3rd and 6 keeps running through my mind

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by marcusthetruth, Jan 24, 2011.

1. marcusthetruth

marcusthetruth New Member

Can't believe they threw it. Its a helpless feeling---the whole offseason everyone will be thinking what if the Jets had the ball at the end.

If that pass is incomplete, Sanchez drives down the field, it's probably 25-24 with 0:00 left. What a heart breaking play that was. That is one of the gutsiest plays ever and it had to happen against the Jets. I am still pretty stunned at the call--that just destroyed the season really

2. REVIS ISLAND 619

REVIS ISLAND 619 New Member

Big Ben was money all day on 3rd downs...scrambles & Miller.

3. The Mak

The Mak New Member

:shit: Charger fans were probably saying the same thing last year when the Jets went for it on 4th down to seal the game.

4. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Ballsy calls. They beat us straight up. We couldn't stop them when we had to.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I told my gf before the game that Heath Miller was gonna play a big part if the Steelers won.

Now she gets to go to the SB with her team playing.
    Nice.....:sad:

6. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Pretty much this. I'd like to say I'm over this game, but then again I'm still awake at 4:27 am.

7. tatur

tatur New Member

If i close my eyes, i'm still trying to stop that pass.

Is a shame and we have to forget it as soon as possible

8. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Big Ben came though for them. I was so excited towards the end because I thought I would see Sanchez get the ball with a chance to win the game but Steelers got those first downs on their last drive. So heartbreaking to not even have a chance to attempt drive for the win.

9. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I think that play call shows how much the Steelers did not want to see Sanchez back on the field with a chance to win that game.

10. rscherwin

rscherwin Well-Known Member

well said. Best positive spin I've read. AND -- you're right. We have a QB - let's hope he gets better, as the pieces around him likely become less talented.

11. The Mak

The Mak New Member

We have fans of other teams coming to this board saying Sanchez played his BALLS OFF in the second half.

Mark played awesome in subzero weather. Mr. "California Cool" my ass.

Mark came back after getting the snot kicked out of him during the sackfumble. Steeler fans have to give him that given their own tough SOB QB. He could have packed it in during the 3rd quarter but he fucking unleashed the dragon and got his team back in the mix.

Mark made the awesome audible to the pick play after his retard OC kept feeding him TERRIBLE playcalls in the red zone.

MARK SANCHEZ IS MY QUARTERBACK.

12. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Kept thinking all we need is a decent kick return and fifty seconds and we can do it. It is still breaking my heart nine hours later.

If our defensive intensity in the first half matched our second half we win this game.

I try to remain positive, but, it's always the same result.

Sanchez has shown himself to be a great leader. He will take this team all the way to Superbowl victory in the next few years. Just right now it's cold comfort when we were on the doorstep of our dreams.

13. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

The one real issue that has plagued us most of the year....we have to play all 60 minutes on both sides of the ball. During the season against lesser opponents we could get away with it but not in the playoffs. Our future is bright.......

14. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Really the play that bothers me most is the 2nd down completion to Miller. That was so close to being knocked away and who knows what the Steelers do on 3rd down after an incomplete pass. My thought is they may have just wanted to have the Jets burn a timeout after stopping the clock on 2nd down.

That was the play of the game in my eyes. Once they picked up the first there our best case scenario was having to go 80 yds at a minimum with 1 min left and no timeouts. That is a next to impossible task against that D.

Man so disappointed but excited about our future at the same time. We have a Qb that is pretty damn good already and will only get better. Rex and Sanchez will gets us over the hump, sooner rather then later.

15. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Yup, that second down play was the killer. Pool missed that ball by an inch. and even in doing so, Miller could have easily had the ball deflect off him as he couldn't watch the ball into his hands. but nope if literally stuck in his armpit. I would bet if that throw is a half inch off its spot Pool knocks it away or miller can't haul it in. Plus it would have been 3rd and 7, and they would have run a dive play, caused us to burn our second TO, and say, best of luck to you trying to go 75 yards in under two minutes against the #1 D in the NFL with 1 TO.

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I don't know if it was more of ballsy call than a necessity call.

From the way the Steelers D was performing in the 2nd half, it didn't look like they could contain Mark. Tomlin decided to bite the bullet, knowing he still can kick FG to make it 8 point game - or that's what I thought.

17. LukasHenry

LukasHenry Banned

No, its called "play to win the game" not "play not to lose"...

18. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I don't know why this was a shock....there was NO RB IN THE BACKFIELD.....you don't run the ball without a running back. This fear of a QB draw is asinine.

Everybody watching the game with me was yelling "PASS".....yeah, it's POSSIBLE they could run it --but it's the low-probability play, either a QB draw or an end-around. 80-90% of the time there they pass it.

I don't know what Rex was thinking.

19. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

it's not like we didn't play the pass... its just they got a WR (brown) on a LB (harris). ben got out of the pocket after we lost contain and then he made a blind throw which was perfect, and brown made a great grab as he went to the ground.

20. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

the big play was the kickoff return...they failed to tackle a guy when the Steelers were lined up with their hands team. No blocking downfield and a kickoff that only got to the 20! They return it to the 40 something. That is what allowed them to attempt a pass on 3rd and 6 inside Jets territory. It was a low risk high reward situation. It falls incomplete the clock stops but you can easily pin the jets back and and force them to drive 90 yards with no timeouts. If the coverage had been solid and they were at their 30 do you think they throw there??