Gotta be honest, I'm worried about a letdown

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjet0912, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Neelz

Neelz New Member

Just one correction. The Ravens did not have a good offensive show. They had 128 yards of total offense. The only time the Steelers held an opponent to fewer yards in a playoff game was during the Steel Curtain days and they held Minnesota to 126 total yards in the SuperBowl.

I also think Flacco is a better QB than Sanchez. He has a stronger arm with a 94 regular season QB rating and Sanchez with his below average 75 QB rating.

2. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

I was worried. But I think we'll be alright.

Pittsburgh has been a vulnerable team all year.they had no business winning that Baltimore game. It was a complete meltdown. I expect some big special teams play in our favor. Either a run past midfield or two, or a touchdown return

It should be close though.

I'm not a believer in the steelers wrs. Sanders and brown don't scare me.

3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I think we are thinking of how we feel as fans rather than thinking about the players might feel about the games

4. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Every die hard jets fan has that let down in the back of his mind considering the last 3 AFC Title games we've been too we shit the bed in the 2nd Half... The feel to me is much different this time around, Much more positive for us but you never know.

5. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

You can add Taylor and Ellis to this list too. We have enough vets to remind the young guys what it takes to get to this point and how rarely it happens 2 years in a row, like never for the Jets. If they play with same confidence and execution, there should leave Pitts. with a win. The Ravens had a few sloppy plays and collapsed, I don't see Rex letting that happen......

6. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I agree, we need to dominate on ST because that is the biggest difference between these two teams. B Smith's runback to begin the game took so much pressure off the rest of the team going into a harsh environment.

The Ravens loss had a lot to do with their CB play melting down and letting up huge plays down the sidelines. That is the last place they will be successful against us

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Last week I repeated my mistake of doubting a Rex Ryan team in the playoffs. I don't think I'll be able to make that mistake again. Ben Roethlisberger is going down.

8. pittguy578

pittguy578 New Member

The Ravens OFFENSE put up a good show? It was one of the worst performances by a playoff team in recent memory. They had 130 yards TOTAL OFFENSE. Steelers defense dominated.

9. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

I think what you saw with Indy was Rex trying to overcome a personal demon in Manning and with the Pats it was a division rival that has owned the Jets for the better part of a decade, but for the Steelers it is just a mutual respect football game for the right to go to the big show. No need for talk, hype, agendas - just go out and take care of business. This week is all about quiet confidence and focus - that is what the Jets are doing!

10. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

he showed you! haha eat it!

11. rex'n'effects

rex'n'effects New Member

i think the new england game was more about passion and beating those guys down. winning this game will rely more on offensive execution and containing roethlisberger...playing with our heads as well as our hearts.

12. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

There's no letdowns for an AFCCG. If, and that's a big if, we lose it's because Pittsburgh's not a bad team at all. Having said that, I think we win, but this is just another SOPJF thread. Awesome.

13. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Is this the same guy who started the infamous '0-5' thread?

14. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

No, that was a different SOPJF thread started by another great "fan."

15. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Terrific. Might as well call it 'Overanalysis of emotions and other SOPJF bullshit, vol. III'.

16. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

I hate to use this analogy, but I feel like it fits perfectly.

After the Red Sox came back from down 3-0 against the Yankees, everyone thought they blew their emotional load and might fall apart In the WS. But what happened? They rodae their emotional high and swept their way to a championship. I think we can do that same thing. If we play our next two games as well as we played the last, we can win the next two in convincing fashion.

#76 Jets42long, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  17. ArgyleFury

ArgyleFury New Member

This game will not be lost from lack of effort. This is the last barrier between the lifelong dream of every Jet player/coach/fan. Think about that. Effort will be 110%. Once again, they are the better team on paper imo. Execute and they win.

18. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

If this was last year I'd probably agree... but most of the players on this roster know how it's like to be 30 min from the SB and lose it all... they'll want to get there bad this time around!

Plus I expect some extra motivation from guys like Taylor, LT and T-Rich who know their NFL career clock is ticking...

19. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

I hope the edge for us is derived from us again being slighted from the media. Although I just heard Bill Simmons pick us last night on Micheal Kay's show. He knows his football it was good to hear that.

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

If we didn't play in the Championship game last year and lost or Bart and Rex have not lost the last 2 Championship games, I might be worried. All they need to do is remember the blue and white confetti and the flight home. Its not an issue, not turning the ball over is.