How Confident Are You?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Jan 10, 2011.

?

How Confident Are You?

1. 5 - I'm almost sure the Jets will win

10.7%
  2. 4 - They'll probably win

8.9%
  3. 3 - It's a toss up, could go either way

33.5%
  4. 2 - They could win, but I'm doubtful

39.3%
  5. 1 - I'm almost certain they'll lose

7.6%
  1. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

4. I was about a 2 prior to the Monday night game against them. Just had a bad feeling.

I feel much better about this game. This team has their pride on the line and I think the Leonard factor was huge
    The key is to get a lead early or keep the game close.

The Indy game is going to go a long way as far as confidence.

That ass beating may be the best thing that has happened to us

2. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

It would be a huge upset.

3. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

3 on paper.

But 5 in my heart.

LETS GO!

Edit. The vbookie payout if the Jets win should be like triple what it usually is.

4. tatur

tatur New Member

I believe in a win, but as almost eberybody it would be a surprise for me. A very good surprise.

5. Zcore

Zcore New Member

I want 5 but I have to go 3 because both teams will come out fighting
    GO J! E! T! S! Jets! Jets! Jets!

6. endydee

endydee Active Member

It will be a very hard fought game, I think. It all depends on turnovers, getting to Brady, and being able to control the ball.

Like with Manning, if the Jets can keep Brady on the sideline, and his time with the ball down, then they have a chance.

We beat them in New York, which shows they can be beat. They destroyed us in New England sure, but I don't think that will happen again. It'll be a lot closer. Not sure we win, but we will definitely show up this time. It could go either way.

7. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

the last game in NE was over before it began.
    NE FG to open the game
    Jets attempt a 53 yard FG for some reason and miss badly
    NE gets short field and a 40 yard pass interference call puts the ball at the one
    Jets 12 yard punt to the 32
    NE TD
    it was 17-0 in the first qtr and the game was over...bad coaching decision on the FG attempt, bad execution in coverage, and the worst punt of the season. I doubt you will see this happen again. This game will be closer...if they keep it close it is anyone's game - just ask GB and their backup QB.

8. sg3

sg3 Banned

FIVE

countem

FIVE

9. For me..It's not a matter of being confident or not.

All I know is...the Pats have beaten up on my team for just about a decade now. Members of their fan base have been arrogant bullies ready to pounce on the jets shortcomings every chance they get.

I don't care about who's the favorite and who's the underdog. All I know is that this is one of the best Jet teams in my lifetime..and they are capable of winning OR losing to any team left in the field. If a Super Bowl run is in the cards...They're gonna hafta get by Brady and NE sooner or later. M

Much like Rex...I'm not backing down from a fight. I say Bring it on new England! This is an opportunity to shut up a team and fan base that has had it coming for quite sometime now.If it doesn't happen..is anything really changing?The media already blows Pats every chance they get..and their fan base already thinks the game is over..they certainly can't get anymore obnoxious...

This is an opportunity not anything to fear...

Go Jets baby!

10. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

The Pats have no idea what Rex is going to bring.

This D is going to finally bring the hurt with new packages that Rex has just come up with.

We are winning this game.

SG is going to have a great game, we will run the ball heavily like I said before the Colts game (even though everybody shut me down for saying it).

Let's go Jets. Shut these fuckers up!!!!!!!!!!

Hit these bitches in the mouth.

Hurt someone!!!!!!!!!!

GO JETS!!!!!!!

11. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

I'm at a 3. i think this game is going to be unpredictable

12. ClockWorkYellow

38-17 Patriots.

Not to burst your bubble Jets fans, but here are some FACTS:

Over the last eight games of the season (the entire second half of the season), since the Patriots had that eye-opener against the Browns, the following is TRUE:

Jets
    PF: 211 (26.38 PPG)
    PA: 174 (21.75 PPG)

Pats
    PF: 299 (37.38 PPG)
    PA: 125 (15.63 PPG)

2010 Playoff Teams Played During that Stretch

Jets - 3 (Patriots, Steelers, Bears - Went 1-2)
    Patriots - 5 (Steelers, Colts, Jets, Bears, Packers - Went 5-0)

Top 10 Defenses Played During that Stretch (Points)

Jets - 3
    Patriots - 4

I'm not trying to piss in the punch bowl, just bring a little reality back into this thread. Can the Jets win? Absolutely, that's just how football works. But to act like what these teams have done lately shouldn't matter is ignorant and nothing short of blind optimism.

In the second half of the season, the Patriots have scored far more points against arguably tougher defenses, held teams to overall far less points over that stretch (including two more playoff teams), and failed to lose one game. The Jets went 5-3 during that stretch against (again, arguably) lesser competition.

You should all be rooting for the Jets, but anyone posting a "5" didn't watch what's transpired throughout the entire second half of the season.

13. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I guess you failed to notice that nearly 80% voted between 1 and 3. I can't say I'm surprised coming from a Pats fan posing as a Niners fan. What an odd combination. I'll bet I know where it came from though. You were a Niners fan from 1984 -> 2000, then became a Pats fan in 2001 -> present.

14. ClockWorkYellow

Considering I was born in 1984, I can't say that I have been a Niners fan that long.

I live in Connecticut, and couldn't care less about the Pats or the Jets. I'm sick of the Pats winning as much as anyone else, but it pains me to see such a good game get hyped in such a way the leaves people blind to facts. On Pats boards, I'm giving them as much shit for being overconfident.

My only point is it may be time to sober up. You should all be rooting for the Jets - they're your team - but have some objectivity.

But thanks for addressing my, you know, actual points.

#54 ClockWorkYellow, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  15. ClockWorkYellow

Also, as far as I'm concerned, this is the best week of football I've had in probably ten years. The Niners finally hired a coach.

16. WhiteShoeWillis

So nearly 80% of the votes being between 1 and 3 is not being objective? Are you having difficulty reading the poll?

17. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

80% of voters here give the Jets a 50% or less chance of winning. That's not objective?

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Again, the fact that most of the votes in the poll are at the low end should show you that there is objectivity on this board. But you ignored that, told people that you weren't going to piss in their soup, and then emptied your bladder... trying to be the Wake Up guy, even though we're already awake.

You're a fake. Go slurp some chowder, and quit wasting bandwidth trying to establish yourself as a 49ers fan.

#58 abyzmul, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  19. ClockWorkYellow

I was speaking strictly to the people voting "5". I did say that, but you guys have selective reading,

There are better ways to react to factual information that doesn't make your team look good than to just attack the source. You could, you know, dispute the information or post opposing statistical proof in favor of the Jets.

You guys are capable of that, right? It's sunny in Queens today, is it not?

20. WhiteShoeWillis

I would say that about 80% of the folks who voted here have nothing to dispute. Stop trolling.