I love how the media expects the Steelers to...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Jan 23, 2011.

1. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Really, who has said rape is a miscue? What a disgrace.

I guess :shit:

Not like every NFL qb should be able to get almost any girl in the world to sleep with him without raping them.

2. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

it was a disgraceful comment. but the media is intent on slobbering up to ben. and the other thing is that there are alot of stupid people who get paid to talk into a microphone and they say really thoughtless things. Heaven forbid they actually tell the truth.

3. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

I'm afraid that some Jets fans are sleeping on the Steelers--this is a good fucking football team. The Jets were lucky to escape Pittsburgh with a win last time, and this game will be an even tougher challenge.

I'm not saying that I expect the good guys to lose...but this isn't gonna be a cakewalk.

4. Bumm

Bumm New Member

What media are you referring to? Chris Berman picks the Jets along with scores of other analysts. Word is Jets players are already popping the champaign. If anything, the Steelers are being disrespected.

5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I heard a commentator say this morning,"Steelers will win because they have too many playmakers". Huh?

6. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

espn's so called experts have 2 jets picks and 8 for pittsburgh... nfl network has 4 of 5 picking pittsburgh... most of the media acts as if troy will totally shut us down and we only won last time because he was out... im not sure what your watching but most are picking pitt

7. mattbrw08

mattbrw08 Banned

My guess is that you are one of those people who after the Steelers beat the Jets tonight won't be able to admit you actually lost and will blame the game on the refs or some other absurdity.

8. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Ditka just sucked Polamalu's and Miller's dicks.

Can someone explain to me how a guy with 27 career int in 8 seasons (you know, an average of .21 per game over 16 games), 8 sacks, and 518 tackles (average of 4 over 16 games) is talked about as he is Deion Sanders? Jesus christ the Steelers have become ovet-rated this week.

9. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

The team with the most Samoans will win....Totally serious.

10. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

he never plays all 16 games though so he averages more in each game he plays.

11. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

not at all.... i actually think pittsburgh will win to but the fact that so many people are picking them will just make the jets angrier... cant wait

12. mattbrw08

mattbrw08 Banned

Its not necessarily his stats that make him so good. As a Steeler fan who watches him every week, it is his impact he makes on a game. We can credit him at least 3 wins this year where he single handily made a game changing play, whether it was an int to stop Ryan in week 1, a sack and strip on Flacco that lead to us taking the lead, or the pass deflection against the Bengals that saved the game. He, has to be one of the most clutch defensive players of all time. So yes that is what the media is raving about.

13. Bumm

Bumm New Member

Over his career Polamalu has missed substantial time due to injuries and still put up those numbers.

14. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

You are right, he has missed 21 games. Regardless, the numbers get bumbed up slightly because of that.

It's not like he averages 1 int, .5 sacks, and 10 tackles a game. He is a good football player, but the way people talk about him, you would think he is an all-time legend - which he isn't.

He is a guy that plays recklessly. He sometimes makes big plays, but just as often makes stupid plays. He is not a very good tackler. And has this reputation that does not match his play.

If Steeler fans want to blow Harrison, or Woodley, or the rapist, or Ward, I get it. But, they need to stop with this Heath Miller and Polamalu non-sense. Both guys will be non-factors today.

15. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

He only missed games in 4 of 8 seasons, and major games in only 1. He plays in more games than people seem to think.

2003 - 0 missed
    2004 - 0 missed
    2005 - 0 missed
    2006 - 3 missed
    2007 - 5 missed
    2008 - 0 missed
    2009 - 11 missed
    2010 - 2 missed

So, he is not exactly missing a Bob Sanders amount of games most of the time.

#35 milcus, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  16. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

true but even if he isnt racking up jaw dropping stats he makes a huge impact in the way teams gameplan for him... he is a big game changer

17. Kingfish

Kingfish Active Member

I hope Tom Jackson picks Pittsburgh to win.

18. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone is sleeping on the Steelers; we just know that that the Jets are capable of beating them, and are optimistic that they will. I'm certainly not expecting a blowout win by the Jets (though that would be nice).
    In any case, it doesn't really matter if Jets fans are sleeping on the Steelers; it only matters if the Jets are sleeping on the Steelers, and they most certainly are not.

19. skeleton_frames

Yeah I was laughing at that too. It's as if the sports commentators are 6 months behind.

Newsflash- Polamalu was awful last week. Jets were terrible against the Steelers and still won. No one ran the ball on the Steelers. Except the Jets.The O-line of the Steelers is going to be doing a raffle to get people from the stands to be back-ups.

It's fine. The Steelers are part of the 'NFL elite' so there's probably some sort of punishment for not picking them.

I liked Marshall Faulk's comments on the Jets though. He fully expects a Jets win.

20. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

the media seems to assume Troy is just going to create like 3 turnovers all by himself. which is why they are positive pitt will win.

If I told you the Jets wouldn't turn the ball over all day, who would they pick to win then?

but it doesnt matter. We just have to step up and kick their ass.