TheJetsBlog's take on denying DT/Callahan requests

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NDmick, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Dennis Thurman makes a mean brisket

2. ........

........ Trolls

I knew all I needed to about the Callahan situation in the week leading up to the Steelers game. LT was on Sirius NFL Radio. The success of the running game was discussed and LT said "Coach Callahan has called a great game all season long." No mention of Schotty whatsoever. Obviously, LT recognizes the importance of OL play and Callahan's influence, but the comments seemed to run deeper than that.

3. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Was thinking about this yesterday. If Callahan was running the offense the running game would be even better. Schotty may design some funky shit but Callahan lives and breathes the offensive line.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Personally, I find it really upsetting that Schotty can't call a running game. Even if Callahan is that good, I find it amazing Schotty can't run both if he's held in such high regard with this organization.

I wouldn't be shocked to see this as his last year with the Jets if the offense does not skyrocket into the top 10.

5. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

I think Rex just wants to limit the turnover on the coaching staff. Consistency is a huge part in building a winner. Please correct me if I am wrong but have the pats not won a SB since they broke up their coaching staff mangini, wies and crennel. I think it is a wise move to keep the gang together.

6. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

Thats the way I read it too...I can't see Rex being that much of a dictator. If those guys really wanted to check those jobs out, Im sure they could have.

7. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

If true, the second Schotty losses the Jets a game (and that should be sometime in September), he better get fired within the hour the game ends.

As for Thurman, I have no clue why they denied him a chance to interview with Oakland. Makes little sense unless Rex loves the guy.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Its not Mangini, its Weis and Crennel. And its the fact that the Pats haven't had the dominant defense and the clutch kicker too.

Only 2 regimes have won 4 SBs - Walsh and Knoll. I don't see Brady and BB in that company.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

That's not how it works. You lose your job because the offense is why the Jets aren't competing for the division and players start to stop responding to Schotty.

It makes little sense that Rex hates Oakland for how they treated his brother and there is so much coaching turnover in Oakland Thurman himself didn't want to go there?

10. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

I know how it works, but the way it works doesn't apply to Schotty. For whatever reason he seems to be this teams Isiah Thomas, a guy that someone really high up likes and refuses to get rid of despite obvious incompetence and hatred from most fans.

As for Oakland, I forgot that Rex worked for the Raiders. So, that makes a lot more sense now.

11. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

You guys forget that Rex hired Schotty in his first year here. I don't believe at all that he was forced upon Rex when he got here. Not Rex's style.

Now if Rex wanted Schotty gone, he'd be history. There were several instances he could have pointed at as grounds.

I think Schotty gets way too much shit thrown his way for the offensive shortcomings. I know I'm in the minority by stating that.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

You called for his head the first game he solely loses in 2011. That's not how it works.

And he's not Isiah Thomas. He controls the passing game.

And I know you meant Rob Ryan.