Was That the Best Jets Win of Your Lifetime?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Namath2Kolber, Jan 17, 2011.

?

Best Jets Win of Your Lifetime?

Poll closed Mar 18, 2011.
  1. Yes

87.7%
  2. No, I'm old enough to remember the Superbowl victory

7.1%
  3. No, I can think of some other better game

5.2%
  1. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

I'm 27.

AND YES IT WAS!!!!!!

2. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Close call for me, but I have to go with the Chargers win last year. The playoff run was so out of nowhere last year, and nobody picked us to beat the Chargers either. We made it to the AFCCG last year.

Just getting there this year doesn't do it for me, even though it was the Patriots. Our expectations were light years higher this season. We are a better team, and we had already proven we could beat the Patriots earlier in the year.

Now when we win next week, it will be the greatest win of my lifetime... For 2 weeks.

3. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Close but no,

Does anyone here remember the Monday Night Miracle?

And I We were the super champs when I was born. You can do the math, lol.

4. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

Monday Night Miracle was a great game, but we still missed out on the playoffs that year. I see last night has having more meaning because it gets us into the AFCCG.
    I vote yes; hopefully next week I'll a different answer; and a different answer still two weeks after that.

5. Seaman

Seaman New Member

Yes. It was the best win because we didn't win out of any kind of luck or tricky stuff. We dominated the queers.

6. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

9 point dogs. Demolished in the last meeting. Against Brady/Belichick. On the road.

YES. It was the most exciting win. Because the nerves finally burst into joy when Greene scored.

7. Jetcentric28

Jetcentric28 New Member

It was the best win I've ever watched on television. The best win I was fortunate enough to see live, was the 41-0 playoff win over the Colts in 2002-2003.

8. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Greatest win since '68 championship/Super Bowl combo
    You have to take the opponent, the circumstanmces and the predictions into account. Beating Belichek and Brady and making them look sick...

Play-off win vs. Raiders in 82-83 was great, because we all truly believed the Jets had a chance to beat Miami. Similar situation here, many will pick us to beat Pitt.

2000s play-off wins have all been great.

Best regular season victory no one has mentioned: Dec 1988 27-21 vs. Giants, knocking them out of the play-offs

9. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

29 and an emphatic yes!

10. System

System New Member

mentioned on first page

11. thatisjetsfootball

thatisjetsfootball Active Member

YET.... the best game will be in Dallas against the Packers!

12. christianjetfan

christianjetfan New Member

If The Jets win I will reflect over the many years , the heartbreaking losses, 1986,
    1998 leading The Broncos 10-0 at the half , Vinnies achiles injury the next season.
    The great players like Joe Klecko, the Whole Sack Exchange,Freeman Mcneil, Wesley Walker,
    Al Toon, Wayne Chrebet,just to name a few of great Jets who had very little playoff success. We aren`t there yet, losing Sunday would feel like last year, two more wins would be a great fragrance on a long losing history.Let`s get it done, Go Jets, Beat The Steelers then Superbowl 45.I am not a betting man but put 10.00 down on The Jets at 14-1 odds prior to the season, $140.00 would be nice, it was at The Paradise hotel in The Bahamas in February on our cruise.
    Go Jets ! Jets 30 Pittsburg 20, Stay focused, don`t let up now, Don`t look past Pittsburg,We believe .

13. Silencer

Silencer Member

I'm just happy to say that I was there :)

14. Green Pilot

Green Pilot New Member

It really had a similar feel to the Charger win, except it was Brady.. so hell yes.. very much so

15. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Yes. Im 21 years old and that was easily the best win of my lifetime. The Jaguar and Charger wins to go to the AFC Championship game were great as well but they didnt come against a hated division rival.

I love this coach, I love this team. We have the foundation to be successful for a very long time.

16. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I was thinking about it this morning. For all the fans who grew up int he late 80s/early 90s (and the older Jets fans who suffered through them just the same). Who remember Ken O'Brien only during the Bruce Coslet years. Remembering Pete Carroll and who could forget clueless Kotite? Dennis Byrd, the fake spike game, 1-15. Boomer, Reich, Nagle, O'Donnell. I remember these guys being so bad that they were throwing footballs off the referees heads. Going to school every Monday and having all of the Dolphins, 49ers, and Cowboys fans talking trash about my lowly Jets.

Then Parcells comes along. The infamous Leon Johnson end zone interception, week 17 against Detroit. Barry Sanders breaks 2053 against us. In 1998, we had so much hope, and then the 2nd half collapse against Denver. Going into 1999, we felt like it was our year, we were as close as you could be to being on top of the world, then Vinny tears his Achilles. There goes our season. Parcells "retires," then Belicheat takes the job and abandons ship, goes to NE, a team with a history of nothing, and wins 3 SBs all thanks to Mo Lewis hurting Bledsoe and bringing the rise of Tom Brady. Of course on our side we had Al Groh, what a disaster that was. Start out 6-1 and then the wheels fell off.

Soon after we were playing to win the game. There was Chad's shoulder, Doug Brien, Mangini, and Brett f'in Favre. Sure the 2000s were 100 times better than most of the 90s, but we still suffered heart break after heart break.

Then of course in 2009 Rex Ryan came along and it was just the beginning of something that we have never experienced. Sure we fell apart in Indy when Greene and Scott both got hurt. However, those old Jets teams would have started 2010 with big hopes and got shattered.

Today, we are 50% of the way to what we've been waiting for our entire lives, others for 42 years. 50%. 2 of 4. 2 wins is what separates us from glory.

17. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

the jets are goin to the show

was at the game absolutely destroying the morale of the upper levels. voice is shot today haha

such a good GAMEEEEEe

im still so excited