Walter Football's grade of our draft

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MexJetinBcn, May 1, 2011.

1. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

Guys I see worth a shot...with little upside, but maybe capable of matching Taylor's production.

Manny Lawson- Has always generated a lot of pressure despite not having big sack numbers. Advanced stats love him, and he's good in coverage.
    Antwan Barnes- Former Raven, very fast, good on special teams
    Matt Roth- Probably out of his mind. Really fell off at the end of last year. Not really worth it
    Jyles Tucker- He'll probably be cut by San Diego. He had a couple of huge, eye opening games for them a few years back, and he's from NJ.

Really not much else. I don't believe they'll be able to snag Woodley.

-X-

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

With a improved and always fresh line we don't need killers at OLB, just someone with speed.

Our line will be busting heads and creating holes

3. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Antwan Barnes makes sense. He played under Rex in Baltimore.

[YOUTUBE]K68hHNEnqPI[/YOUTUBE]

4. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

Calvin Pace becomes a better passrusher as a result of the two studs we drafted upfront. He will no longer have to wrestle with big Olem and will remain in the upright position with a clean uniform. I see 10 sacks as a minimum.

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its interesting to see everyone crowning the 2 draftees already. how about we see them at least practice at the pro level before we go talking about how they will do this and that.

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I agree. Let's not anoint them the new Woodhead yet.

7. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Have you seen the ridiculous nfl.com draft review? The patriots get an A+ I swear the mainstream media is so stuck on this whole "bill is a genius at the draft (he once got tom brady for a 6th round pick you know)" mantra that its almost like they say:

"OK lets give the patriots top scores, OK done that, right now lets see who they actually drafted"

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Much like the rest of their media counterparts.

5$ a gallon gas! What a green genius.

9. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I still say the Patsies picking 2 RBs high in the draft speaks volumes about Woodhead--Even they think he overachieved in 2010.

10. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Agreed, but he and BJGE was a good combo. Sure, I understand bringing in another back who is more well-rounded and more talented, but bringing in two guys in the 2nd round, with none really looking like major difference-makers? I don't get it.

11. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

The way I look at the Pats drafting those RB's is this:

BJGE and Woodhead combined for 1,555 yards rushing, 18 td's, 4.8 ypc and 46 catches for 464 yards. That's over 2,000 yards of total production. Even if these two rookie backs are more talented, it's not like they're going to surpass the production that Woodhead and BJGE gave them.

Would Woodhead and BJGE repeat that performance? Maybe not.. but it's hard to imagine two rookie backs stepping in and having the production at the RB spot there actually be better than in 2010.

12. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Wow the pats drafted another TE? lol, wtf.

I don't see why people don't like the RB pick. Tomlinson is old, Greene might not be a #1 back with his history of getting injured. Who knows what McKnight is. Yeah, carrying 4 RB's is a lot, but there is a lot of uncertainty at the position, especially longterm when/if LDT is gone.

13. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I think people like it fine when they stop to think about it - its that knee-jerk "wtf a RB?" reaction that causes people to knock it.

On a side note - the nfl.com drafts continue to amuse - they gave the steelers who had a very solid draft with some real value picks a "C-" grade.

14. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I don't either. And for whatever it is worth I like the jets taking a RB in round 4--McKnight isn't much, Greene is injury-prone, and LT is getting up there.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I agree with the Pats' strategy of beefing up the RB position. Despite Woodhead's production, he is one solid hit away from IR for the year, and maybe worse than that.

It's simple physics, and the law of averages. It's like the argument about small sporty cars being more maneuverable and less likely to get into accidents than large cars. Even if true, if and when you get in an accident, what happens to the small car compared to the larger one?

The smaller car would be Woodhead.

16. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

You would also have to weigh in the round the player was drafted in. An F in the first round should count more than an F in round 6.

17. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

It's the same scenario for any RB, which is why the Jets drafted one as well.

This is just assenine man. The killer injury in football is ligament damage. Doesn't matter if you're big or small, or if the guy hit you was big or small, or if no one hit you at all. If the knee/ankle/shoulder goes the wrong way and tears, you are f'd.
    I don't think the Pats look at Woodhead as an injury risk because he is short. lol c'mon dude.

18. Zcore

Zcore New Member

I think we did an amazing job getting the right players we needed....I could careless about the Pats