This Pats team is not THAT good!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjet0912, Jan 11, 2011.

1. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I like the tits on your avatar dude, but i don't think you are counting correctly. If the Pats win the SB this year (I'm an optimist) They would pick 17, 32, 33, 64, 74, and 96. Still nice, but not as good as you post.

2. CROS9KIDS2

CROS9KIDS2 New Member

if there not that good and beat jets 45-3, then how good are the jets?

3. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

Who is there ?

Rob gronkowski ?

4. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

If the Jets suck and are 1-1 against the pats this year, how good are the pats?

5. dbro

dbro New Member

Don't kid yourself(everyone). We all know the Pats are far better than the jets. Ryan has the team in a bad place, he's acting like a 14 year old. The jets have a slim chance at winning this game, if that. And if they lose, it will be incredibly embarrassing. The antics from the players and Ryan towards the Pats are not a big deal, but they definitely aren't going to help. And they will only make a loss that much worse.

I don't think the win in week 2 has anything to do with this game, except giving the jets false confidence. The Pats team from week 13, not week 2, will show up on Sunday.

6. Wait...so, the Jets are supposed to lose, they're playing a "far better" team, but it would be "incredibly embarrassing" if they lost?

That makes zero sense.

That is, unless you are a partisan Pats fan who really believes your team is 40 points better than everyone else in the league.

7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Who else do they need?

8. JetsteJ

JetsteJ New Member

I would feel better if we had a Woody

It's tough getting business done without a Woody

9. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

The Pats are better at QB and HC, but nothing else. Literally, the Jets are better at every other position aside from DT (only because Pouha is the most under-rated player in the NFL). So, how are the Pats far better? You put a better qb on this team, and the Jets would beat the Pats by 3 td's, easily.

As for slim chance of winning, I am sure you said the same before week 2, and about the Seahawks last week.

Oh, and which is, are the antics not a big deal, or will they not help? Cant be both.

And, I am glad you know which Pats team will show up. Glad you used your ability to see the future to know that.

In conclusion, I cant wait for the Pats to lose so idiots like you feel dumb. Because for fans of a flawed Pats team to think they are locks because they have played above etheir talent level for 16 weeks is a fucking joke, and you all deserve the garbage you will take if your supposidly legendary team loses. And make no mistake, the pressure is not on the Jets, its on the Pats, because everyone is making the Pats out to be legendary when they are really a mediocre team led by 2 assholes, with not much talent after that.

10. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

I love how some people think they talk tough just cause they use profanity. Lame.

11. JetsteJ

JetsteJ New Member

A Pats fan in my office said that the Pats of 2011 are the best team ever in a rebuilding year. He has a point about all the rookies and player with less than two years experience, but rebuilding ....I don't think so!!

12. JetsteJ

JetsteJ New Member

He's right they get another first round pick from Oakland along with another 2nd and 3rd round pick from something else.

13. Dufflebagz

Dufflebagz New Member

2 positions?

How about RB....you didn't see this coming did you? Lawfirm rushed for the most yards in the AFC East and Woodhead had 5.6 ypc (I'm not even gonna get into receiving for Woody)

How about safety? Smith, Pool, Ihedigbo? Really? Sanders, Chung, Meriweather win that easily.

Were you implying that Pouha is better than Big Vince?...lol

Do I even have to explain the TE's?

How about Mankins vs Slauson? Advantage Pats

I could make an argument at ILB....

14. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

If that's the case then Rex Ryan must be the worst coach in the world to have the Jets butts kicked so throughly in the game of the year. Either that or all that talent is woefully overrated. San Diego East? I don't think you can have it both ways. What were the big wins that the Jets had this year anyways? Maybe the Jets as a whole are just overrated? It's almost as if they are trying to convince themselves they are better then they are. I wonder if they don't win this weekend if the whole team is going to melt down.

#154 PatsFan2003, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  15. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

You really think Ben Jarvis Green Smith Jones Dikembe Mutumbo Ellis and Danny Fuckhead are better than LT and Shonn Greene?

The Pats have the better 1-2 punch @ TE with Henandez and the immortal Gronkowski but I think Keller is the most talented of the group.

Wilfork is better than Pouha

Who cares about Mankins vs Slauson? Both the Jets and Patriots offensive lines are very good.

Harris+Scott > Mayo+Spikes (unless Spikes isn't the other ILB?)

16. Dufflebagz

Dufflebagz New Member

BJGE and Woody have played better than LT an Shonn Greene...so, ya.

Don't forget Guyton at ILB, he makes big plays on passing downs while Spikes shuts down the run.

17. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Ellis ran for 1008 yards, LT ran for 914 yards but sat out against the Bills. Considering the way Joe McKnight ran in that game I bet LT would have ran for well over 100 yards in that game which would have put him in the lead in the AFC East for rushing yards.

18. Dufflebagz

Dufflebagz New Member

Lawfirm was stuck in the RB by committee till week 3 and even after that there were a couple games where it went back to by committee.

19. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I thought the Jets made a mistake picking up LT and dropping Jones. That said, I'd give the edge to Greene and LT over our backs. Ellis has had a nice solid season, and Woodhead is doing a great job playing Faulk. The fact is that brady makes it all go for the Pats. Teams need to keep extra DBs in the game and the threat of him picking teams apart opens lanes for the running game.

If Greene and LT were on the Pats they would have been meven more successful than they were this year, because teams were more willing to stack the box and make Sanchez try and beat them.

Just my opinion.

20. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I certainly agree with you that the Pats have the edge in alot more than 2 positions, but I think the jets RB duo is a bit better.