Why the Colts timeout?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by crutchfield, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Not really. Folk told Ryan he could hit from there and they were trying to center the ball. They were going to let the clock run down and kick a 50 as time ran out.

It all changed after Caldwell called the time out.

2. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Apparently Caldwell said he wasn't prepared to let the Jets run the clock down and kick from 50 as time expired. Wanted us to snap it as many times as possible.

Bizarre.

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

1. Jim Caldwell is actually a robot Peyton Manning built and programed in his basement

2. Peyton Manning is a shitty programmer.

New England delenda est.

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Wow. I'm glad I had 8 or twelve beers in me by then, because I truly didn't appreciate the significance of this.

How about the low percentage bomb to Edwards on 3rd and five with 2:30 to play? I mean, ballsy call, and he was open, but Sanchez isn't exactly deadly accurate, isn't it a better call to keep it on the ground and force them to burn a TO?

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Caldwell basically said he called the timeout because the Colts were litteraly fucked at that point. The Jets would have spiked the ball. Then run the Braylon play anyway,

He wanted the Jets to run another pass play instead of a spike so he could get a chance at a turnover. I think Caldwell realized they were fucked at that point anyway you look at it.

6. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

THIS! I actually thought we called the timeout at first (though I didn't think it was our last time out) and was pissed. Then when they said the Colts called it, I was like wow!

7. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Interesting in that when Rex speaks his mind, he's a clown, a loudmouth and a classless buffoon.

8. Phyr

Phyr Member

Peyton should fire Caldwell and just take the title of head coach and offensive coordinator.