Bart Scott: Welker's 'days in a uniform' are numbered

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Jan 15, 2011.

1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

How long have you been watching football? 3 months?

2. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I think Bart Scott does a fine job on the field, I don't understand where all this is coming from. I can understand if you don't like him talking, but don't tell me he needs to work on his game.

3. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

When anyone on the Jets attempts to corkscrew Welker's head off his shoulders in full view of the zebras - and it doesn't even draw a penalty - then the Pats can start complaining about any attempts to injure on the Jets part. . .

Personally, I'd rather Scott said nothing, but this manufactured rage by some Pats fans is a bit much considering Wilfork's and Jared Page's (going after Shonn Green's knees three times late in the 4th Quarter) shenanigans during the last game.

4. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

so you are saying it will be like any other Pats game?

come on man, lettuce be real, the pats are refs darling. you guys get more calls than any other team. Time after time we have seent he pats get bailed out by the refs. y'all wouldntt be dominant team without blatant ref partiality.

5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Sarcasm. All season all we've heard from people who criticize the Jets talk "man why are they talking, they should go watch film...they should go practice" as if instead of practicing and watching film they're going up on their soap box telecasting their grievances live LeBron James "The Decision" style.

Yes instead of preparing for games they're doing stand up routines with the media. As if you win 11 games and get into the divisional round by accident.

6. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

lol...case closed. Exactly what I expected from you. Your responses are idiotic. Case closed. Someone says they hate you...and you call them an asshole. Where I come from..he got off easy.

I wouldnt be going after the media spotlight if I were BB after cheating on his wife..or you alter boy QB who left one woman pregnant with his child for a model.

You can pretend it didnt happen. You can pretend you have not won a Super Bowl without cheating. You might win this game Sunday...but you cant erase the past buddy.

Until you...your Head Coach...and your QB come back and ask forgiveness on this board...dont let the door hit you.

7. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

:rofl:Gisele should bring her fine ass down to jersey and get a load of some real men.

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Football's not dinner in a fancy fucking restaurant. Nothing about it is classy. It's a violent sport.

It always pisses me off when someone complains about athletes being classless.

Bart Scott likes to talk. It's the way he plays the game. I highly doubt it was completely Scott's fault every time the Ravens lost to New England.

No one should have a problem with players talking shit. It's a game. Ray Lewis is one of the most respected athletes in the world and he talks all game, every game.

9. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

You know what, the Patriots should go out of their way to run the ball right at Bart Scott. Just take two linemen and have them run into Bart Scott. David Harris would love that.

10. vertigho

vertigho New Member

I never complained about Rex and his Wife's videos. Never. I complained about Bart Scott clearly putting a bounty on a player over a few sly comments. Does he plan on ending the career of Cromartie, Braylon, and the number of other Jets who have made equally as "questionable" comments as Wes? It's a dumb question on my behalf, but for him to completely ignore what his team has done, and then act like a few comments by a Patriots player (and the only comments by a Patriots player) are worthy of a career ending injury is freaking ludicrous.

I don't agree with what Spikes did, and to be perfectly honest, when I heard about Rex's "videos", I merely chuckled, there was no hate gained. I'm just saying that Bart has gone way to far.

11. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

Talk on the field. That's where you should do all of it if you choose to do so. Doing it through the media is stupid and pointless. All of this crap this week is pointless because nobody is going to care tomorrow night what Welker, Rex, Cromartie, etc. say. All people are going to care about is if they are still playing this season,

12. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Way to miss the point.

13. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Don't worry about penalties guys, Revis is gonna be blanketing Welker and his gay ass option routes all game.

14. jaywayne12

A bounty..what the hell am I reading today? Has everyone up in New England gone soft? A bounty? I read it as if he can take a good shot at the little midget..he would. A bounty? Is this a friggin western movie we will watch tomorrow or a football game.

When has a player that has made a threat to another play every killed that player. When did the Pats fans become so soft and sensitive?

15. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

tell Welker to wear a diaper. cause he might relieve himself seeing Bart on the other side

16. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

Considering Scott won't be able to stay with him, I would think Welker would love to see this.

17. jaywayne12

Quite honestly, I would prefer to have a coach that coaches this way. The problem is that we have two coaches tomorrow.

One doesnt adhere to that theory and one pretends to adhere to that theory.

Which is worse? A coach that allows his starters to be on the field passing the ball up by 42? A coach that allows his cheating qb who left his pregnant wife for a model to point at the opposition when the score is 38-3?

Or the coach that tells it like it is that the other team is a bunch of phonies.

Im not crazy about either but I really see no difference at all.

18. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

Again, I am not talking about any of that, I am simply stating that it seems like an ill-timed quote due to the fact that the teams are about to play and you have put something into the officials mind that could come into play even if something was unintentional.

Simple point, or at least I thought so. In a game where every down is vital, to put yourself and your team in a situation where you could be the victim of a bad/wrong call seems a bit illogical.

Something like Cro, Welker or Mangold said doesn't do that. One could debate their merits, but their comments don't make the officials watch the game with a biased eye towards a penalty.

19. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

That's right, Brady is an asshole, there's no dispute about that. :rolleyes: That is what you said isn't it?

But Ryan does like to go for the media spotlight doesn't he? It may not be fair but that's how it works in the internet connected 21st century.

It's being erased as we speak. Every year that the Patriots continue to be a force in the NFL the clearer it is that the Patriots have just been a powerhouse franchise. If they win the SB this year, only the bitter will still be hanging on to the cheater label.

Right.

20. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

You are right, its hard for a pro athlete to run 18 feet. Or, just beat the shit out of Welker at the line, and not let him run 18 feet.