We need the #1 or #2 Seed next year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets4life1190, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Jets4life1190

Jets4life1190 Banned

Look I know our team is tough and formidable on the Road but it's the hard way to win 3 games before you go onto the SuperBowl

Would be nice if we can win the #1 or #2 Seed next year and have a bye in the 1st round and play some playoff games at Home

Just Sayin:)

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'll be happy with another playoff berth....

Green Bay is a 6th seed....and they made it. We were 5 points away from doing it too.

The seedings mean nothing.

3. Jets4life1190

Jets4life1190 Banned

I know but would it not be easier to get the #1/#2 Seed and only need 2 games to make it to the SB and the games are being at home (I know we are usually a better team on the road) and have the crowd behind you in the playoffs?

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

ask the Patriots how it easy it was.....or the Falcons.

5. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

given how ass backward our team looks at home id be careful what you wish for

6. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

I agree, but I think the general consensus was the jets came out flat, drained of emotion. If the game is played at the meadowlands, with 80,000 desperated raving lunatics urging them on, I think they come out juiced up ready to kill. True "a berth to the superbowl is enough to get u fired up" but it couldnt hurt to have us willing them on

I also think that if we do get this far in the again in the near future it would be very easy on the road to get behind and fall into a here we go again mode.

7. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

I was going to start a thread.....but it seems to fit here and supports that we've got to get some home playoff games. Since the 1987 season, the Jets have played 16 playoff games: 2 at home, 14 on the road. That is a staggering number. We are 2-0 in those home games and 5-9 in the road games. If you take out the last 2 seasons, we are just 1-7 on the road since 1987. The message is not that it is impossible to get to the Super Bowl as a WC....just that it is so much harder to do it on the road. Forget the "just get into the tournament" BS. Get a bye and get a home game.....THEN play lights out.

8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Sanchez would have to take a major step in his development and Schitty would have to suddenly know how to call games for that to happen.

9. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Ok, let's convince Buffalo and Miami to beat NE too.

10. DanR

DanR Active Member

Do you think the Jets will play well with that week off? i wonder if the Jets play well when they get bye weeks.

11. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

This season didn't fare well for the Jets after an extended rest period.

12. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

as far as the we don't play well with extended rest thing, that was true this season...but that doesn't mean it'll carry over to next season.

i think we end up changing the approach next year as far as preparation. hopefully it'll solve whatever issue it is.

13. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I'd kill a homeless person for a home playoff game.

14. jets fool

jets fool New Member

No we dont, we just need to capitalize if we make it that far again. We've made it to the championship game two straight years without a bye. Our seeding had nothing to do with the fact that our whole team shit the bed(and I mean offense, defense, special teams aand coaching) the whole first half.

15. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

For some reason we play better on the road so I'll stick with that. Until they figure a way to fix it then I'll think otherwise. Besides, I've always looked at the playoffs as any team has a chance of winning so long as they want it more and put the most work no matter where its played.

16. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Jets will probably need 12-14 wins to take their division.

Nobody beats the Pats except the Jets. All Pats losses this season were to Rex & his evil twin brother. Everyone else, including: Ravens, Steelers, Packers, Bears failed to beat Pats. Jets have very small margin for error if they want to win AFC East.

17. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

Correct....we have correctly been criticized about not putting a full game together..1/2 the team shows up or we play 30 minutes, whatever. That will work against lesser teams but not in the playoffs regardless of where they are played. Thats really the only thing that drives me nuts because a few of the games they did focus on, it was clear we had a team that could win it all this year. Home games will not make us more consistent, if anything these road games make us a stronger team. Being more consistent though, gives us a much better chance of home games and a SB win.