Sanchez considered not good enough by rest of the league?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfan76, May 9, 2011.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

A case can be made he was one of the 10 best QBs a year ago when you take all factors into consideration. if you just look at the stat sheet you'd think he was in the 25-32 range but it's more than just stats. I'd rather have a guy w/ lesser #s who makes plays when they matter most than the other way around.

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I am so tired of these Sanchez haters. He's been in the league 2 years and has made Jet fans extremely happy.

I could not be more excited for the future of our franchise.

END OF STORY

3. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

The day will come when he will have to carry the team on his back. Then we will see how good he is.

4. nyjunc

How many QBs can carry teams on their back when it matters most? Not many, that's not how he will be judged.

5. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

That saddens me cuz, all along I thought Freeman had the tools to eventually be an Aaron Rogers....

Like I said at the time, and as I feel now, Especially with the Winds and Weather in the North East, I wouldn't have gone crazy spending draft picks for Mark Sanchez with Freeman on the board....

Sounds to me like, Rex had this GOTTA GET A QB Mentality and they were going to try to squeeze a QB out of that draft regardless.....

Sanchez has so far actually Exceeded my expectations (which were quite low) but, damn part of me just feels like we got a QB with limited abilities at top cost.

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

actually there were NUMEROUS reports about the jets liking Freeman at 17 or whatever the pick was.

obviously they were enamored with Mark's intangibles enough to move up.

7. nyjunc

Aaron Rodgers type are very rare, I really like Freeman but I don't think he'll ever reach Aaron Rodgers' level. We have a QB w/ all the tools to be a really successfull, winning QB for the next decade plus.

8. FOURTHANDLONG

The QB's that win super Bowls carry teams on their back. If you look at the teams that have won the SB over the last twenty years the majority of the Qb's are going to the HOF and Tampa and Baltimore had arguably two of the greatest Defenses of all time and even they only one one Sb with their talent.
    I believe the only teams to do so with a mediocre Qb were the 91&08 Giants and the 92 Skins. The last two years were the growing process now he will be expected to win the big one. Especially in this town.

9. nyjunc

Let's look back:

Rodgers- check
    Brees- check
    Ben- check
    Eli- NOPE
    Peyton- not that year
    Brady- check
    Brad Johnson- nope
    Warner- check
    Elway- not at that point of his career

More often than not but it's not a prerequisite to winning a SB

10. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

This guy put the team on his back more-so than any other player in the world and they didn't win a superbowl.

[youtube]sDd5DPAGoCk[/youtube]

11. FOURTHANDLONG

I said last twenty years and Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer had those special Defeses with Hall of Famers that were only able to win one ring. The bottom line is mediocre rarely wins in this league. And I would take Elway now over Sanchez!

12. FOURTHANDLONG

I think that moniker goes to Dan Marino.

13. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Yeah one day we will have to see him carry this team to victory.

Maybe even 3 days.

[YOUTUBE]H2ZRk5RpuuY[/YOUTUBE]

Or in the playoffs.

[YOUTUBE]LR_FhlfaI-Y[/YOUTUBE]

Or to answer a comeback attempt by our biggest rivals. In the playoffs. In their house.

[YOUTUBE]n31HFT2GZBM[/YOUTUBE]

The world kisses Peyton Manning's ass and it took him NINE YEARS to win a Superbowl, so if your only measuring stick of a QB is not bringing home the Lombardi in two years then your expectations are just too damn high.

14. nyjunc

Those are alot of examples in the last 20 years, Samnchez has been more than good enough to help us get to and win a SB and he should only get better in the coming years. Dynasty teams have that type of QB but can we win one before we start worrying about dynasties?

15. nyjunc

It took peyton 9 years to even win a playoff game and in his career he only has 2 road playoff wins in his career.

manning is 2-5 in 7 road playoff starts, sanchez 4-2

16. FOURTHANDLONG

Are we comparing Sanchez to Peyton Manning now? Seriously.

17. FOURTHANDLONG

I agree and I hope that He is surrounded by talent that will help him. The thing that worries me is if we don't win people are going to start ripping him for not being the Superstar that a lot of people try to make him to be. He can be a good Qb but the pressure that might get put on him will take it's toll if we do not win within a few years.

18. nyjunc

Nope, sanchez has already showed the big stage isn't too big for him- something Peyton has rarely showed as great as he has been in the reg season.

I think he can handle pressure. I think the pressure will be more on rex than Sanchez if we don't win.

19. milo

milo Well-Known Member

No not at all. The point is that even a QB as great as Peyton, who carries his team on his back more than anyone in the last two decades, still only has one ring. Brady hasn't won a goddamn thing since that defense fell apart.

People like to oversimplify football like it's basketball, where one or two stars can hand you a dynasty. It doesn't work that way. If it was Dan Marino would have three or four rings.

'09 AFC Championship we had a back-end defensive meltdown.

'10 AFC Championship we had a front-end defensive meltdown.

Somehow this becomes Sanchez's fault for not being able to throw 5 TD's to overcome our complete inability to tackle/cover.

Even if he wins one with this team mostly intact the haters will say he had a great team around him so he didn't really do it himself.

News Flash: NOBODY DOES.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

If Sanchez stays healthy he will deliver at least 2 rings. The kid has the work ethic, leadership, talent and moxy to be great. The naysayers will look silly soon enough.

Sent from ... FU KOZ