Way to draft QBs MIAMI!!!

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GreenMachine, Apr 15, 2011.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Rlax with the attacks.

Sent from ... FU KOZ

2. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Maybe you should focus more on how your team is ever going to make the playoffs and less on where we play our playoff games.

3. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

I am fairly certain that anything I focus on has nothing to do with how my team plays.

I was making an (accurate) observation. No need to get all uptight

4. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

So that's how people become Dolphins fans...

5. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

And now we are completely off topic

Not surprised given how the argument was going

6. WhiteShoeWillis

Your "accurate" observation was bullshit. You said that if we had a better QB we'd be talking about superbowls the last 2 years rather than AFC Championship games. Correctly, people pointed out that Sanchez has played very well in the playoffs including the AFCCG's. You then (not surprisingly) tried to make your argument that if he played better in the regular season they would have won the division in '09 or '10.

While he certainly could have played better in the regular season both years, there is no guarantee that him playing "decent" would have won the division either year. The Patriots were 14-2 this year for Christs sake. Playing "decent" is also a very subjective description, and I would argue that he was more than decent during the regular season this year leading us to something like 5 4th quarter game winning drives.

Even if you were to assume that Sanchez playing better in the regular season would have guaranteed us a home game, how can you guarantee that our defense doesn't suck a giant horse cock in the AFCCG either year?

Your argument is weak and twisted because you were called out on your original statement which was ignorant at best.

7. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

Well obviously the difference is that you feel the Pats were better than the Jets each of the past 2 years and I think the Jets were better. The QB was what was holding the Jets back from winning the division both years. This led to a tough playoff road.

I can't guarantee that the D wouldn't have sucked a giant horse cock in the AFCCG because that is a hypothetical. What we do know is that they sucked a giant horse cock the past 2 years in the 3rd of 3 away playoff games.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

Are you forgetting how completely dominant the Patriots were in the second half of the '10 season? Peyton Manning tends to make defenses look like they suck a giant horse cock. Being worn down may have been a factor this year, but I don't think that was why Manning lit us up.

9. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

Manning typically doesn't play that well in the playoffs so it was a little surprising to see him go off like that

10. WhiteShoeWillis

Yes, I too was shocked to see Peyton Manning lighting up Dwight Lowery and Drew Coleman.

11. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

^ you forgot to add the #6 corner Marcus Coleman.

I also was shocked Peyton Manning lit up our secondary when our #2, and #3 corners couldnt play.

12. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Drew Coleman and Marquice Cole combined into a single entity?

13. ........

........ Trolls

No, Marcus Coleman just came out of retirement and returned to the Jets.

14. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

This thread has gotten way off the mark because of the Steeler's trollboi specious argument.

Lets get this back on topic:

The Fins blow and their recent QB draft picks suck massive horse cock...... carry on.

15. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I think massive horse cock has been referenced at least six times on this page.

16. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

Wonder why:breakdance:

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

this is ri-goddamn-diculous. Do dolfags fans ever stop??? All last offseason the lame sh#t talking wouldnt stop, and it was about how Henne was better than Sanchez?? We all knew that was pathetic and it showed this season. Now this clown is on here making the same pathetic argument?? Talk to me when you're quarterback wins more than 7/8 games or even gets to sniff the playoffs. Mark Sanchez won 11 games this regular season, many years thats enough to get a 1st round bye. Oh, and the team that finished ahead in the division- he went into their house, outplayed their ALL-World QB and beat their ass. Stop coming on here and making stupid freakin arguments.

I really don't understand Dolfag fans obsession with dumping on Sanchez. Even Buffalo and Pats fans for all their annoyance recognize that he's a good QB and gonna be tough for years to come. Then again I don't understand why anyone would pick a teal colored team named after the sissiest animal in the sea either. At least be the Miami Sharks come on!

18. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

When did I say that Henne was better than Sanchez in this thread?

Actually I never made that argument on any message board ever. The only thing I ever said before last season was that it was too early to tell.

The Jets won 11 games. Most NFL fans know that a good QB would have led them to more than that. Best D in the NFL, top 5 WR corp in the NFL, Top 5 running game. Any wins that he led the Jets to were due to him not performing well enough in the games to begin with.

Buffalo and Pats fans recognize no such thing. Most fans of every NFL team still consider Sanchez a joke. You are seeing what you want to see

19. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

How upset were you when the Steelers lost the Super Bowl? Did you cry into your terrible towel?

20. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

as a fins fan, I doubt he cared that pitt lost the SB.

however, Scoff has a point. Sanchez has shown very little consistency so far in his career. He has shown up in the big moments when we have to have a play, but this year he needs to step up in the smaller moments early in games, so he does not have to make incredible plays down the stretch to win games.

Sanchez has made an incredibly high number of bone-headed mistakes, which is what opposing fans focus on. Jets fans focus on the late game heroics, and the way he has stepped up in the postseason.

Time will tell, but since all young QB's are going to be inconsistent, showing the ability to step up in the clutch are signs that the great ones show early on...