Madden 12 info thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by wildthing202, Mar 22, 2011.

1. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

oooh, that is so 2002

It's awesome when they put things in the game that were already in a game.:up:

3. Oasis

Oasis Member

This is the best news I've heard since players could leave footsteps in the snow!

But seriously, i just played NFL 2k3 on my gamecube, and while the graphics weren't so hot, the gameplay rivaled that of Madden 11.

4. wildthing202

I see someone's still bitter, I didn't say it was new I just said it's in the game you're not going to buy anyway.

5. wildthing202

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/1/playbook-xbooks-and-gameplay

[YOUTUBE]Ox-U6QUpOQw[/YOUTUBE]

Like seeing the dirt kick up.

[YOUTUBE]ecEZU4TpV4w[/YOUTUBE]

Presentation gets a kick in the ass.

http://www.operationsports.com/previews/115/madden-nfl-12-first-look-preview/

More on presentation improvements

[​IMG]

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/hills-features-press-release

Playbooks & Gameplay

• All-New Collision System: Now maintain full control of players up to the point of impact – from tackling to blocking – providing the most authentic collisions in franchise history. This new system uses a player’s momentum and over 100 new tackle animations, including 40 gang tackles, to provide more impactful hits, stolen tackles, and consecutive hit tackling.

• Advanced Defensive AI: Over 100 defensive A.I. enhancements resulting in the smartest Madden defense ever. Players in zone and man coverage will properly recognize and react to plays, including the ability to break out of assignments when appropriate, resulting in a defensive team that truly works together.

• Custom Playbooks: The #1 most requested feature by fans in recent years, allows you to build the ultimate game plan by modifying an existing playbook or creating your own by selecting up to 400 offensive or defensive plays from 75 different playbooks. Integrate your custom playbook into a game plan for use with the improved GameFlow system, which executes an authentic, situational game plan for you.

Presentation

• Broadcast Redefined: Experience NFL Sundays like never before with completely overhauled presentation, including 32 team-specific run outs featuring mascots and cheerleaders, over 500 dynamic broadcast cameras authentic to every NFL stadium, innovative “real” on-field cameras shot by expert NFL Films cameramen, and a network inspired new broadcast graphics package.

• Unprecedented On-Field Authenticity: Hundreds of visual improvements across all areas of the game including: new player equipment, helmet stickers, pylon and ball physics, a player degradation system that affects uniforms and helmets based on weather and field surface, 3D grass, and new player specific animations that showcase the personalities of each NFL player.

Franchise and Superstar Modes

• Franchise mode includes more than 100 new features and enhancements, including expanded rosters, an all-new rookie scouting system, a free-agent bidding system, and more.

• In Superstar mode, fans can now control the growth of their superstar with an all-new progression system that allows you to earn skill points by participating in practice and games. More details on Franchise and Superstar modes will be released on May 16.

Dynamic Player Performance

• Dynamic Player Performance is an all-new feature that creates unprecedented realism as a player’s skills and confidence will rise and fall based on his performance throughout a game or in Franchise mode, just like the real NFL. No two players will play the same in Madden NFL 12, and more details will be revealed at the E3 Expo on June 6.

Madden NFL Ultimate Team

• The perfect combination of Madden NFL Football, fantasy football, and trading cards comes to life in Madden NFL Ultimate Team. More information on how to earn, buy, auction, and trade players will be released on June 20.

Online Communities

• Online Communities will provide an all-new way for Madden NFL gamers to meet and play. More details will be released on July 25.

More on the new collision system

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/collision-madden

#65 wildthing202, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Bitter? not going to buy?
    Fact is, I'm stating truths and your waving pom poms.

This shows how much you actually don't know because If the game improves, I'll buy it.
    I have no problem, zero... in buying a good football game but the fact is madden hasn't been good in almost 6 years but your parading around as if it's this incredible must have when it's not even out yet.

I'll say this, I really hope it's a good game because I'm an NFL fan and it's the only option. If it isn't I'll just keep modding my 2k's rosters and play the best football game on any console.

The presentation videos look nice but again, they have been adding glitz for years and leaving out the substance...

#66 Royal Tee, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

i hate madden! it cheats! also, madden fan boys are sloppy fatz

8. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Get rid of that damn chant before every kickoff.

9. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

The 1st round rookie ratings should be released soon.

I'm guessing that Wilkerson will get a rating somewhere in the mid-70s (with A potential in franchise mode).

10. wildthing202

11. franzman9

franzman9 Member

Way for madden to show Bart Scott getting layed out by Jake Long in the opening of the game highlights.....Ive never seen anyone lay out bart.

12. wildthing202

13. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

Personally, I always loved franchise mode so I am happy to see there are finally changes to it. I always enjoyed the offseason tasks just as much if not more than the regular season, so if these features live up to the expectations, my gpa might take a large hit next semester.

14. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I think it's pretty much a fact that the whole Madden crew hate the Jets.

15. jgangstahippie7:18

Really like the improvements in Franchise. Trying to make the preseason somewhat worthwhile.
    I really hope they include deeper draft classes. Whenever I import a draft class from NCAA there are a limited # of players. You can never get a QB or other key positions in the late rounds.

16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

This is a serious question, since Madden owns the rights to produce the only NFL game and those rights fir players were granted through the NFLPA can they legally use the player names and their likeness if there is a lockout when this is supposed to be released?

Sorry for the run-on sentence.

17. Coach K

Coach K New Member

that was a problem with me.

I'm a FSU fan and I ended EJ Manuels career rated like 96 overall in NCAA. he won the heisman his junior year and runner up his senior year.

he ended up a overall 64 and I was able to draft him in the 5th rd.

from what ive read this will be adressed.

i still play madden actually, but reading these overhauls was good. seems theyre finally addressing alot.

18. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

They seriously need to work on Franchise Mode.

For one, it gets too damn easy to make your team good in the game. Other than playing with the Jets, I usually pick a team that is bad (what's the fun in playing with a team that doesn't need much improvement?). At least Madden has gotten wise enough to have the good players not want to sign with bad teams unless you unload money on them.The AI of other teams needs to be more agressive in the FA. Make teams like Oakland and Washington very big in the free agency.

Then there's the draft. I LIKE the potential ratings of the players, but why the hell should someone know exactly what a players potential is before he is even drafted? To me this makes things way too easy to succeed in Franchise mode. Its really hard to draft a bust in the draft. Then there are players who have off the field issues too, which makes drafting much harder in real life. Put it this way, if the draft was simulated by Madden, Vernon Gholston would've been a stud.

Lastly, whatever happened to holdouts like they used to do in Madden 5 years ago? It would make the game more challenging to have to deal with divas and bad characters, instead of just going through the laundry list of activities from season to season.

19. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Did you even read the article? The first two things you mentioned are specifically addressed.

20. 624

624 Banned

It's true. At first I figured it was just us being biased towards the Jets and wanting more attention towards them....but all bias aside, that Donny Moore prick definitely hates the Jets.