17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. porkman

porkman New Member

your'e very negative sec 314

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Of course he is. He's a true Jets fan.

Regarding replacements: Watching replacement players is like watching 400-lb. Kirstie Allie prance around the stage on Dancing With The Stars. Come on... that doesn't work and everybody knows it!

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Thanks for having my back 227. These newbies like porkman got a lot to learn

4. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

If the players did go on strike, I say bring on female players to replace them. I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets cheerleaders running around the field catching footballs. I can't say my wife would be happy with it but I for one would. I rather see that then Tony the Best Buy sales person playing QB.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Hey, don't knock Tony. When he's not working security at the door I've seen him throw crumpled up Canon copier paper into a waste basket from 20 yards out and I'll tell you, he has a hell of an arm.

6. colleen74

colleen74 Member

Sign this beast!!!!!!!

7. Section 227. Row 5

They haven't lost enough. They've got a lot of losing to do before they know what we're talking about.

But more important than losing, they've got to live through the weird stuff... the achilles tendons and the fake spikes, guys out for the season just for warming up. Ridiculous clock management, field goals that can go either way and of course, go the wrong way every time, draft picks like 1983 with Dan Marino waiting in the wings.

This is all part of becoming a Jets fan. I really get off when I see guys let Rex Ryan make them think that we're going to the SB just because he says we are on some ridiculous TV "reality show." It's fucking hilarious. None of them realize how hard it is to get we're we've been the last several years and how small a window it is.

This is also why PSLs got sold. Optimism and Blue Sky off the charts. Wait until 3-13 and we'll see what those PSLs are really worth baby.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

In reality those days have been long gone, they ended when BP took over. Sure we have still had painful losses but so does every other team. We have one of the best franchises in the league right now. You guys lived through the 70s, I lived through the late 80s to the late 90s, we've seen our share of awful football but those days are long gone except for the occasional down year. that may happen this year? who knows but I feel more confident about this franchise than at any point in my 30 years of watching the team.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Well, I certainly hope you're right.

And I feel better about this team too, just like you. But I've always felt like that. All these years I've always said, "Well, there's next year. It'll be different." And that's part of being a Jets fan too... always trying to be optimistic. It's a new season... maybe we'll do it this time.

So yeah, being a Jets fan means you've hung with this freaking franchize all the way... through all of it... and look at me now... still posting on the Jets board and buying season tickets again, right?

So that's what I'm saying and I think what 314 is saying... it's not all gravy and the old timers know that all too well. I think what he means is some of the younger guys only see the gravy right now and don't ever think there's another side to it. Well, there damn-sure is.

10. nyjunc

Younger fans have definitely been spoiled, we don't have a SB but this has been the best stretch in the history of the franchise for the last 10-12 years or so.

11. Section 227. Row 5

This may have been the best 2-3 year stretch ever, second only to 1968-1969. I'm not trying to jinx it in any way, but how odd is it that we seem to be poised in position to have a good shot only to have this possibly become a season in which the games might be aborted or season shortened/ended? Good Lord.

I only know I'm on board again for one more year and I've got seats back that I can live with now, especially if they give me Yellow Parking. What happens after that is anybody's guess.

But I'm a Jets fan for life, which is why, when I look in the mirror, I sometimes wonder what the hell that other guy is thinking.

12. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Paying for that PSL when the Jets are 3-13 will hurt a bit but a true fan will stick with their team through both the good and bad. I guess Woody has to be thankful that he asked the fans to buy a PSL while the Jets were having a some what successful season. Hopefully Rex will lead this team to nothing but winning season's for the next 25+ years (fingers crossed) lol.

13. nyjunc

I went to every game during the 90s and we didn't have a winning season until 1997, only had 2 playoff years all decade and won 10 games total from 1994-1996. if that happens again I don't know if I can continue going to all the games, I'll still watch on TV but I don't think I'd be able to endure going to the Stadium every week watching a awful football team for years like I did throughout most of the 90s.

14. Section 227. Row 5

It certainly takes it's toll. But I was a huge drinker in those days and the self-medication took some of the sting out of it.

Nowadays, I'll be going with my grown kids and hopefully the grandkids soon, so I don't beat myself up anymore by wasting myself in the parking lot and driving home half in the bag. That's not tolerated anymore but more import, I can't take it any more! Like Willie Nelson once said, I got sick and tired of waking up sick and tired!

But that's the beauty of not knowing what is coming. Garth Brooks' lyrics are oh so true, especially for Jets fans the last 4 decades:

"And I... I'm glad I didn't know...
    The way it all would end... the way it all would go...
    Our lives... they're better left to chance... I could have missed the pain
    But I'd of had to miss... iss... iss... the dance!"

If we could know how it would go, we would never go to the games. So we're better off not knowing and just going and hoping this is realy the year.

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

U do realize if we go the next 10 years without a SB (quite possible as U point out) RR would have 12 years in & starting on his 13th season as the HC. Being in NY yada, yada, yada & not having won anything in the previous 12 years usually gets you a bench warming seat Bill Cowher not withstanding. :jets:

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

227, you have a way with words man, I tell ya. I could not have said it better. These kids don't realize how hard it is to do what we have done the last 2 years. I have never ever felt for one moment, in all the AFC Championship games we have played, not matter what the score, that we were going to the Super Bowl. 10-0, Broncos, felt like we were losing 13-3. Colt game, lead at half, just wating for Manning to scorch us. Steeler game, over after the first drive. There is something wrong with this team, we are truly cursed. Rex can change the culture, attitude and everything but in the end, he has found ways to lose 2 Championship games in a row. And after the latest loss which was our best chance yet, I am gonna say it. I will never see the Jets play in the Super Bowl. I have given up that dream. We are the Cubs of the NFL with a little more in season success. And this is my last run as a STH, no more Kotite years for me, I am going home if we sink that low again. And Porkman is my tailgate buddy for 20 years, he knows Jet pain, he's just having fun with me.

#11736 sec314, Mar 26, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  17. Section 227. Row 5

Go kill yourself. We're all doomed anyway.

18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Wow U R way behind my oldest son who is just about to reach his 40th b/day & has been telling me that since his 20's that we will NEVER win a SB in his lifetime :jets:

19. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I'm not paying to see either because I don't have to. I can walk away.

I pay to see the NYJ, not the Parsippany Powder Puffs.

20. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I am so sick of that statement.

So according to you a true Jets fan is a miserable, complaining about everything Jets related old dude?

Yeah that sounds like a true fan to me. Some people deal with adversity well and some don't. I can only imagine how you SOJ fans act in a real life situation where things don't go your way.