Two weeks later - What the hell happened that first half?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by srqman1, Feb 6, 2011.

1. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

The offense was as unprepared as the defense. We see NE take Pitt's defense apart. We watch Rodgers throw it all over the field against them. Now you can say the Jets were not built to spread the Steelers out, but GB did it without Driver once he got hurt. No, we sucked ond efense in the first half, but we sucked on offense too, and wasted time trying to dent this defense with runs. The runs work after the pass softens them up. Just a bad job ny our coaching staff.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

actually I remain mystified by the poor tackling. WTF?

Tired... not pysched up enough... Hungover from beating NE...

I still don't get it.

3. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

No, I dont expect a shutout every game. But I do expect the defense to keep the team in the game. A great defense should do that.

Big plays happen. But to suck because of missed tackles and blown coverages is just not acceptable. And, again, it was not a one half thing. If you go back and re-watch the games, that happened a lot this year. Schotty was 85% of the problem this year, but the defense is not without blame.

4. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I never thought we were out of that game at 17-0. We just needed to get into the locker room, catch our breath and regroup. I thought our offense was very capeable of putting up more than 20 points on Pittsburgh ... especially if we scored on our opening drive of the 2nd half.

The coaching staff totally panicked. No way in the effin' world do you drop back and pass in that situation. Where was their judgement? You absolutely can't afford to go down 24-0 in an NFL game and that's exactly where they put us. Worst coaching decision of the season.

5. Multi - Personality

Multi - Personality New Member

It was the poor tackling that got me pissed.

6. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

poor tackling and trying to run a tired LT against the 2nd best run d of all time

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

If you sit down and watch other teams' defenses youd probably get a dose of reality. No body ever called our defense 'great'.

Schott had a good season as OC. What exactly do you suggest they do? Blow everything up and start over? We had two top 10 units for the first time in years this year.