Fireman Ed's Helmet losing incident at Foxboro

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DaftGreen, Jan 20, 2011.

1. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I've seen different articles which actually give the A-hole credit for inventing the J! E! T! S! chant, and it is just not true.

That chant has been going on since Shea. He wasn't even the first guy to do it at the old Meadowlands. He was just the most visible guy.

I've never seen him even attempt to set the record straight.

Eff him.

2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I'm no fan of his, but in fairness I have seen him in interviews and stuff say how he didn't invent the chant and doesn't take credit for it.

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I'm not a big fan of his, but how about we try and keep harmony in Jet Nation for the time being. It's been working so far.

4. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I have seen that too.

He got his tickets in the EZ PSL free, but he pays for the tickets. They offered him his old seats at a discount for $10k per seat and he refused. He was a section over from me (137, corner, visitors EZ and he was 135 if I remember correctly) at the old place and mine were listed at $10kPSL and he had much better seats.

I love him for leading the chant. Stop being a douche at away games and the WSS commercials were a joke.

5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Yeah.. come on how can anyone take the Pats fans side in this.. so all of a sudden it's ok to abuse and try and steal someone else's property? I'm all for trash talk or taunting.. but fuck the Patriots and their fans. I'm taking the Jets fans side in this one.

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

This is football. This Foxboro. No on said it was going to be fair.

7. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I hate fireman ed. He used to be a Dolphins fan

8. MoLewisSoNasty

MoLewisSoNasty New Member

Fireman Ed is a great Jets fan. I can't understand why people rip on him so much!!

How can you hate a guy who is a retired firefighter, and is one of the most passionate Jets fans of all-time. Go to his website, and he clearly admits he never created the J-E-T-S chant.

I can remember so many times I lose faith in this team, and there's Fireman Ed staying positive and keeping the crowd alive. He is not a media attention whore.

TRUE FACT: Chad Ochocinco offered him free airfare and tickets to last year's Bengals/Jets playoff game...but HE REFUSED ON PRINCIPAL!

The man is an inspiration, and he should never be ridiculed. The crowd relies on him to get the building going, and he ALWAYS delivers. He is as much of a TRUE Jets fan as all of us.

9. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

I'll never understand why so many on this board hate the guy.

Dislike? Okay, whatever. Hate? For what?

The guys gets the whole stadium to rock J-E-T-S on gameday. Personally, I don't think he's anything special, but I certainly don't hate him and I definitely love what he does for the home game experience. Former Dolphins fan or not...

10. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Thank you.

11. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Okay, then I stand corrected. To be fair to the A-hole, I would have very little chance of hearing him set the record straight, since I avoid listening to him.

Okay, but eff him anyway . . . in the most harmonious way possible! :wink:

:up:

12. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I'm with you, Ive always liked ed, and he's a standup guy in person.

13. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Didn't he refuse to go to the games after the Jets didn't get the west side stadium?

14. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

You act like a douche at a visiting team's Stadium and you deserve all the grief you get! I've been to 2 Jets-Pats games in Foxboro - one where we won and one where we lost. I kept a low profile at both. Didn't wear any Jets gear. I cheered for the Jets but I wasn't obnoxious about it and I didn't taunt any of their fans. Fireman Ed's act is a little tired if you ask me.

15. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Way to rep.

16. Pennythetowelboy

Pennythetowelboy New Member

I agree, dont really understand the hatred for him

17. JetsFan2004

JetsFan2004 Member

I don't understand this. What exactly did he do in Foxboro that he's a douche? He obnoxiously cheered for the Jets? And how do you do that?

I like the guy and think he's great for the crowd. I don't understand the hate one bit. I've yet to read one post with a valid argument against him

18. Ravens52

Ravens52 New Member

No way in hell he pays for his tix. That shit just ain't happening.

Deion makes fun of him on NFLnetwork by calling him the richest fireman in America.

And yes, he's a doosh. You guys are better than him.

19. Ravens52

Ravens52 New Member

He was a dolphins fan?

Wow.

20. MoLewisSoNasty

MoLewisSoNasty New Member

He PAYS for his tickets. He would not lie to the public over and over again. HE DECLINED FREE JETS BENGALS AIRFARE AND TICKETS from Chad Ochocinco. He makes money from his pension and from public appearances. He drives an average pickup truck and just chooses to spend his money on the organization.