Did anyone go to the team sendoff last year?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by King Chadwick I, Jan 21, 2011.

1. King Chadwick I

King Chadwick I New Member

My family is thinking of going tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences from doing it last year. I was curious why it takes 3 hours? Are we going to stand out there for 2 hours until the players come out?

2. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Went last year with my father, and got there only an hr before it started (9) waited in a huuuuuuuge line, froze, then got to listen to fireman ed, and co. and then got to see a glimpse of the players.

I'll be there again this time with my whole fam.

3. King Chadwick I

King Chadwick I New Member

So you were basically standing out in the cold for 3 hours before the players came out? Did you get up close and meet them or are you behind a sea of people? Thanks MexicanJet!

4. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

I wasn't there last year...but how early should I go?

5. MexicanJet

King Chadwick, I stood out for a while in the cold yes, and since it was a few months removed from my fathers 5 back surgeries, it was sort of a pain, but we walked around, and got to the "players line" and were close enough to get a few high fives from some of the players..

I like these sorts of things, because anytime to see the team go to a big big game, or to do something related to the team, is always cool.. It wasn't that bad of cold last year, tomorrow will definitely be brutal which I'm not looking forward to, but I'll be there.

DeVito, if you want to get right in, I'd suggest getting there super early, like 6A.Mish, (I won't be leaving my house till like 730 lol) but yea somewhere around there.

6. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Dam even though I can't be guaranteed to shake a players hands I'll atleast get to see them!

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Get to the lot early!!!

Thing was crazy packed last year and I can only imagine this year.

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I got there an hour before it started----1050 had a booth set up and Buttel and Legreca were live on the radio. I was rite near the booth and next to us there was a small stage where guys got up and spoke at the mic. It got extremely crowded shortly after we arrived. It was REAL COLD and there was alot of standing around--old time players were interviewed on the radio--the current players came out eventually and high fived people along the railings----they were not out there too long--we were out there MUCH longer!Guy from ch 4 interviewed me and my son,, guy loved my sons SUPERBOWL III JACKET and put us on tv I loved what they did at the stadium last week--it was way better then last years sendoff . Stay warm because this year is probably as cold or colder than last year.
    ps there was zero food or coffee or hot chocholate

9. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

They look a lot like they do on TV, HD as really helped with that. lol

10. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

They said Dunkin Donuts is supplying hot drinks

11. MexicanJet

Aren't they supposed to have complimentary warm beverages?

12. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

A part that I enjoyed was after it was over, the players all got in their cars to drive to the airport. Almost like GT5 and cheering them on as they drove off was cool.

13. John127

John127 New Member

King,

Yes, you will wait in a crowd for hours to catch a glimpse. You can arrive late and hang at the back, but you won't see a whole lot. Parking, as mentioned is tough!

I took the kids last year but won't be doing it again. If you're not right on the barricade, it's not worth it, and to be right up front, you have to be there very early.

Last week was the rally to be at. The kids were thrilled to be on the actual field catching missed field goals!