Anything other then a Super Bowl win a failure this year?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Jul 28, 2011.

?

Is anything less than a Superbowl win a failure?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    61.8%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    38.2%
  1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Do you all feel the same?

Is it Super Bowl or bust this year? Will you accept just a really great winning season but not getting to the dance?

Sanchez has gained some precious experience...Rex has a system going with his guys now. But we are in year 3 and NFL history has shown that teams don't get to the league championship games three years in a row. I am confident we can get it done and we should.

I don't care if we go 16-0 this year, we need to get to the big game anyway we can or it will be heartbreak again.

2. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

its superbowl every year with this team

3. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

It's superbowl or bust for me every season. Every year you set out to win a championship in every sport. I recognize that we have a greater chance this year as we did last year than most seasons but everything short of a superbowl is always disappointing.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

With Rex, Sanchez, and a top 5 defense this team will have a chance to win it every season.

It'll be a failure, but I'm not going to think that if they don't win it this season that they are fucked for years to come.

5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Since the day rex came here that's been what he said. Now as a fan after the last two seasons I have been hard pressed to call them a failure because it was so much damn fun to watch. I like that the guys that I root for don't feel the same way though.

6. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Its the same feeling since we signed Alan Faneca.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

disappointment is a given...But now a loss would be devastating. Aside from the 1999 season when we lost Vinny...I dont think there was a time where a Jets were this ahead as contenders to win.

Maybe Joe Namath in 67 & 68

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

9. colleen74

colleen74 Member

Obvs it would suck to not go all the way... but I am married to a Viking's fan, so I understand how good I have it!

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Failure is the wrong word. Winning the AFC East and going 12-4 but losing in the AFC Title Game or Super Bowl wouldn't exactly be a failure. Maybe disappointing, but not a failure. I'm only 23 and i've seen the Jets FAIL a lot. This team isn't like that any more.

11. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

SB or Bust

I have been a Jet fan too long to worry about the end of the season. Hope for some wins and a playoff spot. Anything further is a bonus. Some of you guys are too young for this bust stuff. If they don't get far this year there is always next.

12. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

I believe if we don't at least take the AFC title i may require a new TV next year.

Being a life time jets fan born in the 70's jets fan since the 80's i have yet to experience any form of a championship and have "learned to accept it".

But now we have a legitimate shot at it and a reason to believe it belongs to us.
    If we don't do it this year it will be definitely ranked as devastating.

13. HughC

HughC New Member

Yes.

If the team was coming off a 4-12 season then I'd be ecstatic with a 10-6 record. But that's not the case; after the last two seasons anything less than the Super Bowl will indeed be if not a failure, at least a major disappointment.

14. bibigon

bibigon Member

I think is setting us up for disappointment really. Rex has taken this team miles in the right direction, but it's awfully tough to even make the AFC Championship game, let alone win it all.

My goal is for the team to make the playoffs, and then anything can happen. On paper, the Pats may be better than us - I wouldn't cry if we didn't win the division. Just get into the tourney.

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Someone should poll this bitch up...It won't let me do it.

Where is the kanadian, MBGreen?

16. ukilledkenny

Vacation, he is missing all the fun.

17. ItalianoBloodline

The Jets haven't won a championship since 1968-1969, so of course, anything other than a SB victory would become a huge disappointment for our fan base.

I've seen the Jets lose 3 AFC Championship games in my lifetime (Broncos of 98, Colts of 09 and Steelers of last season). They all hurt the same. I just can't wait until we get over that hump.

One of the main reasons why I'm all for Aso joining forces with Revis and the Jets, is because the NFL has became a passing league as of late. We must be able to stop passing attacks such as Brady and the Patriots, Manning and the Colts, Roethlisberger and the Steelers as well as Rivers and the Chargers to compete come playoff time.

I'm not even trying to think SB as of right now though. I just wanna see the Jets host a playoff game this year. It's unrealistic to expect a team to win 3 road playoff games, just for a chance to advance to the super bowl.

Before I start to think about the playoffs, I wanna focus on our team having a great regular season first and foremost. Lets win 12-13 games during the regular season, hopefully that's good enough to take home the AFC East. Maybe even earn a bye week, followed by two home playoff games would become the ideal scenario. I'm just sick of having to win three road playoff games just for a chance to advance to the SB.

Lets dumb it down a little, lets keep it simple before talking SB or bust. Lets start off with a great regular season and move on from there.

18. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Every player, coach, GM, owner, etc in the league thinks Super Bowl or bust. That is why they play the game.

We just speak our minds about it.

19. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

So in other words yeah it would be a failure.

20. ukilledkenny

He makes it more and more obvious with each post.