Never more proud to be a Jet fan!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DeathByJets, Jan 17, 2011.

1. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

I'm too young to remember Super Bowl III (born in 1968), but for me last night and the afterglow of this morning has left me as proud as I can be to be a Jet fan.

Since I have been rooting for this team there have been some great moments:

- Monday Night Miracle
    - 1986 O'Brien/Marino Duel
    - Game winning drive last week
    - Green Bay play-in Game
    - Last season's playoff win in San Diego
    - John Hall's 50-yarder
    - Blowout of the Colts in 2002
    - Chrebet flashlight game
    - Fill in the blank with your favorite

But for every great moment you can point to there are 2 or 3 absolutely devastating losses. We all know them and today is not a day to recount them.

However nothing.....I mean NOTHING....compares to what happened yesterday. I'll admit that the past history had me less than confident going into this week's game. Hey, it was Brady and Bellichick and the hated Pats. To dream about beating them seemed like a fantasy. I didn't dare to get my hopes up. It is one thing to win a playoff game. It is another to do it against your most hated rival....who has stood in your way in what seems like forever....in their building.....against their HOF QB......and their HOF coach (who after one day on the job resigned as "HC of the NYJ"). And it certainly doesn't hurt that my a-hole father-in-law is a chowderhead who loves to fallate his idol, Tom Brady (oddly....I've yet to get a congratulatory call from him:up:).

This is not an easy franchise to be a fan of (even at times in this magical season), but today there's nobody more proud of their team than a Jet fan.

If we win next week and then the Super Bowl, all the better (and I know for many of you that is the ONLY thing that will satisfy you)....but nothing could make me more proud of my team, my quarterback, my coach, my GM, my owner, my defense, my WRs, my RBs, my O-line, everything, anything.

I've been waiting for a day like yesterday my whole life.

Thank you New York Jets!

2. CanadaJet

CanadaJet New Member

Great post. Couldn't have said it better myself!

3. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Two more to go bro,two more! :jets:

4. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I'm always proud to be a Jets fan, no matter what happens. Wins are just even sweeter..

5. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I Love my Jets - 42 yrs and counting. It builds character....

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

LifeByJets name change in 3 weeks?

7. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Very well put. Great post.

Today is a good day indeed.

8. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

Well put...this was one of the best wins in a long, long time. Total redemption and more for that shellacking we took last time. Rex and Co. are clearly ridding this team of the ugly demons of the past......and setting us up for continued success......

9. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Great Post, Real stuff right there.

10. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

:smile:

No....I like the name too much, but I've got some ideas about what to do with my signature artwork. Too soon to starting planning just yet.:up:

11. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

What he said.
    My week is determined by Jets results on Sunday/ Monday.
    My wife and kids prey as much as me for a Jets win every week. Proudest day as a Jet fan.

12. Jetserella

Jetserella New Member

fan for 33 years...through good, bad, and ugly...so glad we could put it to those smug arrogant dirty rat bastards...welker sealed the deal when he went after Ryan...defense wasn't having it

13. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Change your username.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Welcome to my world.

Have a seat. Relax. This is a place of awesomeness.

15. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Might pushing it but any herb in this place? Would make it the perfect lounge.

16. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

Greatest, most satisfying win ever for me as a Jets fan. I thought they could win, I picked them to win, told that to anyone who asked me about it, and man it was absolutely the greatest feeling ever to watch them back it all up. Anyone who thought the Jets had little to no shot at winning (F.U. Cowher) either doesn't know football or completely underestimated the Jets. They all thought that the Jets weren't supposed to win this game, that they were supposed to go the usual route of the trash talker that failed between the lines. The Patriots were supposed to do the country a favor by shutting up Rex Ryan, it was supposed to be a coronation for the Pats and affirmation that being stodgy and reciting platitudes is the only way to win in the NFL. Well the f*%*#@ JETS crashed the party. The BAD GUYS won, chew on that.

17. UKGangGreen

UKGangGreen Active Member

I will never forget, after a 7 minute 30 second drive, Brady bouncing around behind his line for about 15 seconds completely unable to find an open receiver.

It epitomised the entire game and the recognition/adjustment that we over blitzed last time but produced the best defensive coverage EVER this time.

Proud of them....

18. Billyorbit

Billyorbit New Member

I became a Jet fan January 12, 1969 , when as an 8 year old boy on his birthday, I watched Joe Namath deliver a Superbowl victory to New York. Since that day, 42 years ago, I have been a dedicated NY Jet fan, and I can honestly say in all those years, never has a Monday been so bright. Never have I been prouder to be a Jet fan than I am today...
    Never have I enjoyed watching a game as I did yesterday. Awesome...just awesome..

19. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

This

filler