Killzone 3

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Jtuds, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Agree, I had 1 XBOX it RROD after 2 years, then RROD a year later.
    MS replaced it both times, free shipping and took care of it both times.

OTOH, anyone who has had a PS3 go bad has cried about all the nightmares and lack of support for getting it fixed.

IMO, While the inital 360 had hardware Issues MS took care of their customers. I since have moved my Original XBOX upstairs and have a Slim that I absolutely love.

ftr, I have not had 1 issue w/my PS3 other than the constant DLNA errors because I have too much music and it can't fukin understand that...lol.
    It's been an issue since launch and they refuse to get it straight.

2. Tight

Tight Active Member

2 mins my ass ( no homo)

3. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

If you build the firmware yourself it takes longer, but if you download a pre-patched firmware pup which isn't hard to find it takes the amount of time it takes you to move it to a jump drive and place jump drive in your ps3.

4. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Killzone 3 and Dead Space 2 coming out within a month of each other.

Why drug test for my job why!?!?!?!? This is prime smoking time with these great titles... It's been a great start of 2011 for the PS3.

5. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Heads up to all y'all Americanos....open beta for KZ3 is available for download on the PSN starting tomorrow. Unfortunately the Canucks aren't allowed into the party....

6. Royal Tee

Beta is pretty phat.

I'll say this, if it runs this smooth this game will be EPIC.

7. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I was wrong, apparently it is available in Canada. It still has a bit of that heavy gun feel but not as much as last time and I guess I can't complain because it's pretty clear that aiming in Halo and CoD is not realistic at all.

The melee animations in Killzone are awesome. Can't wait to see the other maps.

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Anyone having trouble connecting to a region?

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

This beta is pretty fucking awesome. I've been playing it all morning.

10. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I have not been able to connect and get in a game since Friday. Lame. I can play against bots but can;t get online.

11. Royal Tee

Every once in a while I can't connect but it's been running most of the nime for me.

The game is pretty sweet but I just can't believe the amount of faggotry!

It's a fukin BETA and guys want to camp in their fukin spawn all game.
    The sad part is, they do this even when the game comes out!

$65 for a game so you can camp? Stat whores abound!

For me, It's about the win. IDGAF about K/D ratio.
    All I know is I will shoot fukers in the face all night! :breakdance:

12. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

If you're not playing Deathmatch then KDR really doesn't matter, but if it's a Deathmatch and you're going for the win, KDR is huge.

I haven't noticed any bad camping but people have different ideas of what camping is.

13. JackBower

Online gaming is awesome, but with the good comes the inevitable bad which in this case is campers.

Every game has them, and I think the most fun thing to do it to kill the campers while they try to get back to their spot. It's like outcamping the campers, but really not camping? I think you know what I mean.

No joke, I had a kid one time message me in COD black ops and asked me to stop killing him so he could get to his camping spot. I remember I killed him 17 times, I was dying of laughter just thinking how pissed that kid was probably getting. But fuck him, campers deserve to die.

14. JackBower

I think everyone understands camping... You go to a hard to find/tight area hide and kill people who happen to go by. It negates all skill necessary to play said game. If you can't have a good k/d ratio without camping, I feel sorry for you.

I can't sit in a spot for more than 30 seconds cus it's boring... and stupid it's an effing game play it!

Also, nobody gives a shit if you have a k/d ratio or .00001/1 or 100000/1, so your not impressing anyone but yourself. People care more about the fact that you are camping ruining the game.

#34 JackBower, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  15. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I have come across people who think that sniping is camping too. I agree with your definition, but some of the complaints I see about "campers" are ridiculous.

If you mad dash around the map and get shot in the back, that's not smart. There still needs to be strategy involved...but when a guy sits in a dark corner where there's no good reason to sit and shoots people in the back as they go by, yeah he's camping. Sitting under a set of stairs and emerging after somone goes up or down, then shooting them and going back under the stairs: camping. Using cover, working the perimeter of the map and preying on people who run around guns-blazing with no strategy: not camping.

#35 Jtuds, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  16. JackBower

There is a fine line between sniping, roaming, and camping absolutely. I used to be that guy who just ran into the middle when I first played FPS's online, and slowly learned that your last sentence is the way to go (knowing the maps is huge too). I went from about a .6 k/d to around a 1.7 pretty damn fast.

This one level is getting boring to me, getting anxious for this one to some out now that I have played Dead Space 2 to death for the past month.

17. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I'm not a camper when I play FPS games, but to be honest, it is a legitimate strategy. If they are not hacking, then anything else within the design of the game is fair.

18. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

It can be a legit strategy as far as getting results. I do hate it when guys sit in one place at the end of a hallway behind a desk or something, and usually if those guys tried to move around, they'd suck.

However, the one thign I have learned, regardless fo how frustrating it is, is that when I see a guy doign that, I stay away from the area. Why cater to him?

Peopel get mad and try to kill the camper, but most of these guys only get kills because people keep coming back.

The way I see it, if a guy really needs to play that way, let him sit there and hide and finish the game with 2 or 3 kills.

19. asu_oko

asu_oko New Member

The problem is that camping yields MANY kills cause of the very fact you just stated, people get pissed off with the camping and want to end the camper. Its' completely natural.

Getting back on topic, thank god Killzone 3 is bringing back the coop split-screen. That was one of the biggest disappointments of KZ2.

20. Ricky_Fan34

Ricky_Fan34 New Member

I never said it's not worth having, I simply said the PS3 is the better buy IMO. Having had both, I prefer PS3. Obviously both systems have pros and cons.