Typical Hate (Cnnsi) All Pro Team

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tanknyc, Jan 18, 2011.

1. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Awards
    MVP: Tom Brady, QB, New England. Stopped being a race when Mike Vick had his non-factor final two weeks.

Coach: Bill Belichick, New England. Narrowly over Raheem Morris of the stunningly 10-6 Bucs, because Belichick oversaw the revamping of his offense with a great personnel and coaching job, winning 14 games.

Executive: Scott Pioli, GM, Kansas City. Again, narrowly over the Bucs' Mark Dominik, whose team played 13 rookies in winning games at season's end. But Pioli's draft (strong character players and impact rookies), and the Chiefs winning the AFC West, gave him the edge.

Offensive player: Tom Brady, QB, New England. Hard to beat out a guy with 36 touchdowns against only four interceptions.

Defensive player: Julius Peppers, DE, Chicago. Matthews and Cameron Wake my 2-3.

Offensive rookie: Sam Bradford, QB, St. Louis. Played every snap and had a better season than Mark Sanchez (look it up), and still I strong considered Steeler center Maurkice Pouncey, who played like an eight-year vet from August on.

Defensive rookie: Ndamukong Suh, DT, Detroit. Ten sacks with the amount of focus and pressure that was on him? Amazing. Edged Devin McCourty. Though I have McCourty as one of my corners and Suh not on my D-line, Suh had a better year than McCourty.

Comeback player: (tie) EJ Henderson, LB, Minnesota; Michael Vick, QB, Philadelphia. Comeback player can mean coming back from anything -- injury, jail, whatever -- and I realize Vick was on the team last year and just didn't play much. I was solid on Henderson all along, but Vick's resurgence was so compelling and so great that I had to include him.

All-Pro Offense
    WR: Calvin Johnson, Detroit; Roddy White, Atlanta. Sorry, Brandon Lloyd and Reggie Wayne. You're both deserving. I just loved the year Johnson had in scraping together 77 catches and 12 touchdowns with subpar quarterbacks throwing to him.

TE: Marcedes Lewis, Jax. Over Antonio Gates because Gates missed so much time.

T: Jake Long, Miami; Marshal Yanda, Baltimore. I went tough at tackle. Two warriors here, particularly Long, who played so much of the year with a torn labrum.

G: Ryan Lilja, K.C.; Rich Seubert, Giants. Seubert's here, edging Brandon Moore of the Jets, because I thought he had a superb year of versatility. Seubert started 7 games at center, so it is difficult for me to exclude someone who played 16 games at the guard position, but he was such a versatile fireman for the Giants, he definitely deserved a place on this team.

C: Alex Mack, Cleveland. Doubt this? Watch the job Mack did on Vince Wilfork in the Browns' beatdown of the Patriots.

QB: Tom Brady, New England.

RB: Arian Foster, Houston. Won the rushing title and caught the ball well out of the backfield. Even so, I thought long and hard about Jamaal Charles here.

FB: Ovie Mughelli, Atlanta. Blocks as well as any fullback in the game. Huge edge for Michael Turner.

All-Pro Defense
    DE: Vince Wilfork, NE; Julius Peppers, Chicago. Wilfork played everywhere on the Pats' line, and played everywhere well.

NT: Kyle Williams, Buffalo. No other nose man is the combo pile-pusher and backfield invader that Williams is.

DT: Jonathan Babineaux, Atlanta. Love how he moves so powerfully through guard-tackle and guard-center holes. He's one of the long-overdue guys to get credit for the Falcons' defense.

OLB: Clay Matthews, Green Bay; Cameron Wake, Miami. Two tremendous pass rushers who don't take plays off. Pretty hard to not put Terrell Suggs somewhere on this team, but these guys, I thought, were two of the most dangerous rush 'backers in the league this year.

ILB: Lawrence Timmons, Pittsburgh. Represents James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley here. Could have picked any of the three. Love the way Timmons moves sideline to sideline and covers as well as any other inside 'backer.
    MLB: Ray Lewis, Baltimore. Don't believe the hype that this is it for Lewis. He played great this year.

CB: Nnamdi Asomugha, Oakland; Devin McCourty, NE. McCourty makes it because Darrelle Revis was just OK for much of the middle part of the year because of his bad hammy, and because I thought Brandon Flowers had a so-so end of the year. Tramon Williams also very close here.

FS: Chris Harris, Chicago. Edged Nick Collins of the Packers. The Bear-turned-Panther-turned-Bear-again is a strong open-field tackler and had big picks against the Eagles and Vikes.

SS: Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh. Missed two games and had a couple in which he had little impact because of his ankle/Achilles issues. Still the most instinctive safety in football.
    Let the arguments begin.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20.../18/nfl-all-pro-team/index.html#ixzz1BRlDiDS4

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Mangold?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

3. REVIS ISLAND 619

REVIS ISLAND 619 New Member

There's no KR/PR?? No Brad Smith love??

4. Jetcentric28

Jetcentric28 New Member

McCourty over Revis is absurd beyond words.

5. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

This is retarded, but hey at least we are going to be Super Bowl champs.

6. Jam.

Jam. Banned

McCourty over Revis literally made me dizzy.

7. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Wasn't this holier then thou peter kings list?

8. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Lol McCourty.......10 bucks Belichick has a picture of Peter King doing the Buffalo Bill pose from Silence of the Lambs, during a night of heavy drinking.

Ladies and Gentleman, Peter King drunk :

[​IMG]

#8 Miamipuck, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yes

The thread starter should have mentioned King. I had to click on the link to see who wrote the article.

10. pisano24

pisano24 Member

How about Rex for Coach of the Year? He only takes a young QB to back to back Cham games!!!

No Mangold and Revis means he doesn't watch football.

Clay Matthews takes DPY easily.

Ray Lewis still... really? Quickly name ten LBs you'd rather have right now... it's not hard.

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

All-Pro selections and all the awards are based on the regular season only.

I made my own selections recently and had Julius Peppers as the defensive player of the year. It is not outrageous that anybody would have Peppers at 1 and Matthews at 2.

12. steves850

steves850 Active Member

This list defies all football logic. Complete block of shit.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

if mangold isn't the pick for centeri would have went with pouncey.
    i mean having to snap the ball and get ready to take on a dt at the same time being bent over in front of a rapist must take some kind of concentration.

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

did you really need to?

this thing wreaked of Pats homer

15. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Harris, Scott, Willis, Dansby, Timmons, Matthews, Cushing, Urlacher, Mayo, Ware.

Wow, that was easy.

McCoury and Ware over Revis and Mangold is an absolute joke, by the way. Thankfully the Jets are still in contention, so we don't have to obsess over Peter fucking King's all-pro votes.

16. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

marshal yanda? i live in bmore the fans here are trying to run that guy out of town

17. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Need more patsies.

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

You listed some outside linebackers there. The All-Pro teams have to have middle or inside linebackers on them. I thought pisano24's point was that there were some better choices at MLB than Lewis.

19. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Yea what a joke, lets put a guy in who had one good game against this specific player instead of the guy who had 3 (or 2 if they are just counting regular season). Not to mention Pouncy.

McCourtney? HA yea whatever, King was looking at his blue and silver dildo during this article.

20. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Yeah he really deserved it because while Revis was shutting down the patriots bitch receivers Mccourty was getting dragged into the end zone by Braylon.

No Mangold ? NO CREDIBILITY, FUCK YOU.