Lose This Week, and Pats Game Means Nothing?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ThunderbirdJet, Jan 19, 2011.

1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

:up:

Love it.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I don't like discussions like this that assume something that has not happened.

3. Just wait till Ducasse beats out Slauson at RG or Hunter at RT next TC. Jets O-line is going to be big,strong and athletic for a long time.

4. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

You must be missing all the plays Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown are making at the WR position. You didn't get to see Heath Miller last time. He is just as good as if not better than Keller.

5. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

Regardless of the outcome of this Sundays game, the win over the Pats was the best win this year hands down for many reasons. But until we get to the SB, our goal has not been attained. There will be questions/doubters of our coach, QB, game plan, etc. until that happens. Rex has knocked aside so many perceived "curses" and obstacles of this franchise but there is still one left. Win an AFC championship for a trip to the SB.

6. LWC611

LWC611 Member

This.... If we win this week this will be the biggest win since superbowl III

7. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

This from the fan of the team that introduced roids into the game and has a rapist QB. right.

8. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

He'll be 34 in August.

9. Ravens52

Ravens52 New Member

Losing this weekend would do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to tarnish what you guys pulled off last week.

That wasn't just a win, it was a changing of the guard in the AFC East.

10. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

Typically one and done? Two out nine is typical? Typical is the Jets going home with nothing, no division, no conference and no SB. The Pats have won the Division over your superstar laden team two years in a row, while they are rebuilding. It's now or back to being bridesmaids for the Jets.

11. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

What have you done for me lately?

Lose the last 3 playoff games. Go one and done the last two years while the Jets make deep playoff runs. It's ok though, you will always have the memory of the first half of the last decade. Excuse us while we make our own memories.

12. Steeler Tim

Steeler Tim New Member

The Patriots are not done. They still have a lot of talent on that team and a great coach (gag, I can't believe I wrote that). The difference is they will have a perennial contender in the Jets who have YOUNG talent in key positions. I see them having some good battles in the coming years.

13. Ravens52

Ravens52 New Member

This doesn't even need to be a thread.

There's no way you guys lose to the fucking squeelers. Do it for me. :)

14. jaguarthecarnotateam

I agree with you. The feeling this week is incomparable. The win feels to me almost as good at SBIII b/c how hated the enemy is. Its like if we got Giselle Bundchen to sleep with us Sunday night and then on Monday she invited two more of her supermodel friends to join in a 3 way later that week. Hopefully we look back on wins over the Steelers and Packers, and hoist the trophy but I feel Sunday's win over Brady/BB will always be seen as the orgasmic highlight. The future is bright b/c of that win. It was Jet-life changing.

15. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Man..... IMO, it's more like you got to kiss Gisselle last Sunday.....

THIS SUNDAY IS FOR ALL THE MARBLES......

If last Sunday was a 10 on some scale, THIS SUNDAY IS 100!!!!!

WERE TALKING ABOUT THE SUPERBOWL....

The SuperBowl is the only thing that is really Jet-Life changing....

A loss means Monday we're on the outside looking in talking about beating the Pats while no one else gives a shit.

As a Yankees fan, If the Sox never won that World Series in 2004 you know what... It still would have been 1918 and I wouldn't have cared at all about losing that series... It all would have been wiped away as I watched the Sox FAIL in trying to erase years of misery....

If I'm a Pats fan, I feel the same way... If the Jets don't win a SB I would laugh at them...
    This past game would be no worse than losing to the Ravens the year before adn I would know my team is loaded with draft picks and ready to go again....

Jets fans can get as giddy as they want about a single game win but, to the rest of the NFL, without a Super Bowl you get a little pat on the head and a "go get em next year kid"

16. Kingfish

Kingfish Active Member

Regardless of whether the Jets win or lose Sunday, one thing won't change.

The Patriots players and coaches and New England fans won't forget the whipping the Jets put on them. The Patriots won't be saying that the game was meaningless. They will be sulking for months.
    :up:

17. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

You can think this all you want....

But, If we're ALL at home watching the Super Bowl... Tom Brady is getting a BJ from Gisselle with a bunch of Super Bowl rings and the Jets are a nice team that had a nice win in a divisional game... Attaboy...

I know to us Jets fans it's the greatest win ever but, that's just part of what makes it so pathetic.....

To the Patriots, it's juts another game and they come back next year fully stocked AND pissed off and probably still overwhelming favorites at home.

On this One point IMO I can't debate Francessa at all..... We are ALL IN MF's......

It's ALL or nothing.

18. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

Do you always follow the herd instead of looking at the facts of the case?

Also the Steelers weren't the first team to use roids.

Don't let your hate for the Steelers get in the way of facts

19. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Of course we are all in. Why does enjoying the win in NE mean that we don't care if we win the Super Bowl? Why do people insist on this mindset? Who the fuck said that? No ONE.

You think this loss was just another game to Pats fans? Have you read their boards at all? They are losing faith in B&B, they see the Jets as ready to take over the division, and won't be laughing at the Jets anymore, trust me. They are afraid and envious. Their bravado is gone. Their confidence is shot. You must have not heard the boos reigning down on the Pats, at home, by thier own fans, and the empty seats with 10 minutes left in the game.

They haven't done squat in the playoffs for years now. We have been winning, and all on the road. The win in NE proven once and for all, that the doubters and Rex haters were all wrong. This game will be long remembered as a turning point in Jets history. It will never be meaningless. Beating Manning and Brady marks the age of Jets dominance. Now, if that doesn't mean anything to you...

20. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Hunter is awesome.