Can Sanchez end his critics and kill SOJ on sunday?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Jan 11, 2011.

1. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

3+0=7? Is that the kind of monkey math they teach in Massachusetts?

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Does the asinine SOJ stuff ever go away?

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Sanchez shouldn't have to silence the critics on his own. The one who can really silence the critics is Schotty, by providing the offense with a gameplan that allows them to control the clock, keep Brady off the field, and score points while forcing the Patriots defense to focus on the run game. Establish the pass with the run.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You know what the Jets need to do for that to go away.

Edit: and even after they go all the way, there will still be some goober that feels the need to write extensive SOJ poetry the day after a disappointing loss, to romanticize their feelings to the internet.

#24 abyzmul, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  5. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

congratulations he is a moron. but I think he is right about the number (7) if he says the games sanchez has played in foxboro....

But this year was an epic meltdown that caused him to force things. Last year he was a rookie who was in over his head and playing dead center in his worst stretch of play for the entire year...

This time he is going in with a confident team that has been pushing people around in the run game. Rex will have a defense ready to roll and we certainly won't get the two shortest punts of weatherfords life to start the game, on top of missing a 53 yard fg.

In short, if we do more than not show up, we can't play any worse than we did.

We are going into gillete and we are going to knock some heads. Will they come out with a win? I don't know, but they damn sure are going to give them the fight off their lives...

6. Zcore

Zcore New Member

What does SOJ mean or stand for??

7. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

s.o.j, wont be officially dead untill we win another super bowl.

8. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Wow....I don't always agree with you but you're 100 percent correct here.
    This is the discussion that will seemingly never end. Well, Rex said it best himself yesterday, "if we beat the Patriots, we'll be the SOJ, right back in the AFC Championship Game."

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

This is probably true. But it's not a revolutionary idea.

As Rex said in his presser yesterday, all the Jets need out of Sanchez is for him to give his receivers a chance.

If Mark can be a little more accurate and not give the ball away, it will be up to the defenses. The fate of the game is far more favorable for the Jets if it relies on the defense.

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Not sure if you are serious.

S.ame O.ld J.ets

11. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

Congratulations I am pretty sure I know who the moron is.

12. Zcore

Zcore New Member

I honestly didn't know.....SOJ could have meant anything???

13. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

He'll always have critics. And there will always be idiots.

A big play to win a big game would shut some people up. But I'm sure most of idiots would call it a 'lucky play'.

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

To be fair mark's INTs had little bearing on that game, the game was out of hand by the time he threw his first pick in the 3rd qtr.

Mark was bad but so was the rest of the O, D, STs and coaches. NO ONE showed up that night, I will be shocked if that happens again. We may not win but this will be a tough game for the Pats.

15. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

2nd year QB
    16 starts in college

There's nothing else to say.

He happens to be on a team with a lot of great players/pieces around him so he has a winning record unlike guys like Stafford. That situation is making fans of the team raise the expectation level much higher than it should be.

Rapistberger would never had won an SB in 2005 if the team around him wasn't "perfect". The Steelers had the most complete and near perfect team for a 2nd year QB to be on.

Matt Ryan is in the system 3 years, and is 2 years older than Mark.

Mark is developing at a slightly faster pace than average QBs so take a step back from the cliff, relax, enjoy the show. He will only get better.

And SOJ will never die because no matter how good this team is there will always be SOJF.

16. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

If the Jets lose this game it shouldn't ever be considered an SOJ loss. We're playing on the road against the best team in football coming off a bye week.

Personally I think SOJ was dead the minute Rex walked in the building.

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

right in conjunction with New England playing one of the best games I've ever seen them play (vs Jets).

it's hard to use that game as the barometer because even if the Jets played a perfect game they probably wouldn't have won the game.

18. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

well satd and I agree. To offer excuses for Sanchez's dismal performance does a diservice to him. he is a perfectionist and was not happy with his performance either. I think he will develop into a very good QB but he is not there yet.

Ithink we can and will beat the Pats inspite of sanchez's performance. I expect to run them into the ground with an occasional pass from Mark. i expect a defensive score as well.

There is no reason why we all have to close our eyes to a bad performance(s) by our QB. He was highly inaccurate and wild high in the Colts game. we have seen it before. We are all Jets fans and want the best from our QB and team. No need for EXCUSES!

19. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

SOJFs won't go away until we win the Super Bowl.

20. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

I rewatched the bears game last night (fast forwarding when the defense was on the field) and if Sanchez plays like that Sunday we will win the game. What I found interesting was that each time Chicago scored the camera went to Sanchez and he had this look like. Ok let's go get another score. Sort of a cockiness I haven't seen him with.