The Official Haloti Ngata as a Jet Fan Club

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by discostu570, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

So if I join the fan club do I get a t-shirt or a jacket or something?

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Even with 20 of our own players FAs, an uncertain CBA and potential lock out looming, we still find "Sign _____" threads before the tournament is even over.

3. Jetcentric28

Jetcentric28 New Member

After watching the Steelers run at will against us, I think we need Ngata more than we need a pass rusher.

4. EdBell

EdBell New Member

Sign Ngata?

Where do I sign?

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The Jets didn't tackle well or maintain gap discipline. They stopped the run all year.

Its about getting to the QB, because 3rd and long went from their best down to their worst in one season.

6. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

This. I guarantee if we played on offense like we did yesterday, and played D like we did in the first game vs them, we go to the big dance, not them.

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Given his age Seymore should come cheaper than Ngata. I wouldn't mind taking a shot at him if the Raiders don't lock him up.

8. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

A+. Now that is a Vet to look at, if available.

9. theyankees-jetsfan23

If we get Ngata I'd feel comfortable letting Cromartie, Edwards, and 1 or two first rounders go. He is that kind of player. He doesent play NT, but he can play what ever position on the line he wants.

10. Boba Jett

Boba Jett Member

While we are at it why not get Wilfork to play DE. Then we can have Nagata, Healthy Jenkins, Wilfork. Offensive lines would forfeit instead of facing that.

11. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

He pretty much does. I mean, to the same extent that Jenkins does in this defense. They're basically the same player, the big man in the middle. He's 6'4", 350 lbs. He plays over the nose plenty in Baltimore, and if he were here and Jenkins were injured or cut or whatever, that's probably where he'd usually play.

And this wasn't really a 'sign free agent x' type thread, although I'd be thrilled to see Ngata as a Jet. I started the thread because it seems like such an obvious move that I wonder if the front office has been planning around it. It seems no different from how everybody knew Bart Scott was coming here that first offseason. If free agency starts in march, maybe Ryan and Harbaugh can race to Ngata's doorbell after midnight.

And I don't want to overstate the Rex effect, obviously the Jets would have to free up the coin to make a pretty big offer. But look at it this way. Ryan has been with the Jets for two years, and look at the effect he's had on these players. Ngata was with him for three in Baltimore. And he's exactly the kind of player this defense needs to add right now. It feels like it makes way too much sense not to happen.

12. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Champ Bailey is out in Denver, maybe he can play opposite Revis.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Kelly Gregg is Baltimore's NT. Ngata plays all over the line, Jenkins was known for staying in the middle of the defense.

14. ........

........ Trolls

Seymour is all but sewn up for the silver and black. No one is going to outbid Al now that Seymour has said he'd be willing to sign.

15. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Somethings wrong here.

16. GreenMatt14

GreenMatt14 Member

I also like the way Arian Foster ran this year maybe we can trade a 4th rounder for him

17. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Ravens aren't going to let Ngata go. Teams all over the NFL will be fighting to sign Ngata is he's available.

18. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

right :rolleyes:

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah, until Jenkins hurts his knee again in the 2nd quarter of our week 1 game. The presence of Kris Jenkins should not weigh that heavily on Rex's decision to change schemes, which he should not.

20. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I don't get posts like this. The OP addressed that it would take 2 first round picks and losing some of our FAs to get him.