Bart Scott: Welker's 'days in a uniform' are numbered

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Jan 15, 2011.

1. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

That gives him a better shot.

2. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

And how could we forget Brandon "Cheap Shot" Merriweather?

3. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I don't know. Maybe. You know how everyone always complains how the Patriots like to run up the score. Normally I say no, it's football but if the Pats have a chance to do that on Sunday, they just might.

4. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Wes Felcher is a little shrimp. Bart Scott should take it out on somebody more his own size.

Like Tom Brady.

5. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Who was it that cheap shot Ihedigbo's knee that night? Was it the mighty Gronkowski? Another example of Pats class, huh?

6. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

There is no running up the score. This isn't the NHL and there's no "ooooh, mustn't offend the football gods" bullshit. If there are points to be scored you score them; the Pats scored 45 of them against the Jets because the Jets stunk. If you think that they wouldn't have done the same had it been the Bills or the Dolphins or even the fucking Seahawks, you're an idiot.

7. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I'm going to give you the pass on that one, because Belichick runs the score up all the time. Not just that game. You'd think he was trying to win the BCS.
    And, you know what? I don't care. They're well within their rights to do whatever they want, imho. I'm just shocked no one's taken one of your players out yet. That's my only surprise.

8. jaywayne12

Listen, if all you pat fans want to pretend your team never cheated...and that they paid the biggest fine in the history of the NFL...and that your qb was pointing over to our bench during the last blowout..and that YOUR qb said he HATES the Jets long before Cromartie made his comments....live in your little fake fandom bubble.

Continue to pretend that your stadium was never near empty during the bad days. Come on to a Jet Message Board and pretend that you are long lost bleeding heart Pat fans even during the real bad days.

Dont be surprised when your qb..who left his pregnant lady and hooked up with a model..is attacked. Dont be shocked when your HC was caught doing something that the NFL tried to sweep under the carpet..thats how bad it was..and then fined the shit out of them.

As Jet fans, we respect the heck out of what they have done...but take the "we only have choir boys on our team and a straight shooting, church going..honest as can be coach" bullshit and shove it.

#68 jaywayne12, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

You think people hate teams because of their payroll? dude, you must be young.

- The Pats coach pissed on our organizations face
    - They won their 1st few SB's with a slew of ex JETS
    - Favoritism
    - In our division
    - Our LB kickstarted their entire run

There is so many instances of this team and ours going head to head on and off the field

10. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Like the Patriots tampering with Belichick in 1999-2000 ???

11. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Quoted for perfection.

12. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

why don't you try saying that to him on the dolphins board and see what happens!

13. skeleton_frames

I love how the Jets run around saying whatever they want and it's just confidence, but when someone else says something, they've gone too far.

Just do up your chin strap Bart and concentrate on having this organization show up in Foxboro for a change.

Talk after you win.

Go Jets.

14. vertigho

vertigho New Member

The league needs to take action here. This is essentially putting a bounty on a player, which is simply ridiculous. I don't necessarily agree with what Welker said, but when one (Rex and his wife) publicly post "the" videos, they immediately become everyone business. If he didn't want people commenting on them, he never should have released the videos.

15. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

One thing I will say is that at least the Jets just come out and say it instead of trying to be cute about it.

Not that I really care because none of it matters tomorrow but I can see why the Pats brand of trash talk would annoy someone like Bart Scott who isn't afraid to say what he is thinking.

16. skeleton_frames

This is true. Hope the Jets can back it up this time.

And I suppose that the difference is that Rex & Co aren't dragging up personal life stuff.

17. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Fixed your post.

18. jaywayne12

Exactly UK. He came across to the media as being witty. Where most of us come from, a guy that pulls that pussy crap would get his little 5'2 frame ass kicked.

If he came out and said "Rex has a lot nerve talking shit with all thats going on his personal life" touche.

But he did what all little nerds do.

Now, I agree with posters that enough is enough...go prove it on the field. That doesnt mean if I see the little midget face down after a big hit..I will not be smirking...of course I hope he is ok though. Yeah...thats sounds right.

19. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

boo-fucking-hoo. The league needs to take action? These two teams clearly hate each other and both have said plenty. Just let them fucking play on Sunday.
    Again...your fucking rookie linebacker made a video with someone, NOT HIS WIFE, sucking his dick. just saying....

20. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

Not sure what this does other than make the refs watch the Jets D now with a flag in hand. Any questionable hit on Welker has the possibility of being flagged for more than deserved.

Are we really on threats of personal violence now? Sorry, but this has gone from fun to a bit questionable. I foresee the NFL stepping in in the offseason with some new rules about trash talking. I don't think Goodell wants the WWE.

EDIT - Just saw on PFT that the league is already stepping in. This was hard to predict. The Jets and Pats are acting like 3 year olds in a sandbox.

#80 Dirtywater, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011