What's wrong with Patrick?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bird_1972, Jun 20, 2006.

1. ColezDeep!

ColezDeep! New Member

I don't think Young can even spell Tennessee.

Clemens has much better mechanics and a superior release.
    Good luck with Young.

2. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Vince Young is way overrated anyways we got D'Brick which was a huge need. Vince Young will have to become a WR.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Um, what? No he won't. Vince Young is a player, dude.

4. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

Well from what I read and heard (on draft day) Clemens ran a similar offense as Vince, but ran it far more efficiently.

5. njjet

njjet Member

Young is a better athlete and will make some team a great QB. Our needs were to great on the OL to pick Young. Clemens will work out just fine in our system. With a good OL most QBs will do well in the NFL. :jets:

6. SMoss89

SMoss89 New Member

The Year before we could of gotten a first rounder. Problem was we needed Patrick(which we really didnt, but we thought we did) so we kept him.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think Vince Young is a fantastically talented quarterback, and I think that with the right coaching and given enough time to develop he will probably be MVP material someday... or that's my somewhat educated guess in an offseason before he takes a snap is anyway.

But I think the Jets made an excellent choice with Clemens, because by all accounts he will be ready to take the helm sooner than most of the other QBs drafted, and is a better choice for our situation.

The combination of Clemens/Mangold/Ferguson makes it easy for me to stomach not taking one of the media-adored playmakers in the early first round.

8. lightning

lightning Active Member

YES!!!!!!!

9. Borgata

Borgata Active Member

This is abit off topic from where we are now but after reading it in the Skins forum I had to share!!!

What a great idea I just wish I thought of it why not put Kellen Clemens on the Practice Squad :rofl2:

10. azjet

azjet New Member

He knows the full playbook, it's a WCO variation, right? And Bollingers "leg up" on Ramsey is that he can run. All those who think the rookie QB is the future, at least spell his name right and your point may have a little more credibility.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

From what I've read and heard from Schotty, it's going to be a run and gun type of offense.

12. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

Couldn't agree more with that assessment. Given time, the Titans could really bank on VY's skill. I wouldn't rush to start him. Wouldn't.

13. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

I dunno where you would've seen that we're running a run and gun {what Spurrier ran}.

Not only does that seem highly unlikely -- you need 3 or 4 very good wrs, but it also exposes the QB to massive annhilation.....but I don't believe anyone within the Jets organization has has revealed a thing about what we're doing on either side of the ball besides the standard wiff, "it'll be flexible".

14. skinman1

skinman1 New Member

Well Ramsey has always struggled early.Ramsey will never be a scrambling Q.B. and needs a good O-line to keep him off of his back.I guess if I was the coach I would want a q.b that could Scramble,throw balls with touch,throw a rocket for 60 yards and play mistake free football.I don't know Ramsey better get the others down perfect(Never will happen scrambling).I guess this season will tell it all for him.

15. You mean AJ Feeley right?

16. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

The high point of this is at least the Redskins fans still like him. If his old team still likes him after he has demanded out of Washington a couple times-then he must have done something good that has made him happy

17. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

I'm personally a big Ramsey fan. He was better in college than Pennington, Bollinger or Clemens with comparable to worse talent and that was not too long ago. I think that he has a lot of potential to be a good NFL QB, though I don't think he will ever be a superstar probowler.

18. vilmas our future51

vilmas our future51 New Member

He could be a solid backup, He reakky took control at the end of the season