brad smith to return kicks...would you rather cro?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFanJoe, Jan 20, 2011.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Oh....

So you're a Yankee fan and a Laker fan too right??

2. SteelCurtain

SteelCurtain New Member

Yankees, Steelers, Nets, Rangers...sorry pal

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

You should pay more attention. No doubt Cro has more straight line speed but no way he is a better kick returner than Smith. Jets will have consistent field position with Smith and he has just a good a shot to break one as cro would.

4. HighFlyingJets

Well, its more than obvious that you pretty much know nothing about the Jets.

Antonio Cromartie "looked deadly"?

Well guess what?

Brad Smith IS deadly.

Unless your the type of Pittsburgh fan who only follows the Steelers once they make the playoffs, you should know better than most...Because you've seen 1st hand what Brad Smith could do as a kick returner. Thats if you even watched the regular season game between the Jets & Steelers.

Also, lets not forget; the Steelers haven't been the only special teams unit thats been burnt by Brad Smith. He was great last year, and ranks top 5 as a kick returner this year for a reason. The man is a dangerious athlete.

5. SteelCurtain

SteelCurtain New Member

Stats don't backup your arguments

Anyone could have returned that kick for a TD against the steelers...did you see hole?

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Dude, you realize he only returned like 6 kicks, right? It's a lot easier to have a high average when you only have 6 returns. Use your eyes and watch how they return kicks. Cro is all about speed. Smith is about vision, patience and then speed.

7. SteelCurtain

SteelCurtain New Member

Yup...and looked a lot better in those 6 returns

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

How did he look better? By being faster? You can't compare the average of 6 kicks to the average of 50 kicks. It's retarded on multiple levels.

Cro is faster, that's all he has on Smith on KR. I said this after the Colts game, I think Smith would have returned that last kickoff for a TD when Cro brought it out near midfield.

The Jets blocking on special teams is and has been outstanding since Westhoff has been here. You'll see it again Sunday. Enjoy.

9. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

I can't say I agree with the Steelers fan, but I'd put them on about an even level. Cromartie has higher potential for TDs, but wouldn't give us the consisntent field position that Smith does. Cromartie's last return against the Patriots had me fuming because he was going backwards (or was that on a punt return?) Either way, Smith is a steadier, more consistent option, although I'm not sure how you can deny Cromartie's big play potential. -

10. HighFlyingJets

Everyone seen the hole, but that still doesn't change the fact that Brad Smith was the fastest man on the field. Go back and watch the film of the return, look at more than just "the hole". Pay close attention how Brad Smith was out running every Steeler trying to make a play. A lot of Steelers had great angles to make plays on the sidelines as well, but none of them had the speed to make the play.

On a side note... How the hell does a "fan" consider himself a "fan" when he's pulling for a Pittsburgh football team, a New York baseball team and a New Jersey team basketball team?

And stop lying. We all know you like the Celtics.

11. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Now steelcurtain has reduced himself to troll status.

12. HighFlyingJets

Yeah, but don't get the two confused. SteelCurtain96 is one of the most humle/respectful opposing fans that I've seen around here all year.

13. Malekanoms

Malekanoms New Member

Cro has done a decent job, but I'd definitely go with Brad, cause he did a great job for an entire season and is more an overall playmaker.