The Official "where are you watching?" Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFanDoc, Jan 22, 2011.

1. jetsandthecity

jetsandthecity New Member

with my old man. god i hope we win

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

In my family room on a 42" hdtv.

I'm the type of person that has to watch the game by myself and cannot be distracted by anyone else unless you are quiet.

3. garntd

garntd Member

I watched the divisional and wild card with friends that were in town visiting, but have to go at this one alone. I don't think I can watch this game with people anyways - too nervous.

4. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

With my two kids. They are Broncos fans but have watched every minute with me clad in Jets gear.

The wife is working. She came home early last week and caught most of the second half. When she walked downstairs into the man cave wearing her work garb, my kids SCREAMED at her to go put on a Jets jersey. She put on my old Pennington #10 and Santonio #10 promptly pulled in his amazing TD grab on the next play. I'm trying to convince her to wear it under her work clothes tomorrow.

5. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I can't watch Jets games with Family because they can get annoying as hell, pausing mid-game and shit....or at least asking me to. This is a Jets game, don't fuck with me at all. I'm here to enjoy it, dont ask questions, don't be annoying. Just shut up and watch. If I scream, get over it.

Yea, so I will be watching it at home. I didn't invite any friends since I don't know any Jets fans in CA that I know. Oh well...

6. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Im bartending.............

Which normally doesnt sound so bad right? Make a bundle.

Well my bar doesnt have TV's........... Nobody is going to come in. And those that do want nothing to do with football. All good. Laptop will be streaming the game under the bar. Done this before. It sucks but what can i do. Find a better bar? No thanks $$$$$

Edit. And i will have a Giants fan asking me what the score is. Die hard Giant fan. He understands who the Jets are (now) and what the deal is. His father and brother went the Florem Park rally today. His brother met Sanchez and Ellis. Im so jealous.

#26 xmscott, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  7. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

This game will be watched alone with no distractions.As for the Superbowl thats a different story I always said if they make it in I will celebrate with as many fellow fans as possible!

8. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'll be at my house. I wish I was watching with my Dad, but we'll be talking throughout.

9. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

i may watch at a friends house - but i prefer to watch alone.

10. endydee

endydee Active Member

I'll be watching at my friend's house, the same place I have been all season long. Standing in front of their 55", cheering and screaming. Petting their two Golden Retrievers, who happen to be great dogs. They freak out a bit though when my friend does the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets chant.

11. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

Since none of my 9 brothers & sisters, nor my wife, son, daughter, granddaughter, 18 nieces & nephews, aunts, uncles, approx 4-to-500 1st-2nd & 3rd cousins, bro-in-law, sis-in laws, ma&pa in-laws & my own mother are not
    JET fans, I'll watch the game with my framed portrait of my father (may he continue to RIP) since he was the ONE who turned me onto the JETS (along with the Mets, Knicks & Rangers)!

Just me, my 55" flat-screen & pops pic!

That's ALL I need....I'm good!

12. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Stat of the night:

Jets on the road when I'm home: 8-0
    Jets on the road when I'm anywhere else: 0-2

I will be home, grilling out back during the Bears game, pregame on, lighting just right, like I've been doing all year. Can't wait to hear the radio replays of Bob W screaming "Santonio Holmes!" during the post-game again.

13. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

At my brothers on 34th and 2nd.. its me, my wife, our dog, my parents and their dog, my bro and his GF..a 16lb turkey, stuffing, garlic pesto mashed potatoes..and about 60 beers...can't sleep.. GO JETSSSS!!!!

14. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

At my dads house.

Nothing like a few beers and being able to actually talk about the game in real time without the need to educate anyone about anything going on... unless my step mom asks a question but she generally has good timing.

15. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I lived in the south during the 90s and trying to watch the hockey playoffs in any kind of zone was impossible. I must have answered the question "what is icing?" about a thousand times. Icing? Really? That's what people were curious about?

16. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I feel you on that man.

Last year I was at school for the AFCCG. Had some people over at my apartment but none were more than casual football fans. They didn't understand shit and thought it was weird when I freaked the fuck out on that bomb to Edwards.

This year will be a much better experience

#36 ukilledkenny, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Last year I watched alone and we fucking lost, this year I am going to the only Jets bar in Vegas... Montana Meat Company in Centennial Hills. Ironically the only other Montana Meat Co. is a Steelers bar and about 3 minutes from my job which I will be leaving 1/2 hour before the game to drive to the other one 25 minutes away.

I can't fucking sleep... I can't imagine if I'll get any sleep for two weeks if we win this game.

18. NYMagpies

NYMagpies New Member

My apt in Sydney Australia. "working from home" haha

19. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Heinz Field

20. JETSfunkyATC

JETSfunkyATC New Member

Lets just say I'm not gonna fuck with the juju and do the same things i've been doing all postseason. Go to my buddies BIL's house. Wear the same shit, sit in the same spot. Throw the football with the neighbors before the game. Eat the same food. Drink from the same JETS chalice. My buddies' idea of NFL play 60 is kicking his kids out of the house during the game so we can concentrate, yell, and pace unobstructed.
    Funk