Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Hue Jackson (Rex's guy) just got the raiders gig.

IF it were me....I'd let Schotty take Cavanaugh, and Bring in Henning (OC) and Hackett(QB coach) and go back to building Chad Pennington with an arm.

2. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Only because I feel that a more-competent, balanced OC could do even more with Sanchez than Shottenheimer has. Half the time, this guy's playcalling leaves you watching the game as you scratch your head in amazement, and that's not a good thing.

3. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Braylon Edwards touched on why the offense starts off slow in his interview after the game, his quote was "we try to find out what the defense is trying to do and then we adjust while trying to get everyone in a rhythm".

So I guess the Jets use some scripted plays in the beginning and then adjust.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Doing better is always a possibility, and I WAS very disturbed by some of those second and short pass calls when the running game was wearing NE down.

But despite your point, unless and until the Jets can do better by bringing some new OC in, they won't be getting rid of BS.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He has a 2nd year QB who had 16 starts in college, he has done a GREAT job developing Sanchez. W/ any OC there will be games where we scratch our heads w/ playcalls but more often than not it comes down to execution. When Mark is on the money, when our Ol is blokcing, when our RBs are hitting the holes, when our receivers are catching balls our offense loos pretty damn good but when mark is off the amrk, the OL isn't creating holes or protecting the QB, the RBs have nowhere to run and the receivers are dropping balls no playcalling can overcome that.

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I swear only a Jets fan would be wishing for the OC to be fired the week they are preparing to play in their 2nd straight AFCCG. Jets fans are so embarrassingly stupid.

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

The percentage outside the numbers and/or down the field compared to 4-5 yard passes that establish rhythm, percentage and rating are backwards.

That's the issue.

Since Pitt...he's been fixing that though he got away from it against Indy.

8. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

You do realize that the guys in bold are universally despised by the fans that watch them every week, right?

The fact that we are one game away from a Super Bowl with a 2nd year quarterback, and some fans are crying for the OC to be replaced by Cam fucking Cameron is literally mind boggling to me.

9. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

All head coaching jobs taken and the Jets back in the AFC championship game means one thing. Schotty is gonna be back next year to piss you guys off one more time.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I can't agree with doing that. That's a move that would make the offense go backwards.

This team has a QB who can make all the throws, we don't need to pussify him.

I wanted Hue Jackson, but I bet Rex has another guy in mind. I'll that that mystery coach when schotty leaves.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Cam Cameron has success wherever he goes with QBs. Problem is, those teams can't seem to win the big one.

12. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

I'm a huge Schotty basher but I really do think Schotty is learning, albeit slowly, what it takes to succeed in this league.

Is that a reason to keep him around? Maybe, maybe not. If we get to the SB there is no way he doesn't get an extension.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Agree.

You can't hate him right now. He's doing very well with time and place playcalling, and the Jets are executing better now than ever before.

14. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

2 years running the jets strip down their offense and have success in post season. they don't need all the bells and whistles. they did not help NE, did they? I think BS tries to be too smart and too cute, then Rex tells him to stuff that shit and we do better. No complaints with the play calls the last few weeks, but they have been pretty much bread and butter stuff.

15. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I did not say i wanted any of these guy's as our OC(Bill Callahan Yes), I was responding to a question from a previous poster that was presented to me, his question was, who did I think was a good or great OC and I gave him my response, if you had read my other post I have given BS him the credit he deserves, but I personally would like to see Bill Callahan as our OC IF it ever came to that.

16. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

My mistake. Though I would personally take Schotty over Gilbride, Mornhinweg, Callahan and Cameron any day of the week.

His pet project Beck didn't turn out so great in Miami, but generally you're right--Cameron has had success developing quarterbacks.

On the other hand, his offense in Baltimore was scattershot and disappointing all season, culminating in an absolute abortion of a performance against Pittsburgh last week. If people think that Schottenheimer gets too cute, they need to watch a few Ravens games before hopping on the Cameron bandwagon.

17. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Cam-Cam, the lemon-headed idiot? Oh hell no. I'd stick with Schotty over that moron any day of the week.

18. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Rex believes in Schotty. That's good enough for me.

All the Schotty haters blame Schotty for the mistakes but when something good happens it's Rex or Sanchez coming through.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

That's what a hater does.

I've been critical, but he seems to love January. Let's hope he's twice as good in February.

20. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

This man must be destroyed. I don't give a shit if it's by firing him, or by fire itself...Get him the fuk OUT before he Ends Sanchez's Career!!!