Santonio pissed at schotty

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Jan 24, 2011.

1. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

PITTSBURGH — Santonio Holmes was not on the field for the Jets’ first snap of Sunday’s AFC Championship Game, and he was not happy about it.
    “Ask Coach Schottenheimer what was the reason behind that,” he said, referring to offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer.
    Holmes said he watched from the sidelines “the first couple plays” of the Jets’ 24-19 loss to the Steelers. Asked if that was frustrating, he became annoyed.

Jets coach Rex Ryan discusses the team's loss in the AFC Championship
    Jets coach Rex Ryan says "I'm proud of our football team" during a press conference after his team's loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers during the AFC Championship. (Video by John O'Boyle)
    Watch video
    “I just had to go with the game plan,” said Holmes, who had two catches for 61 yards, including a 45-yard touchdown. “That’s the way things were called at the time, and that’s what I had to do.”
    Asked if he knew he would be sidelined early, Holmes added: “Ask Coach Schottenheimer what happened; he’ll explain everything to you. I don’t have the answer to that.”
    Holmes indicated that he thought the Jets strayed from their offensive game plan.
    “We’ve got to put together the plays that we’ve been running against these guys, what’s been working for us,” he said. “We kind of got away from our game plan in the game, and it forced us to go do what we have to do to survive.”
    Holmes did not want to talk about his impending free agency. Nor did he want to speak about the emotions of his former team, the Steelers, advancing to the Super Bowl instead of the Jets.
    “I lost the game to go to the Super Bowl,” Holmes said. “That’s all I feel right now. I don’t have any emotions about the Steelers, the only thing I have emotions about is losing.”

2. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I found it interesting when he was talking about not knowing anything about the Steelers defense and just following the offensive game plan. Do receivers and the like really not even prepare for the team they're facing and just rely on the offensive game plan?

3. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

He was sending you a subtle message there, but I think you missed it. Of course they study the defense. If anyone is well acquainted with their defense, it would be Holmes.

4. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

last year Braylon was pissed after the game this year it is Santonio -- WRs are a sensitive bunch

5. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Heheh... sore losers even perhaps.

6. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I think he was right, and was justified in bitching about it.

The CS sucked yesterday, and that includes Ryan. Deferring the coin toss is really getting me pissed off. Can we at least try to score once in a while in the first half? We got the ball first in NE last week, and that worked out pretty good.

Rex has to get off this ground and pound shit, at least against the #1 rush defense in the entire f'n league. Rex fails to attack opponent's weaknesses, and yesterday that was the PIT CB's, and they were too afraid to do it.

Rex loves to be agressive on D, but he is a pussy on offense.

7. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I have no opinion really on the deferment issue. When you have a stacked defense as we do, I kinda like letting them have the ball and then stuffing them for a 3 and out. It has as much mental advantage as putting your offense on the field and scoring first. If we had a shitty defense I might not feel the same.

As for ground and pound... its what we do! And when we did do it last night - IT WORKED! Unfortunately, when we should have been punching it in the end zone someone got cute with the play calls and tried to be smarter than the opposing team.

Rex does deserve some shit for last nights mess. In the end the whole team played their part.

8. Buffalo Jet

Buffalo Jet New Member

How many fake reverses did we try in the 1st half?

9. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Our defense isn't all that stacked. They got owned on the opening drive, and failed twice miserably late in the 4th quarter. It isn't as good as it was last year either. Our OLB suck. They failed to outside contain so often it was a joke. They aren't good in coverage, and they can't generate a pass rush. We don't have a playmaker in the entire front 7.

Ryan over rates his own defense, and under estimates what the offense can do in the passing game.

10. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

Our defense looked old, tired, and uninspired...... We need new young blood

11. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

I wish the players would take direct shots at Schotty and maybe force him to get fired that way.

I cant stand this incompetent asshole. Down 21 he is running up the middle. Wasting 8 fucking minutes to have 3 of the most retard plays from the 2 that I have ever seen. It was all so brutal. And, this shit goes on every game.

So, Tone is not an idiot. Aside from Rex, LT, and Sanchez, I doubt he has much support...

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Bingo... the ground game got going because Pittsburgh backed off knowing we had to throw the ball. You are 100% correct in your assessment of underestimating the offense. We've seen it all year. I understand you want to be a run 1st team but when you have a QB that looks like he can be a special one and weapons catching the ball you sometimes have to use them a little more.

It was the same approach in the Ravens game, the offense played timid and scared. I don't think deferring had that big of a deal. The bottom line is if Cromartie doesn't get called for a illegal contact penalty and we don't later give up 12 yards on 3rd and 12 it works out. Throw in that the handed the Steelers a 1st down when I thought it was pretty clear the WR was a yard short on a 3rd down immediately following the penalty it works.

13. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

im sick of schottys pussyness. get rid of this clown. too bad the devil 'josh mcdaniels' is gone.

when your best WR is benched the OC is doing some stupid fucking shit. I wonder if Rex was aware of this, or behind it(DOUBTFUL)

14. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Can you blame him? At halftime him and Edwards had 0 catches combined. I don't think they were even targeted. The game plan was complete and utter bullshit to start the game.. which is par for the course with Shittenheimer. I'm so sick of that guy.

15. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

Schottenheimer is a dullard. It was clear early in the game that Ike Taylor was an utter disaster, and that he was ripe to be picked on, and the Jets never got around to it. It was also clear that running the ball up the gut was not working, but all the Jets called as a remedy were slow developing end around or reverses.

I hope to God that the Jets finally get around to tossing him aside. Knowing we were on the road, and knowing that the defense wasn't up to par, he went with the most conservative offensive attack possible, and that's embarrassing. A lot of it is on Rex, who needs to become more of an executive when it comes to clock management and adjustments, but this guy has had years to do the job and still makes very silly mistakes.

-X-

16. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Rex's presser after the Pats said he'd be surprised if Schotty was around next year. Now he was talking about Schotty getting an HC job, but maybe Rex should let him go anyways. It's total horseshit game in, game out.

17. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I would be shocked if Schotty gets shit-canned. He sure as hell isn't getting another better offer anywhere else. Not head coach material at this point. I think the rest of the staff likes him. I personally have no idea how much of the problems are related to him vs. bad execution. I'm not defending the guy or bashing him because I'm not on the sideline.

I will say that the Jets did have a great season and they also would have to consider who is available that would be a better replacement before replacing him.

18. emcjetsjetsjets

emcjetsjetsjets New Member

Schotty screwed up big time. True, our defense was lack luster and didn't show up for the first half. But the offensive calls shi**y Schotty called weren't working either.

19. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I didn't hear that. There is actually no chance that Schottenheimer gets a head coaching job at this point - he hasn't been mentioned once for the past month, and yesterday's game won't improve his stock, that's for sure.

That might actually be some evidence that Ryan has had enough of him. We can only hope.

20. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

He actually said AFTER next year meaning that we'll have him next year and then after that he'll be a HC