Which loss would you rather avenge in the third round?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pereiro16, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

Not to sound cocky or arrogant by looking ahead, this is just speculation... I know this weekend is going to be the toughest challenge and we're not guaranteed a win...

So with this whole "Jets Revenge Tour" I ask...

Would you rather avenge the recent Week 1 loss to Baltimore, or the Doug Brien game in 2005?

Is the Doug Brien game still significant or did we erase that this season when we went into Pitt and won?

2. steveo2358

steveo2358 New Member

I would definitely have to say the Ravens. I've wanted to play them again since the second the Monday night game was over.

3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

If we make it out alive Sunday I'd rather play the Ravens because I feel we match up better and if we lose in the AFC championship I'd rather see the Ravens in the SB vs the Steelers.

4. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

Ravens for sure if that happened.

5. panos

panos New Member

Am I the only one who considers this thread as a jinx?

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

yes you are

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'm just praying that we figure out a way to beat the Pats in Foxboro coming off a bye week. If we can do that I don't give a flying fuck we who face. I hope everyone realizes just how tall of a task that is. BB is undefeated on divisional weekend when he has the bye.

8. HighFlyingJets

Give me Pittsburgh.

Beating Ray Lewis & the Ravens would be something to be proud of, but nothing would be like beating Big Ben & the Steelers. Can you imagine the type of respect our defense would earn under Rex Ryan, after beating 3 SB champions in Peyton Manning & the Colts, Tom Brady & the Patriots, along with Big Ben & the Steelers; to advance to the super bowl? That would become a feat that would be talked about for many of years to come.

How many championships do the Patriots, Steelers & Colts combine for over the past 10 years? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm counting 7?

Our defense wouldn't be the only aspect of the Jets turning heads either, could you imagine the type of lime-light that would surround Sanchez? He'd have a freaking 5-1 career playoff record, with W's over Palmer, Rivers, Manning, Brady & Big Ben? All were earned on the road? Are you kidding me? That just doesn't sound possible.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, (1 game at a time), but I'll be pulling for the Steelers on Sat.

9. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Loss to Baltimore

10. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Steelers. Because my boy is a huge Steelers fan and has season tickets to the Steelers, which means I am going. Went up there 2 years ago for the AFC championship against Bmore wishing it was the Jets. Plus there was some asshole next to his seats last time I went up there for Steelers - Bengals this year saying Aso was better than Revis after some chic next to me saw me pull my blackberry out with the Jets logo on the screen. Ended up getting into a huge fight with the whole section about how we were coming to kick the Steelers asses in a few weeks. (my boy had left by then to check on some other friends in his other set of seats that he had so he didnt witness it all).

11. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Agreed they are much more winnable then Steelers. We just had a shit offensive plan...

12. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

We already beat Pitt, so, Ravens.

13. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

The Pats. I can't think that far ahead.

14. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Actually it's 6 (and you can make it 9 years).

The AFC won 3 of the 4 before that also (Baltimore and Denver twice), but the NFC won 13 straight Super Bowls before that (XIX through XXXI)

15. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan would cream himself if he would get the Ravens in the AFC Championship

16. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Baltimore. Because the Steelers are better.

17. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

F-----G Baltimore.

18. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Don't worry, I'm sure someone on the Pats boards created a jinx thread against the Pats that will counteract this thread, so the jinx threads should cancel out. Or maybe they won't?

One of these days I'm going to figure how to jinx and curse football teams from the comfort of my own home. Then I'll go to Vegas with my faded jinxed picks and then I'll buy my own private island.

19. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Give me Baltimore we beat Pittsburgh this year anyway.

20. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Yes, as will I.