Talking Superbowl Again

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Section 227. Row 5, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

The economy is even worse right now than it was last year at this time. I agree with your assessment of the price drop on the SB tickets. The prices last year after we lost the game were about $1600 and up... and they remained like that for days afterwards. Didn't go up, didn't go down. Some sold, but more inventory came on the market and that held the prices down.

I don't see that changing this time around. In fact, I could see people winning the ticket lottery and going, "Hell, I can make a good buck on these two tickets and I'm not even a Packerrs or Jets fan. Screw it, I'm selling them."

As far as airline tickets, they will rpobably add more flights out of NY. Philly works for me too, since I live in central Jersey. I still can't determine what happens to the overage on the SW flights. If you pay $600 per ticket now for a flight, then cancel, yes, you get to transfer the value up to $600 on any other flights within one year. But what if you are trading them in on a $300 flight to FL? What happens to the other $300. Seems like a screw job to me. I'm going to do more research and maybe take my chances Sunday night and see what developes.

2. Section 227. Row 5

This is obscene. Who does Jerry Jones think he is? Woody Johnson?

3. Section 227. Row 5

Anyone Have Experience With A SB Package?

Does anyone know much about these Superbowl Packages they sell? Some include ground transportation, hotel, etc. Of course, the tickets pretty much suck with the cheap packages unless you get the expensive package, but I have seen them for as little as $2500 or so.

How are they? Anyone here ever done the package deal? How did it work out and how bad do the seats suck? Are there "good" outfits to do business with?

4. JGuz649

JGuz649 New Member

I booked my flight to Dallas for $275(with fees) leaving Sat the 5th and returning to JFK Tues the 8th. It came out to be a little cheaper, and would have me in NY for a possible super bowl parade.

Does it seem dumb to plan that? Sure. I don't see it as a jynx tho, our coach came in talking about meeting Obama so I have the same confidence.

Also all that aside, this is Dallas. It's not like its Indy where I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I ventured out to grapevine texas during a long layover at DFW and would love to spend some time down there regardless.

5. JetsSec337Lot13B

Anyone look on stubhub? A lot of the tickets include parking for an additional $70! Not even sure where that lets you park!

6. Section 227. Row 5

Ouch! Those prices are pretty steep. Not too many specific seats listed, but the 3 in the 4th Row of the EZ (with parking) are $3950 each!

Those prices will come down, trust me. They did last year and the economy was not as bad as it is now. And a lot more inventory will be coming on after this weekend.

7. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

I've been monitoring tickets prices all week and last week and I am getting nervous about some analysts saying that with the hungry 4 team fan bases left prices for tickets will settle around $4000 for some pretty poor seats and nothing less. Really pisses me off. I have a flight reservation for the game if we get there and if I have to watch it on the Jumbotron OUTSIDE Jerry Rip off Stadium or some half ass bar outside the stadium I will be there! CAN'T WAIT!

8. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

I hope you are right brother because I am beginning to hitch up to the 227 Bandwagon and believe we are going this year!

9. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

Last year they did because New York market dissappeared in a day. If we're in, I just hope we're not looking at $4000.

I asked this before didn't get an answer, what are people's plans for buying tickets, when the clock strikes 0:00? Monday morning, Tues, Day before the game?

Also where are these $2500 packages?

10. trojannation

trojannation New Member

jets ticket office says that details regarding a potential lottery for the Jets participating team ticket allotment will be communicated shortly after Sunday's game should the Jets win... according to ESPN, face value tickets range from $600 upper deck to $1,900 lower level...

are you guys going to wait to see if you win this lottery before you buy tickets?

11. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I've got news for you, in the US you can't get anywhere near a stadium hosting a super bowl without a ticket. The police and federal officers will not allow anyone in the parking lot without it. Bad news #2, Cowboy Stadium is in the middle of nowhere in Arlington Texas. Your best bet will be at a Dallas bar a few miles away

12. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

13. NYJFan

NYJFan New Member

Soo in other words, I need a serious raise to get to see my Jets win the super bowl this year, sigh. Looks like I'll just be trying to find some fellow Jets fans down here in Florida, theyre not so easy to come by but thats ok, seeing my Jets win the Super Bowl will be all the joy I need!

14. Section 227. Row 5

Sorry, WWWeston, I thought I saw a $2500-$2800 price range for a package yesterday but now I can't find it. Here is one for $3599:

http://www.sportevents.com/super-bowl-tickets-and-packages

I think we're still better off getting our own tickets and making our own arrangements. At least that's the way it made sense last year after I checked out the packages. The trouble with the packages is that I think you get the worst possible seats... all the leftovers. And they don't tell you 'till you get there where you are sitting in the "400 Section," so you can just about assume that it ain't gonna be good.

BUT... if I can find that package that was around $2800 or so, ANY ticket inside might be a good deal. The other thing about tazht package was, the rest of the stuff with it was all fluff... 2 cocktails, a fucking game brochure, etc., etc.

15. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

16. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

10 grand is your bankroll? That's plenty!

$300 plane.
    $1500-2500 on a ticket
    Hotel Friday-Saturday-Sunday night probably $100 a night?
    Alcohol/food/ rental $700?

You're looking at no more than $4,000 on this trip.

17. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

Agreed, the one you found earlier for the NFLOnLocation seemed legit though, but is now sold out. $2500 for uppers with the 3 hour open bar hospitality deal. Tailgating seems like a big ? for out of towners. I saw an ad on Craiglist a little while ago that some guy was renting out his RV for the week. Risk of crashing that is high though.

18. JGuz649

JGuz649 New Member

For those wondering about being in the lottery, did you receive an e-mail around reserving playoff tickets in November? As I recall, it clearly stated that only those who reserve playoff tickets would be eligible for the Super Bowl lottery.

Also I talked to Jets customer support, they said regardless of seats those that win lottery can purchase 2 total. Now if the amount of seats give more weight in the lottery is another story....

19. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Yes. That's always the case. I reserved my playoff tix, if I win SB tix, my wife is getting induced.

20. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Jet fan through and through. CAN'T WAIT!