Dump Holmes at any cost for draft picks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GQMartin, Jan 23, 2011.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I love what Santonio brings to the table but as the 3rd option for Sanchez in the passing attack and not getting the looks he needs, he's too valuable to hang on to.

The Jets need a huge overhaul on the defensive front and need the picks for Holmes.

I am all for resigning Braylon, Cromartie and David Harris. But it's clear now that Holmes is the odd man out.

I'd like to get a 3rd and 5th.

tough loss today fellas. But the Jets will rise from the ashes and fight again.

2. IATA

IATA Trolls

Isn't he a UFA? Or did he become an RFA cause of the labor sit?

3. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

As Sanchez progresses were gonna start throwing the ball a lot more, and possibly more 3 receiver sets.

I don't think this is the time to take weapons away from Sanchez, hes ready to take it to the next level.

4. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

sorry but I think Edwards is the guy they let walk.

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I think he is restricted.

Edit: Yeah he is restricted. They need to slap a 2nd round tender on him and see if anyone bites.

6. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

i believe cromartie is the guy we should dump! trust kyle wilson to fill in and move forward with a corner who can play press coverage and TACKLE

7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Wilson is another year away from being able to handle #2 options for the opposing team.

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'd let Cro walk. Both Edwards and Holmes impressed me this season and Chez will only get more consistent.

Cro was decent but will want too much cash. Maybe a passrusher could help mask his loss, or maybe Wilson progresses.

#8 Jake, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  9. ........

........ Trolls

We have no idea what Holmes is yet. We won't know until there's a new CBA.

10. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Agreed. I can't stand Cro anymore. I must expect everyone to play like Revis Christ.

11. REVIS ISLAND 619

REVIS ISLAND 619 New Member

Holmes is keeper...Braylon too for that matter. Cromartie needs to develop into a safety. He can't cover worth a lick. Utilize his talents more. He's a ball hawk not a cover guy. Alotta guys need to have their contract restructured in my opinion. Gholston contract needs to go & we need a kicker dammit.

12. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Nobody's going anywhere until there's a new agreement between the players and the owners. We have no idea what salary cap restrictions will be (assuming there still are cap restrictions, and I believe there will be), we have no idea on compensation to teams losing free agents, if there will be any or what it will be if there is, too many question marks right now to predict anything in terms of what a team can and cannot afford.

we also don't know if any of the players will give the Jets a price break to stay with Rex and the Jets....but until there's a new bargaining agreement that point is moot.