Now I understand why Rex Ryan is hated by many; Jealousy.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HighFlyingJets, Jan 19, 2011.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

go play xbox

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Integrity like when your 70s teams were steroid machines? or like Big ben and his "problems"? Let's pipe down w/ that nonsense.

You think you will win 6 SBs in the next 10 years?:rofl:

Pitt is a model franchise w/o a doubt but you aren't the best franchise in the NFL all time.

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Wait, how can yankeesteel diss another team for "buying" talent when "yankee" is in his username?

4. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Ah good ' ol envy, remind what colour it is again ??:smile:

5. BiG CHoPz

BiG CHoPz Member

Rofl. I was about to post that before i saw yours.

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I'm jealous of Rex. Man I wish I was that good looking. Sanchez is lucky that he gets to be Rex's wingman at da club.

7. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

He might be getting to the end of his prime, he's still better than about 90% of safeties in the league He missed the first 6 games and still ended the season leading the league in INTs. The guy is just a very intelligent player and knows exactly where to be to make plays . I think he still has a good 2-3 years left in him. I'd love to have him finish his career in green and white

8. HighFlyingJets

Well, we already got both Ferguson & Mangold signed long term. Those two guys would have been two of the top free agents on the market this offseason. We're talking about a franchise LT & all pro center. If they didn't love playing under Rex Ryan, both would have hit the free agency market and signed with any team of their choice. You have to see it to believe it? Well, those were two elite talents, during their prime years, who both stayed with the Jets under Rex Ryan. Also, lets not forget that, Darrelle Revis signed for much less than what he was demanding. Rex was huge in getting Revis locked up; the man went to his HOME to talk with #24. And what? Bart Scott wasn't signed during his prime years?

Also, I'm not trying to compare the Jets to the Yankees. I just feel players are on the verge of coming to the Jets with dreams of a SB because of Rex. L.T & Taylor come to mind.

9. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

Who cares about baseball right now, your comparison is foolish anyway.

10. BiG CHoPz

BiG CHoPz Member

I agree an elite safety in the nfl is hard to come by. A secondary with revis, leonhard, cro, and ed reed would be rediculous.

11. The Mak

The Mak New Member

Shut up and sit down. I'm not even a yankee fan and I know Jeter is a gentleman. Roethlisberger is a neanderthal who forces himself on college girls.

Ben: HARF HARF SOMEONE CALLED THE BEN AND SAID THEY LIKED GUYS WHO LIKE TO FUCK GIRLS. BEN LIKES TO FUCK GIRLS.

#31 The Mak, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  12. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

The media writes negative stories about Rex Ryan for two reasons: first, because New York is a huge market and anything they write about the Jets (positive or negative) will get clicks/sell papers. Second, because he doesn't give the exact same cookie cutter answers as every other coach so he naturally opens himself up to the "brash, trash talker" label.

The fans that do hate Rex do it because the Jets are good, and because they just regurgitate what they read on ESPN.com and in SI.

That said, I haven't really heard of any fans outside the division who hate Ryan--most people seem to find him refreshing.

13. HighFlyingJets

My point exactly. Thank you for understanding where I'm coming from. Rex Ryan is THE coach that just about every player in the league wants to play for. They SEE the ways our players go to war for this man.

When you have two future HOF players in L.T & Jason Taylor come to your team during the same offseason... You know your doing something right. These guys want that SB ring in the WORST way. Jason Taylor hated everything about us! If Rex could get Taylor to come to town, who cant he get? The fact that they chose the Jets as the team that gives them the best chance to reach their childhood dreams speaks volumes in itself when talking about Rex Ryan.

When you have players of cross town rivals in Rolle and Phillips blowing Rex through the media; you know your doing something special.

14. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Ed Reed is retiring if he's not with the Ravens, he almost retired this season.

15. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

You're like a poor mans Sarah Palin, you're just as stupid except all that stupidity comes wrapped in a obese, hairy, walking vagina.

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

First, any comparison between baseball and football is absurd. The sports cannot be much different. Football is the ultimate team sport where almost every play depends on 11 players working together. Baseball is a game of individual acts done for a team.

As for structure and what it takes to win, the sports are light years apart. You cannot compare any team to the Yankees because baseball has no salary cap and the draft is not really important. The Yankees build their teams by spending money to keep their own while most other teams cannot do that and by spending money to take free agents from other teams. How can you compare one sport where one team spends almost twice as much as its nearest competitor with another where each team spends the same amount of money????

As for any comparison between the Jets and Yankees, again it is ridiculous. How can you compare a team with one of the longest championship droughts in sports to one where the season is a failure if the teams does not win the championship??? And the fan bases cannot have a more different mentality. Jets fans expect the worst and are waiting for the other shoe to drop, always (although Ryan is changing that). Yankees fans made their plans every year around the expected trip to the World Series as if it is a God-given right that the Yankees play in late October every year.

And putting the words fun and Yankees together is an oxymoron. The Yankees are the ultimate corporate franchise. If you were going to compare any baseball team to the 2010 Jets, it would be the 2004 Red Sox. Both teams were loud and irreverant and looking to end a long drought by beating their arch rival dynasty along the way in an unexpected manner.

No NFL has won championships as consistently as the Yankees. Any comparison between any other NFL franchise and the Yankees is ridiculous.

Let's keep this talk about football. Its great that the Jets are winning and are again one win away from the Super Bowl. But please remember the Jets need two more wins to win a championship. And it is also great that NFL players seem to admire Ryan and the atmosphere he has created for Jets players. There is no comparison to any other sports team right now. The Yankees are hated for their wealth and the way go they buy championships. Yankees fans are hated for their arrogance and air of superiority. The Jets are brash, but not wealthy or arrogant and Jets fans can be described in many ways, but arrogance is not one of them.

Take all that away for now, though. All efforts should be placed on winning this weekend. Let's worry about that and not the stupid Yankees. Let's leave that for Franceser, who would love to talk Yankees baseball instead of the Jets. Screw baseball. It is so simplistic and boring compared to football anyway.

17. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

upstate NY fans, are Bills fans. They may not want to be, but they are. They love the bills no matter how terrible they are.

I know because I am stuck living among them.

There are steelers fans around, but the predominant fans are Bills fans, followed by the Patriots...

The steelers might, MIGHT be third as they are pretty close in following to the Giants and the Jets are at the bottom. Or I should say were, until Rex Ryan arrived.

Oh and I am curious, where upstate? I'm from the Rochester area.

18. YankeeSteel

YankeeSteel Banned

I'm from Cuse, so right around that region. Plus Pittsburgh isn't to far away from Cuse either. It's a good 6 hour drive down there, and I can watch the Steelers and Penguins dominate the other half of the NY teams lol.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

you're at least 14 years old.

6 hr drive is far.

What Xbox game did you play?

20. YankeeSteel

YankeeSteel Banned

I'm 14? Okaaaaay umm no not 14 try much much older. Xbox games? Ehh the only game I played was whats in your girlfriends mouth last night!! Theehe