I love how the media expects the Steelers to...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Bumm

Bumm New Member

" But, they need to stop with this Heath Miller and Polamalu non-sense. Both guys will be non-factors today."

What a shortsighted, naive statement.

2. bmfc1

bmfc1 Well-Known Member

I heard some jerk on ESPN today diminish the last two Jets wins by saying that the Colts were banged up and the Patriots didn't have the WR threats that Pittsburgh has and that Welker was injured. Did anybody say that before the games when the Jets were underdogs on the road?

3. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Good thing we only have to wait 9.5 hours to know if I am right or not. Maybe the Steelers can go get some talent after tonight when they get the shit kicked out of them, and you can brag about guys that are actually good.

4. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

5. Malekanoms

Malekanoms New Member

I think a lot of media higher ups would much rather have the Jets go to the Super Bowl because the Jets have proven they can bring the ratings, like the did last week in the Pats game which I believe had record viewers for a divisional round football game.

Yesterday the product of Hard Knocks was on the radio and he was saying that America loves characters and how the Jets have so many great ones. I also think Rex Ryan is the kind of guy a lot of people will hate on, but even more average down to earth Americans will support. Despite the media label of him being a trash talker, he is actually the opposite. He is a guy who loves his team and really believes in them and thinks they can do great things. That's the kind of guy America roots for.

6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

i've lost faith in many of these "experts" this playoffs because most of what they say just lack logic. Its like they dont know how to respond since the COLTS and NE are out.

#46 mute, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  7. vajet69

vajet69 New Member

I got scared when some of the experts were picking the jets. Leave it the other way.Then I hear a few more geniuses trash the Jets and felt better. It make's it so much sweeter.

8. Chosebuz

Chosebuz New Member

Being from the outside looking in there is one thing that is rather strange.

For all the teams the Jets have beaten there is always a lot of talk about the opposition beating themselves to the extend that it seems those teams and especially fanbases are sure their defeat to the Jets was just a bad day at the office.

It seems the Jets never get more credit than just having executed better on the day. There is always a "but,..." involved. I´d argue every team the Jets beat in the last two years in the playoffs (nevermind the regular season run ins where the Jets had to beat a few teams under pressure to get in) still think they lost to an inferior team and kind of got outfoxed and outsmarted, but it certainly wouldn´t happen again.

For having won 4 out 5 playoff games in 2 years the Jets really often are looked upon on being in as much because their opposition sucked on that day as because of what they did themselves. I mean every team has that happening from time to time, but 4 out 5 times?

Can anybody explain that to me? As far as I can see nobody keeps pointing out how much Big Ben has been relying on his defense coming up big as they do that for Sanchez. For the Steelers it is just the way they play football, not so for the Jets though.

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I would beat the hell out of Roethlisberger if I saw him on the street. Hes a fucking scumbag. He has no business being free, he should be locked up.

10. Ravens52

Ravens52 New Member

Jets are going to Dallas boys.

I'm pumped for you guys!

11. Steeler Tim

Steeler Tim New Member

Nice football analysis. :rolleyes:

and just watching BSPN where 4 out of the 6 guys picked the jets. Whose dick is being sucked? Not anyone on the Steelers.

12. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

On todays Fox Pre-game show, Michael picked the JETS!

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Keyshawn picked the Jets to but he wasn't their. He texted em.

14. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Most ex-Giants or current Giant players have actually. Tiki did on Yahoo. Rolle picked the Jets, etc..

I love Long's analysis though - too hard to win 3 straight on the road for the Jets. Yet he picked the Packers. Are you kidding me? I didn't know the Packers played in Chicago...

15. Steeler Tim

Steeler Tim New Member

Not just Keyshawn ... 4 out of 6 picked the jets

16. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

17. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Who cares what the media thinks at this point they. The steeler game wasn't even our worst game the New England one and we pretty much gifted those fags a 10 point lead but nobody realized that then and they wont know. Tom Jackson picked us this week.

18. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

He is scared shitless of what would happen if he didn't. Bart Scott would tear him a new one and go looking for him...

19. nysuperscum

nysuperscum New Member

Believe!

I'm a believer now!