"The most heartbreaking thing is knowing that this room is not going to be the same."

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by firemanedjr, Jan 24, 2011.

1. yem

yem New Member

Good point about the CBA. I can dream though.

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Another point is since we did so well again we'll have the same problems singing free agents. (Depending on the CBA)

We have the 29th pick and no second rounder because of Cromartie.
    We'll resign Cro, I just can't see our FO letting him go for a second rounder and basically what would be a 1 year rental.

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

ace you have every right to feel that way. But the "destiny" shit is clouding everyone right now.

It wasnt the Jets year because they Dug too deep a hole in the first half.

SOJ are gone. It's about continuing the recent tradition of winning.

Plus Scikotics is right. We need frigging DLine help and OLB help.

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I doubt the Ravens let Ngata walk. not happening.

5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I'm hoping Tanny can use that to our advantage. Maybe get Edwards and Holmes at smaller cap numbers with big signing bonuses

6. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

LOL our roster needs a good ol fashioned raping ....oh and i forgot Holmes he will be gone also

7. emcjetsjetsjets

emcjetsjetsjets New Member

This was just a flat ending to a helluva season guys and it was heartbreaking, but no more heartbreaking than it has been in the past. We needed an invigorated defense and instead they came out and looked like the Pats last week. We need to score when we were within one yard of the endzone, punch through that line and we didn't. We needed to pull some great hat tricks, new plays and not defer the first play of the game to a six-time Superbowl winning team and you know what? We would have been Dallas bound right now. What a season! What a down dirty, scrappy, take no crap from non-believers season we had. And what a sour, bad-tasting defeat this was. We are a better team than what showed up in the first half. We had this and we had Rapeburger's number. We blew it. The defense blew it. Now it is time to rebuild, recover and restart.

8. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Braylon and Holmes will both be back. Sanchez is about to take a leap next season and it would be foolish to not surround him with playmaker. Holmes IMO has a much better chance of sticking then Braylon.

They will revamp their D yet again. This time getting younger on the line and picking up a safety opposite Leonhard.

Jenks/Ellis will return for one last hurrah, Cro/JT/VG are probably out.

9. MadBacker Prime

Edwards is likely going to jail. Cimini doesn't think he'll be back and is almost certain.

I guess it depends on how is DWI charge comes out, and how the Judge in Cleveland handles him breaking probation.

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm on board with this....good post.

11. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

they need to fix their red zone offense and they need to generate more pressure. At some point they need to be able to scare a QB without rushing 8 guys

Edwards had a great year - caught everything, blocked well, and was money for Sanchez - plus the guy loves NY. I think he would take a lower offer from the Jets.

Holmes was hear for an audition and I see him going to the highest bidder....which could mean a team that can pay but not win.

#31 85inthehall, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  12. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

Jenkins??? nice guy but who would give him 1 gaurenteed dollar....that would be foolish..as he blows his knee out for the 3rd time

..also weaterford/richardson out....list keeps growing and growing

13. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I am not all that upset that the team will be changing. There are players we need to replace. I respect the hell out of Ellis for how he played in NE but where was he all season? He was a solid player but not a standout.

There are key guys who I hope they can bring back, but I will not be upset because a few guys depart. As a football fan, I think Jason Taylor should have a ring, but he was not a superstar for the Jets this year. Bryan Thomas is just a guy...and as important as he may be as an on-field play-caller, Jim Leonhard is not as good an athlete as many safeties in the NFL.

I appreciate these players, and how they came together and really put some great performances together this season, but if the opportunity to improve is there or out management is not offering someone what he thinks he is worth and he decides to depart, I'm not going to shed a tear. Every team in the league will have players who feel like Sione. It's too bad, but it is the nature of pro sports these days. In reality though, if what people say about Rex and the Jets is true...I think we'll be OK.

A coach who everyone likes and the opportunity to live in or near NYC...that's a draw if there ever was one.

14. MadBacker Prime

We should get his bro in here, he looked great yesterday.

15. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Alot of players changed from last season to this one as well, I am not that worried but certain guys I would really like to stay....like Brad Smith for example.

16. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

When Jason Taylor spoke yesterday that was emotional..guy plays a long time and was visibly upset...called it his toughest loss, most fun he had playing, loved the staff and the team...sounded like a guy that saw the pinnacle for the first time and just missed out...also seems like he will hang them up.

17. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Back to back games...

This was back to back the best and worst I've ever felt after Jets games. The highest of highs and the lowest of lows. Goddamnit. We were built to win now, and who knows who will be here next year. We obviously need a pass rusher. taylor was decent, but not what we needed. Maybe McKnight will be something decent next year and LT will phase out, who knows.

There's so much talk about players wanting to play for Rex, and it sounds great, but I won't believe it until I see them take less money to come here.

Goddamnit, Goddamnit, Goddamnit, Goddamnit.

18. Sanchez2KellerFTW

No one opens up a game with 24 unanswered points against....and wins.

19. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Pretty much.

20. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

Big Jenk is almost certainly gone, unless he wasn't full of shit when he said he'd come back to play for Rex for the veteran minimum. If he's serious, it's retarded not to keep him.

I wish we could keep Cro/Braylon/Holmes, but it's most likely going to be a 2-out-of-3 thing, unless the new CBA somehow trashes the salary cap (pipe dream), or the cap get's pushed significantly higher. Or maybe the NFL will go the way of the luxury tax.

We definitely need Dline and LB depth. I think we can get by without addressing safety though. Pool really came on the second half of the season, and Lowrey showed flashes of brilliance, and I'd be excited to see what an entire off-season dedicate to learning the position can produce.

We REALLY need to nail these draft picks this year and get some (relatively) cheap contributers/starters...