Schottenheimer and the refs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by firemanedjr, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

you are a moron jets hater...if you didn't see the non-calls then you are fucking blind and retarded.

2. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

The refs didn't cost us the game. Mendenhall BEAT US. Flat out. We had no response in the first half. Every facet of the JETS sucked in the first half. We played from behind and Schotty can't call a complete game for shit.

3. osully55

osully55 Member

just enough to keep you wanting more

4. KingLeonidas

KingLeonidas New Member

Biggest non call was James Harrison hitting Sanchez after he Slid!.

5. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Mendenhall & Roethlisberger were the difference
    Their O line did not out play us.
    We over pursued and left cut back lanes open

Tackling has been a problem in our losses (opening night & 45-3 for sure)

6. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

Unfrocking believable how idiot jets fans want to blame schotty for this. He had some bad play calls but called a pretty solid game. The defense, particularly Scott, Harris, pouha, and pace played horribly. When we were down by two plus scores, and the steelers were taking up 7 minutes a drive, the offense abandoned the running game, similar to the patriot game where we lost 45-3. Cotchery dropped a pass, brick had a false start, Sanchez and Edwards weren't on the same page, weather ford played like shit... These are mistakes that you can't make. Schotty deserves a little blame for some of his first down calls, but he called a pretty solid game.

7. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

No, you're a fucking whining excuse maker who looks for bullshit reasons why your team didn't win.

I hate the fucking Steelers as much as anyone, but I can think of 3 or 4 calls that went against them that were questionable also.

8. Daphins

Daphins New Member

I honestly think Big Ben doesn't get that call either. The league actually might promote it :)

The calls in the trenches went both ways. There was a lot of holding..on both sides. There were no major non-calls that I can remember.

-The fumble could have gone either way, but as a backwards pass it didn't matter IMO
    -The Miller catch on the 6 could have gone both ways..it went yours
    -The helmet to helmet on Greene I don't believe counts as he was a runner on the play. I believe that that only counts for receivers (or that's how I heard it explained when we had a similar play with Ronnie Brown getting speared in the face...ironically he caught a pass before he got speared)
    -The Sanchez non-call could have been a call, could not have. He was in the middle of a slide and he did pull up. Not enough to avoid all contact but I see guys flop on a QB all the time when they slide. That's not new.

They deffinetly let the teams play today..but as I said I think that's a two way street.

9. Cromartie's_kid

why don't you name them douchebag?

10. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

Yeah, especially that goal to go from the 2, down by two scores.

YOU DON'T FUCK AROUND THERE. That play calling was absolutely atrocious. After the first down, not a single play made sense.

I know we ended up with 2 points for the safety, but there's a HELL of a difference between 2 and 7

11. Cromartie's_kid

He elbowed sanchez in the face after he slid feet first, end of story.

12. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you! They should have just run the ball! Also, the Refs didn't call the hit on Sanchez when he was down on the ground.

13. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Stop blaming the fucking refs!!!!!!!!

Take the fucking loss like a fucking man.

I'm sick of the shit and the stupid ass threads getting floated around right now.
    We didn't deserve the win. Blame fucking Schotty and the 1st half defense. The officials?? Are you fucking serious. If I was a Steeler fan I'd be laughing at how pathetic this is. But, I'm a 34 year old Jets fan and I'll take my loss the way it should be....like a man.

14. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

The play on Harrison doesn't even matter. 1st and goal at the fucking 2 and you don't pound it in? Blame fucking Schotty, not the officials.

15. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

The dropped pass by Keller was totally schotty's fault. Not to mention the fact that our Oline couldn't get a push against one of the best run stopping defenses in the league. All schotty's fault

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

unfucking believable that was never called. Wow, it was such a non call

Ed Hoculi can go fuck himself

17. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

It was a terrrible pass because the play had to be rushed because Schotty didn't get it in.

When they're were 8 seconds left on the playclock, and Sanchez was running back to the huddle with the call, they should've called a timeout. Instead we get that debacle of a play.

18. Again, the Jets' issues do no absolve the officials of all wrong. It's possible that the Jets had several flaws AND there were some bad calls.

And in a close game down the stretch, both could have had an impact on the outcome.

19. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I hate it when ppl blame the OC. We couldn't run the ball in the first half, and we couldn't complete a pass. How should the OC be responsible when the OL couldn't generate a push, or give Sanchez enough time for a decent play? Sorry, execution is where players come into play, not the OC. It was the same OC in the second half, but just better execution.

20. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

No. But the fact that Schotty called every single run to go right up Mangold's ass was. We stretched them once. Once. Zero tackles off guard or tackle. Zero counter runs. Zero power-I, bounce it outside options. Uninspired disengenuity.