What is the biggest bandwagon franchise in the NFL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjet0912, Jan 20, 2011.

?

Biggest Bandwagon team

1. Cowboys

107 vote(s)
    34.7%
  2. Packers

5 vote(s)
    1.6%
  3. Steelers

37 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Patriots

149 vote(s)
    48.4%
  5. Other

10 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. Brick

Brick Member

Thank you, but, again, to my point, KDKA's local feed is all the is needed in Pittsburgh to watch a STEEELER's game. Not an out of market game. Sports bars will get the football package because they cater to football fans. Most sports bars in this town won't - hence they only cater to Steeler fans.

Pittsburgh delenda est.

2. Reesta

Reesta New Member

So you sit at Bars and watch games other than the Jets?

I do not think that it is any gauge of a fan to watch the Steelers in a bar, on a local feed, retire to home for the other nationally broadcast games.

If you can sit a bar all day and watch football or any sport for the pure joy of the sport, the kudos to you. Speaking for myself, getting to the bar takes monumental efforts and a great wife that knows I am lost for 4 hours even with her at my side.

Go Steelers.

3. Brick

Brick Member

I have to go to a bar to watch Jets game. I live in an apartment building and can't get Sunday Ticket.

Of course I watch other games - I follow what's going on with the Jets AFC East rivals and enjoy watching the big plays in other games that are on when the Jets are playing. I don't even play fantasy football. I just like being at a bar on Sunday, watching football and hearing a group of fans for a particular team hoot and holler. I usually don't watch all day (sometimes I do), but there's plenty to watch when the Jets game is at half, in commercial, etc..

Problem is, in Pittsburgh, all anyone can hear are Steeler fans. They expect everyone in the bar to be wearing black and gold, and that's why I, for the most part, don't like the them.

Pittsburgh delenda est.

#163 Brick, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  4. Reesta

Reesta New Member

Anytime you are in Atlanta during the season, I am sure we can get one of the TV's setup for the Jets game at our backers bar. They are great about other games on the small TV's. If they are willing to put my wife's team on a small set, we should have no problem for you.

Did I mention she is a Bandwagon fan of the Steelers? I am in the process of fixing her Buffalo issue...

5. Brick

Brick Member

You are a rare reasonable Steeler fan, I'll give you that. And, while I believe you're joking, I don't think your wife needs her Buffalo issue "fixed." My girlfriend's family is from outside of Detroit and she is a Lions fan. I wouldn't change that about her even if I could.

Pittsburgh delenda est.

6. Elijah

Elijah New Member

We have a winner.

7. Reesta

Reesta New Member

You are correct in assuming that I will never be able to "cure" my wife but, our unborn child will not be a Bills fan.

Why aren't the Atlanta Falcons fans on this list?

8. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Why would they be?

9. Reesta

Reesta New Member

Atlanta is a hard sports town in general. Unless you are talking about college football.

The biggest issue, for Atlanta based teams, is that Atlanta is a huge melting pot of people from everywhere else. The fans of the Falcons are few and far between. Vick helped the hype a few years back and the current team is gaining momentum but no passion. The Georgia dome is very easily filled with the visitors fans.

10. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

Cowboys. They had two dynasties, which means two generations of bandwagon groupies.

11. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

49ers. they came out of the woodwork from nowhere in the 80's

12. GreenMachine

Ok. Now Mike is telling me on how my kids were raised.

Awesome.

20 bucks says my boys can name Players and roster numbers better than you.

ask Koz. He quizzed them at my house a few weeks ago.

Hell, they even know the celebration dances.

13. Zedsdead

Zedsdead New Member

I have been listening to Steeler Football radio and Pats football all week.
    Why????
    To get pumped because I do not want to hear all the local flag waving...I want to listen to the Pitt local so I can imagine all their tears better come tomorrow..I gotta tell you these guys are fucking confident..
    Talking about Hines being an incredible blocker..they made a rule for him...Ryan and the jets are insecure that's why they talk, Pitt is the big brother and we are a little bro...Ben is the best QB hands down in all of football...Revis is overrated...Polygamy wasnt playing...The fans are a huge factor...The Terrible towel...The jets never played the black an gold in a championship game

I gotta tell you I'm pumped. I think we are in the verge of creating a dynasty and these Jets are playing the best football anyone had played in years and getting better.
    Let's do this for Curtis, Keyshawn, Glenn, Chrebs and my favorite Jet of all time Victor Green.

14. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

In NJ it's the Steelers. Even I rooted for the Steel Curtain and Bradshaw in the 70's.

15. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

Does anybody remember a commercial from one of the beer companies (can't recall which one, so I guess from their perspective it wasn't a good ad) in '98? It featured a man telling his small son, watching the Jets win SB III, to always remain loyal to his team. Flash forward to the 70s, the father is a Steelers fan; in the 80s, a 49ers fan; in the early 90s, a Cowboys fan. Comes to 1998, he's sitting on the couch, a Jets fan again, next to his son, who remained a Jets fan the entire time.

16. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

Must've hit close to home. Hope it feels good. :up: I've got no beef with you, GM, or your kids. I said what I said out of late night anger at the fact you're still taking pot shots. Honestly, I wish you'd ignore my presence here if you can't get over the fact I've been a Jets fan and am who I am. I'm sure your kids are great fans, my dad raised me to be the same, it's part of any team's tradition. I still remember the 98 roster, for example. I was 11. I remember most of 95's, but that's as far back as I can really remember details from football seasons.

Re: Reesta's comment about a Steelers bar in Atl, we've got a Jets bar. Mazzy's right inside 285 I believe, I used to be on the mailing list, i'll have to get back on it now that i'm back in the area. Show up there, get a nice beat down like Big Ben...

#176 RevisOfNazareth, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  17. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Seriously guys, anyone from South Florida will back me up. Its the Dolphins. Not even close, their fans dont show up when they suck, and after one win against a .500 team, they start talking Super Bowl.

18. Fred Mertz

Fred Mertz Active Member

I'd rather have the problem of having too many bandwagon fans than none. It means we're winning. We know who we are, we know who the real fans are. We know, we will know in our hearts and souls. The rest will sort itself out. We know.

19. Ravens52

Ravens52 New Member

Why don't you eat your own shit and die you fucking tampon string.

A squeeelers fan talkin shit on a jets mb when you know damned good and well that the year they went to SB, you decided to jump on board. Piss off and keep the Ravens outta your mouth bitch.

We got that ass next year and if you think I'm playing, stick around this place for awhile....you know, until the end of next season.

:steelers:

20. Ravens52

Ravens52 New Member

And besides that, who the fuck rags on Jets fan when you talk shit on new york, but "root" for the spankees? Get your head outta your ass.