Are the Cowboys finally legit ?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by dcm1602, Jan 22, 2011.

1. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Now that they fired that clown Wade Phillips I think this is definitely the team to beat in the NFC. Im sure youll still have a bunch of analyst blowing the Packers and Saints but to me Dallas seems the biggest threat.

They got their top 10 qb back, Dez Bryant broke out last year after Romos injury and that was with Witten banged up and 2nd/3rd string qbs throwing him passes.

With Romo Witten Austin Bryant all healthy thats a serious passing attack. They have one of the better halfback trios in the nfl, and now they have a Ryan coaching their defense.

Assuming they draft and or sign some free agent oline talent (With their very good draft pick) I just cant see any other team in the nfc keeping pace with them except MAYBE the Packers IF Rodgers can still perform like an elite qb when he plays good teams (he hasnt done much of that yet in his career)

2. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

I still don't buy Romo as an elite quarterback.

3. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Id agree still not Elite, but easily top 10

4. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

If they get their shit together and swim in the same direction they can be very good... but Garrett will have to instill some discipline in that locker room...

5. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

Yeah, I don't consider Romo a top 10 QB either.

6. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

filler....

7. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Not a top 10 qb ?

You got Brady, Rivers, Rodgers, Vick, Rapist, Manning Brees as the top 7 any way you slilce it.

That would mean guys like Eli Manning, Carson Palmer, Flacco, Orton, Schaub, Ryan, Cassel, and Cutler are better than him.

And quite frankly I dont think any of those guys are better than Romo. Flacco has no clutch factor, Eli lead the nfl in turnovers, Palmer is bad, Orton is mediocre (and got benched for a rookie), Schaub is carried by Andre Johnson, and Ryan and Cassel both showed their true colors in the playoffs.

You could make the case that 1 or 2 or those guys could maybe be better than him, but thats it.

I mean I still wouldnt want Romo as my QB in the playoffs, but the NFC as a whole is pretty shitty

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Yup they're gonna go 12-4 get a first round bye and get knocked out in the divisional round.

9. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Romo really doesn't need to be elite with the firepower that team has on offense. Dez is going to be a stud, and Austin/Witten already have good chemistry with him. That and I know Felix Jones is capable of doing a lot more than we've seen so far.

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Cassel's not good so I'm with you there. He was all smoke and mirrors in the regular season.

As for Ryan, I'm not sure that knocking his playoff performances in a comparison to Romo means anything because Romo has sucked in the playoffs, too.

11. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Oh I know but to be fair much of Romos play off action was 4-5 years ago before the Cowboys massive skid.

They made the playoffs last year and he looked good in them, until his OL got hurt then the Vikings defensiveline just raped him.

Not suggesting Romo is a good playoff qb but we havent seen him there in a long time.

12. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I disagree, Kyle Orton put up some damn good numbers this year...Denver was just fucking terrible at everything but the passing game. He was benched because he got hurt and they wanted to try Tebow out since the season was a wash anyways. If Orton goes to a team like Minny or I shudder to think...Miami, where he has an actual RUNNING GAME I think hes easily a top 10 QB.

13. IATA

IATA Trolls

Miami dosen't have much of a running game anymore with grandpa Ricky and Ronnie back there.

14. GA Jets

GA Jets New Member

He's a regular season top-10 QB, but he doesn't seem to have the "it" factor to be a top rated playoff QB.

15. Kingfish

Kingfish Active Member

The Cowboys played better after Romo was hurt.
    Kitna played better than Romo.
    McGhee looks like he has potential.

16. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

You are legit when your record indicates you are. Hard to check the proof when the pudding is still cooking.

Anyone hear the interview with Rex about his win against the Pats and going to the AFCCG? They were asking him how his dad (Buddy) felt about it and he laughed and remarked that he's trying to wrap his head (or something like it) around the fact his brother is the DC for Dallas. It was pretty funny.

17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

The Cowboys have a lot of talent. I'm not sure, but I remember hearing their OL might need some upgrades.... but aside from a few holes, they have all the pieces in place to contend. I think Romo is a really good QB.

The NFC East will be tough next year, though.

18. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

As a snap judgment, I'd put Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Vick, Rivers, Roethlisberger,
    and Ryan ahead of Romo. He's roughly on the same level as guys like Flacco, Schaub and Eli.

So I'm not sure if he's top 10, but he's close. In any case I believe that you can win a Super Bowl with Tony Romo as your QB.

19. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Flacco belongs on the same level as Sanchez as far as im concerned. And Sanchez aint a top 10 qb yet.

Eli I think is a product of having stud receivers more than anything, outside of him earning himself props for winning the superbowl Giants fans always wanted to get rid of his ass.

And Matt Ryan only had 1 good year so far, and it wasnt even that good. And if you look at his game log all of his good games was him torching god awful teams.

20. gammatec

gammatec Member

Romo has enough talent to lead that team. They just needed a better coach. I think this might be Romo's last chance though.