomorrow.

4. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Reading the Manish Tweet, it seems like the Jets have offered the max they could and now just want a simple yes/no answer. If the deal was good enough, Aso would have signed it.

Maybe he is thinking about coming at a discounted rate?

5. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

He wants the big money from the Texans. It is what it is, well be alright.

6. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Im still optimistic but as always the season isnt over if we miss.

7. bibigon

bibigon Member

I mean, I think presumably he won't just sign with the Jets because we haven't made the best financial offer. It's pretty simple. 98% of players take the best financial deal. It's nice to play for a winner, but ego/greed/agents/friends all get in the way.

8. laxin

laxin Active Member

bye bye nnamdi

9. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

You do know Monday is 4 days away rite? If Nnamdi said that, then Jets WILL move on. FA would be left with left overs by then.

10. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

11. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Obviously, he would be on a discounted rate. Just like Holmes. It will still be an obscene contract, but Nnamdi would have to leave money on the table to come to the Jets.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

12. bibigon

bibigon Member

Eh. I bet you lots of players will wait on Nnamdi and the Jets by proxy if something like that happened.

13. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Yeah I think by Friday morning they'll move on, one way or another. As good as he is, you can't let him hold you hostage here when there are plenty of other holes for the Jets to fill.

I hope we get him, but I don't think it's going to happen.. the Jets just can't offer as much as the Texans are apparently offering. Maybe he's delaying things hoping the Jets increase their offer a little bit, or maybe he's really very torn on whether he's going to take a discount and how much of one.

14. ItalianoBloodline

Texans leading Jets, 49ers in Asomugha sweepstakes

* NFL.com
    * Published: July 28, 2011 at 12:14 p.m.
    * Updated: July 28, 2011 at 04:19 p.m.
    * Liked: 76 | Comments: 825

* Email
    * Print

* Read
    * Discuss

Friend(s) Email Your Email Send Email

* By NFL.com

More Columns >

The Houston Texans appear to be the leaders for free-agent cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha's services, multiple sources have told NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi.

Asomugha, widely considered the top player available in free agency, could land a contract in the range of $12 million to 14 million per season from the Texans, according to Lombardi. That would make Asomugha the NFL's highest-paid cornerback, eclipsing the average yearly salary of the four-year, $46 million deal that Darrelle Revis signed with the New York Jets last offseason.

The NFL free agency cycle is in full effect, with teams and players agreeing to terms fast as training camps open. Get the latest on all the news right here.

The Jets also are reportedly involved in serious negotiations with Asomugha. According to Lombardi, the San Francisco 49ers are believed to be in the mix, too.

NFL.com senior writer Steve Wyche cited a league source in reporting that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers aren't pursuing Asomugha. There was speculation the Bucs could make a play with starting cornerback Aqib Talib possibly facing legal, league and team discipline for an alleged shooting incident in Texas. Talib is expected to be with the team from the outset of training camp.

The Texans are aided in their pursuit of Asomugha by the fact the state of Texas has no state income tax.

It has been believed the Texans would be aggressive in free agency to upgrade the defense under first-year coordinator Wade Phillips. Adding pieces to the secondary, especially cornerback, is considered a major offseason priority for the team, which used three draft picks in April's draft on defensive backs. The Texans lost free agent Dunta Robinson a year ago in free agency when he signed a six-year, $57 million deal with the Atlanta Falcons.

Asomugha, a four-time All-Pro selection, has spent all eight of his NFL seasons with the Oakland Raiders, with whom he made roughly $16 million last season before his contract voided, making him a free agent.

15. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

^Same old shit.

16. Lombardi really didn't say anything he hadn't said several hours ago. If NA was just taking the money in Houston, I think he would have already agreed. There must be more to this than that.

17. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

A lot of negativity in here all the sudden

18. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Booooooooooooooooo that article.

Its old, and hardly updated.

19. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

OK, enough of the F5 shit, I'm off to masturbate.

20. Rascio

Rascio New Member

At the end of the day it is what it is. Either Aso want's to play in NY and have the possibility of forming the best CB duo in league history and be on a defense that could potentially be historic... or he can go tip cows and fuck his sister in a red neck shit kicking hick city.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.