Bar to watch the AFCCG in

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jesterjetman, Jan 17, 2011.

1. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

The new village pourhouse in Hoboken has been awesome. We have gone there for the last two games and it has been pure bedlam. Fills up real fast tho. They had to stop letting people in that had no reservations for tables by like 345. Cheap too. Mad beer and food specials during the game.

2. JetsFM

JetsFM New Member

Columbus, Ohio

Hi guys, never posted here before, but I was hoping someone may know a spot around OSU friendly to the Jets. Thanks!

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Wow. An obvious troll.

4. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Stout on 33rd across from Penn Station is great. Fills up fast though. We already booked our table. Can't wait!!

5. kinggofg

kinggofg Active Member

I went and saw a game in Jersey city at Zeppelin.

The place is HUGE, think big ass German beer garden. Fantastic beers, plus really good german bar food. It can probably hold 2000+ people.

They put the games via projector on 3 or 4 walls.

I think there are some beer gardens in BK or other Boroughs. I would avoid Manhattan for sure. For a $2 subway or PATH ride you will save tons of money and aggravation.

If we beat the steelers, there won't be a bar in the tri-state area that isn't going apeshit. I was in AC this past weekend and the bars were going crazy.

6. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

that place is the tits during octoberfest. spaten in the steins all night with some cheddarwurst. :up:

7. kinggofg

kinggofg Active Member

I don't think anyone but tourists go out in that area.

Go to Queens. You can hop on the subway from 57/7th. When you are done partying your ass off, get a cab back. Its REALLY easy. Everyone who visits NYC should leave the midtown area. 32nd to 60th and 9th Ave to 2nd Ave is a wasteland that most NY who don't work there never go to.

If you have to go out near there, I have been to Rosie O'Gradys and its not bad for after work. I imagine it would be good for football too.

8. NYS1

NYS1 New Member

Anyplace recommended in Westchester?

9. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Manhattan is full of good sports bars, Irish pubs, and Jets friendly places to watch game. You don't know what your talking about. Just because your cheap doesn't mean other people are. You're telling an out of towner to go to Queens but have no specific suggestions because you don't know shit. edit--I forgot to mention that Rosie O'Grady's is the worst suggestion by far.

#29 concussion80, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  10. MoLewisSoNasty

MoLewisSoNasty New Member

For all Jets fans living in Arizona, the "Official Jets Bar" is K O'DONNELS in Scottsdale, AZ!

I'm one of about 50 Jets fans who gather each week to watch the game with relocated New Yorkers who bleed Green and White. It's a great atmosphere, and encourage anyone living out here to join us Sunday for the game.

11. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

12. Salz

Salz New Member

The Stumble Inn is probably the best Jets bar in Manhattan. Off The Wagon is owned by the same people but it's downtown. The Stumble Inn is a tiny place that gets really crowded and uncomfortable, but it's extremely electric. I've never seen anything like it. It's on 76th and 2nd.

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I don't know if they get a specifically Jet crowd, but check out the Pig and Whistle on 47th, just east of Seventh. The second floor is a pretty primo setting to see a game in. It's an Irish bar, too, which for me is a huge plus.

Faces and Names on 54th just east of Seventh is another bar I like in your area, but I've never been there for a Jet game, so... Looks like a good setting for it, though.

There's also a bar I forget the name of on 50th just west of Broadway, south side of the block, about 100 feet west of the corner, lots of tv's and good seats in there. Big place. Wish I could remember the name.

14. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

#34 concussion80, Jan 18, 2011
  15. Tooooooon!!!

Tooooooon!!! New Member

Hoboken is such a front runner town. I have lived there for almost 6 years now and a small group of friends and I were basically the only Jets fans to be seen on Sundays. Starting last season I gave up on that Giant town and took my fan talents to the Stumble Inn on the UES.

The Pourhouse is a fun bar and I am sure the environment is good due to the bandwagon jumpers, but I rather deal with them in a real "Jets Bar", than one in a town where Giants, Eagles, Steelers, and Cowboy fans outnumber Jets fans less than 5 miles from their home stadium.

16. Salz

Salz New Member

Yeah Stumble Inn, wooooo!

17. JetsFM

JetsFM New Member

"Wow. An obvious troll."

Not exactly. Have to be at the Med Center there monday morning. So unfortunately: flight from NY on Sunday afternoon, and I was looking to do better than the airport bar.

#37 JetsFM, Jan 18, 2011