Miami RB

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by thedoc53, Jul 27, 2011.

1. milo

milo Well-Known Member

They don't even want to part with a third for Orton. No way they gave up a second.

2. NickD

NickD New Member

The Dolphins will likely bring in too many new players and falter this year. Next year they may have enough talent and continuity to make it happen, but I doubt Sparono will be around for it.

3. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

maybe they are in love with bush and he is the apple of their eye...

I just hope that they end up giving up a ton for Bush and Orton. Those two definately improve their roster, so hopefully they damage their future to do it.

4. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Orton is fucking garbage.

All of this stats were done in 4th quarter garbage time when his team was behind by 20 points...

Another 7-9 season coming up.

5. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

'

[​IMG]

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Reggie Bush is the type of player that can do damage against the Jets. He just has to stay healthy.

This is a good move by Miami.

7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

They drafted Daniel Thomas, remember? He'll be their between the tackles back.

Reggie Bush will be used all over the field, like he was in New Orleans. He's the most versatile back in the league when fully healthy.

8. kennysg

kennysg New Member

The New Orleans Saints and Miami Dolphins worked out terms of a trade for running back Reggie Bush on Wednesday.

9. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I fucking HATED this move when I heard about it this morning.

10. bojanglesman

Contract- 2 years, $10 million.

11. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Well he does have to stay healthy and that is a big if. Anyway, it is a good pickup and makes them more versatile. Still their QB situation sucks balls.

12. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

any info on the compensation? thats what I want to know... what draft picks did they surrender?

13. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

14. jets_fan_in_fishtown

Not the band or even the pubic hair, they're ok.

15. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

Bush is dangerous no question, but I'm glad they got him instead of Bradshaw. Bush requires a creative OC as well as a QB with good touch. Orton could be that QB, but I think defenses will easily be able to game plan for that kind of passing attack.

Bush is hard to cover coming out of the back field, especially for a team like the Jets who have poor coverage players outside of their cornerbacks. He'll require defenses to gameplan for him, but that gameplan isn't all that complicated or mysterious. With Bush on the field you just need to be sure to contain the edge and spy him closely coming out of the backfield. Easier said than done when talking about a player as elusive as Bush, but certainly not too hard for defensive coordinators to scheme for.

Bush had way more threats to take pressure off him, a better offensive system, and one of the best QBs in the game getting him the ball in New Orleans. He won't have those same luxuries in Miami, and I don't see him having the same kind of success even if he does get more touches.

Bush is a bit of a liability pass blocking so that hurts his effectiveness as a 3rd down back, but then again he'll probably be the 1st or 2nd option on 3rd down depending on distance so he might not be left in to block very often at all. 3rd and long might be a weakness for Miami next year... I guess that's what Marshall is good for.

Anyways, enough rambling. Bush is a quality addition for the Phins, but the moves they made last year getting Dansby and Marshall had me more worried. Orton and Bush won't put them over the top in a difficult AFC, and especially difficult AFC East. Good luck going .500 this year Miami.

#35 Jetskees, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  16. bojanglesman

Andrew Brandt
    Bush will receive $2.5 million signing bonus and $2.5 million salary from Dolphins this yr; $4.5 million salary plus wkout bonus next.

17. jets_fan_in_fishtown

If they got Bradshaw, I would have been pissed. He's a great back, tough as nails and fast.

Bush is soft and made of glass. I still think his ears are ringing from when Sheldon Brown lit him up.

18. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

I love the move. We needed speed, which is why we drafted Edmond Gates and now have Reggie, which is one of the reasons i hated the thought of us going after Marion Barber. I still hope we can bring another guy in just to have in the backfield to help transition Daniel Thomas in. I haven't heard terms of compensation though.

bottom line: we needed some homerun hitters and this move does just that. I hope Reggie can stay healthy. I think Bess, Marshall, Gates and Reggie certainly provide for some good weapons

19. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised if they gave up a high pick. They were gonna have to cut him because he wasn't willing to redo his contract.

20. ItalianoBloodline

I'll be the first to admit, that I would have loved to see Reggie Bush with the Jets.

Greene
    Tomlinson
    Bush

Thats one hell of a backfield. Lets just hope that Joe McKnight turns into a poor mans Reggie Bush.

Once Tomlinson leaves, I would have enjoyed a 1-2 punch of Greene and Reggie.

It would have been fun watching the Jets go 4 wide with LT coming out of the backfield.

QB: Sanchez

RB: Tomlinson

WR: Holmes
    WR: Cotchery
    WR: Keller
    WR: Bush

Talk about offensive play-makers.