Kenrick Ellis character concerns... RED FLAGS?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JoeyJets, Apr 29, 2011.

1. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

Let me guess, if the Dolphins or Pats drafted this guy there would be a 30 page thread about what aholes they are and thank God we aren't that stupid. Ridiculous. Hopefully this guy works out but lets not bury our heads in the sand and look like idiot homers.

2. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

What kind of crap is this? If the Patriots drafted him "everyone" would be praising fuckin' Belichick for taking a chance on a kid and that the "Patriot way" woulds set him straight.
    No, we seem to be one of the only teams in the league where a kid gets drafted and introduced to the fan base as a "druggie."
    Kid acted in self-defense and failed a test for pot 4 years ago. I'm still so worked up about this. Some of you sanctimonious people act like kids in college don't mess up occassionally. "Squeaky clean" Len Bias ODed the day after he was drafted. Warren Sapp failed drug tests. I could go on and on, but anyone with half a brain should know kids mess up sometimes. I spent years of my life on drugs when I was in my teens, made some real stupid decisions in the process...should I have that held over my head the rest of my life?

3. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

4. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

Not saying it should be held against him or he doesnt deserve another chance. What I am saying is that it is laughable how fans of a team immediately believe a guy is innocent and will no longer be a problem just because signed with their team. You cannot convince me most people would be so positive if he was drafted by another team.

5. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I understand where you're coming from, but, lol, I wanted Warren Sapp back when he was up to be drafted. It's the tweet from Cimini that has me so fired up. From every story I've read about this altercation (and yes, I've wasted a lot of time on this, lol), he was acting in self-defense, he protecting a female and a guy was coming at him with a baseball bat. I'm not going to act like I was there, but it just seems like typical Cimini trying to ruin what should be the best night of the kid's life, and then bringing it up to a room full of media types who knew next to nothing of the situation until ass-hat was only too happy to fill everyone in.

6. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

Cimini is a doucher. That is something we all agree on.

7. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

hahahaha....this is kind of unrelated, but I've seen it pop up a couple of times the last two days, but if one more person mentions the Michael Vick situation I'm gonna puke. If he didn't have a borderline MVP season, no one would care, and he'd still be a punchline. If fuckin' Tiger Woods was winning PGA events, everyone would be fawning about "how changed he is" and "how he overcame all the adversary." Please....

8. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Something all Jets fans can agree on for 20 years now. lol.

9. ........

........ Trolls

Bury our heads in the sand? Over weed and the trumped up assault charges? He's a fucking kid. I smoked until my daughter was born, and sporadically since, and had someone try to press charges for assault when I was 19 and smashed him in the face with his own helmet when he tried to come after me over his ex-girlfriend. I turned out perfectly fine.

10. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

This is a good pick for us. It's a risky pick, but if you read the articles Kendrick has said he looks up to Hixon on our D line from his freshman year, so he has a guy to look up to early and I'm sure Sean Ellis will give the guy enough of a good role model.

Our only real risk is the pending trial, which if it had any real risk JETS legal & scouting would have noted it.

Clog up the middle big boy!

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Not reading all the posts in this thread but you're a blind homer of you don't think there's a rather substantial amount of risk with this pick. I still think its a good pick cus the kid is talented and this is the 3rd round where most players bust but there is risk that the couple hundred grand he gets from his contract lands him in trouble

12. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

people talk about his case like he is already sentenced, somebody came at him with a baseball bat, I would have broken his jaw too!

13. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

This guy will have the best defense team the courts have ever seen in those courts.

Guy will be fine.

14. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Some one should break Crimini's jaw... and his finger too.

15. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Seriously.. how many people smoked weed when they were 18, 19 years old and in their first year of college? Ellis just happened to get caught doing so.. he's not the only NFL player who smoked, believe me.

And then he broke someone's jaw when he was approached by a guy with a bat, and there was a girl involved in some way. His coach hinted it had something to do with defending a girl and that anybody in his position would have done the same.

I can't believe how little credit people are giving to Tanny and our front office. If they thought he was going to jail, do you really think they'd take him?? Could he get in trouble in the future? Sure.. but in the 3rd round it's a risk worth taking. He's clearly not a saint, but he deserves a chance.

16. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

We're not talking Brandon Marshall... he didn't beat up a women he was protecting a woman and a guy came at him with a bat. Obviously there is a risk that he could get in trouble but my guess is the truth will come out and he will be cleared. I just have to think that Tanny and Rex knew what they were getting into with this guy or they wouldn't have spent a 3rd round pick on him. They must feel that the locker room will be able to keep him in line.

And why am I seeing so much praise by the media for the Pats picking Mallett? Certainly some character concerns with that guy and drug questions as well. Granted no pending assault but I have a hard time believing that self defense will translate into time in prison.

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Marcus Dixon was a big factor in this selection. Ellis called him a "big brother".

Dixon's been through a hell of a lot - if you guys don't know his story, look it up.

This team has a great coaching staff and some excellent locker room leaders - Kenrick Ellis landed in a good spot.

18. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I actually didn't know about the whole baseball bat thing. But still, there has to be more shit than him beating somebody up in self defense and smoking pot in college that had him fall this far.

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

1. Assault charges

2. Positive drug tests

3. Weak competition while playing for Hampton

(Three strikes = Third Round)

20. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

He needs to step up his game for sure.

Multiple crack busts + Steroids + Banging an underage hooker = Hall of Fame LB Lawrence Taylor.

Kill 2 people = Hall of fame RB OJ Simpson.